Recalled/Assigned: Hildeby recalled, new year, brave new world

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Pretty sure he will, but I think having him around the team practicing, building some familiarity with the guys first is smart. Clearly Jones was capable of going back to back
Jones has been great.
I was away over Christmas and New Years when he was brought up. Just curious if they had mentioned when he might get in.

Reactions: Sypher04

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
It makes no sense to call him up if you don't even trust him against SJ.

If you refuse to play him why call him up to sit on the bench instead of letting him play games in the minors?

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto

If you refuse to play him why call him up to sit on the bench instead of letting him play games in the minors?

Reward for playing well in the minors with a professional salary, get familiar with the team, practice against NHLers and a trip to Cali since they want his morale high long term? Not to mention if shit went sideways with Jones he’d get a start. Jones has just been playing great

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
Reward for playing well in the minors with a professional salary, get familiar with the team, practice against NHLers and a trip to Cali since they want his morale high long term? Not to mention if shit went sideways with Jones he’d get a start. Jones has just been playing great

Problem is now you have a player that needs to play who is losing his rhythm.

Calling up Petruzzelli last year and not playing him tanked his numbers when he went back. I guess we're using the same strategy on Hildeby.

Reactions: Leafidelity

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002

NHL pay check and practices. I doubt the player is complaining

Reactions: CincoHolio

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
NHL pay check and practices. I doubt the player is complaining

Are we going to start rewarding goalies every time they have 15 good games in the AHL?

It's good for his bank account. It's not good for the Leafs or his development. Goalies need to play to be in a rhythm. Most goalies can't just stop playing for 2 weeks and pick it up right away - which is why scoring is always higher in the beginning of every season or after a break.

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
Are we going to start rewarding goalies every time they have 15 good games in the AHL?

It's good for his bank account. It's not good for the Leafs or his development. Goalies need to play to be in a rhythm. Most goalies can't just stop playing for 2 weeks and pick it up right away - which is why scoring is always higher in the beginning of every season or after a break.
He was brought up because Samsonov stank not as a reward. He’ll play again before long, he’ll be fine.

Zonk

Jul 2, 2012
I may be misinformed, but I heard that Hildebeast only had one practice with the Leafs before the LA game. The LA and Ducks games were back to back, so there would not have been another practice. Since Jones had a shutout, it is understandable that Keefe chose to start him in both games.

The Leafs have had Thursday and Friday off and I assume that they practiced at least once, (not sure whether there was an off day or not, so there might have been two practices). Would you start Jones or Hildebeast on Saturday? I would start Jones because he is on a hot streak.

Assuming that Woll is out another month or longer, we will see Hildebeast play some games. In the meantime, he will benefit from practicing with the teams and watching games from a prime seat.

Edit: Just saw that Leafs had Thursday off and practiced on Friday. Keefe said that Jones would start on Saturday. Makes sense not to start the Hildebeast until he has some more practices.

Reactions: Rabidsenses

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002

He was brought up because Samsonov stank not as a reward. He’ll play again before long, he’ll be fine.
I may be misinformed, but I heard that Hildebeast only had one practice with the Leafs before the LA game. The LA and Ducks games were back to back, so there would not have been another practice. Since Jones had a shutout, it is understandable that Keefe chose to start him in both games.

The Leafs have had Thursday and Friday off and I assume that they practiced at least once, (not sure whether there was an off day or not, so there might have been two practices). Would you start Jones or Hildebeast on Saturday? I would start Jones because he is on a hot streak.

Assuming that Woll is out another month or longer, we will see Hildebeast play some games. In the meantime, he will benefit from practicing with the teams and watching games from a prime seat.

Edit: Just saw that Leafs had Thursday off and practiced on Friday. Keefe said that Jones would start on Saturday. Makes sense not to start the Hildebeast until he has some more practices.
Jones has earned the net, it has nothing to do with waiting for the other guy to be ready.

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
6’5 209 was from Hockey Reference. I think it’s old data. I had to update his salary, they had him at 92,000 or something he made in Europe. I’m guessing 6’6” 230 is closer to reality. Sorry for the upheaval. In the long run 2 inches does make a difference. (Stop it )

Also the bigger you are the more your weight can fluctuate. I am 6 7 and can I easily go between 230-245 in a few days back and forth

Most days I fluctuate about 6 or 7 lbs from morning to night

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020

Because you need someone on the bench

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006

To leave Sammy at home.

He gets a week with the big club in California and probably like 30k and could play a game.

The team rewards players like that all the time.

HellasLEAF

'93 to Infinity
Sep 14, 2006
Probably next weekend we see the Hildebeast on the b2b.

Great nickname btw.. Already off to a good start with that.

LeafalCrusader

Oct 3, 2013
Winnipeg
Play 8 games in 13 games when we get back on Tuesday. Need at least 2 starts during that time from the backup with such a condensed schedule.

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
Play 8 games in 13 games when we get back on Tuesday. Need at least 2 starts during that time from the backup with such a condensed schedule.
No. That’s what you think the Leafs need. Those who are actually part of the Leafs organization may differ.

hfman

Oct 30, 2013
Also the bigger you are the more your weight can fluctuate. I am 6 7 and can I easily go between 230-245 in a few days back and forth

Most days I fluctuate about 6 or 7 lbs from morning to night
drop 7 lbs in 16 hours?

you could be a trillionaire if you found a way to market your secret

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
Like who?

When did Samsonov become incapable of sitting on the bench?
The last thing you want is a goalie that has lost his way mentally to be sitting on the bench watching the 3rd string goalie take his place.
He needs to get his head on straight first

Reactions: OddyOh

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
Like who?

When did Samsonov become incapable of sitting on the bench?

???The leafs bring up players all the time to travel and they don’t play. They bring players up for the playoffs to be around the team.

It’s only news because it’s a goalie

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
drop 7 lbs in 16 hours?

you could be a trillionaire if you found a way to market your secret

Sure. It’s not all fat obviously.
Inflammation/water retention waste.

Most body weight isn’t fat

Just yesterday I weighed 230 in the morning and after dinner I was 237.

The bigger you are in your body. Not fat. The more you will fluctuate.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00