Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
IMG_2907.jpeg

Link

Frequently Asked Questions​

How old is Dennis Hildeby?​

Dennis Hildeby is 22 years old.

When was Dennis Hildeby born?​

Dennis Hildeby was born on August 19, 2001.

Where was Dennis Hildeby born?​

Dennis Hildeby was born in Jarfalla, Sweden.

How tall is Dennis Hildeby?​

Dennis Hildeby is 6-5 (196 cm) tall.

How much does Dennis Hildeby weigh?​

Dennis Hildeby weighs 209 lbs (94 kg).

How much is Dennis Hildeby worth?​

Dennis Hildeby's salary is $850,000 and his cap hit is $843,333 for the 2023-24 season. His salary is comprised of $75,000 in signing bonuses and $775,000 in base salary.

How many Stanley Cups has Dennis Hildeby won?​

Dennis Hildeby has never won a Stanley Cup as a player.

IMG_2908.jpeg

IMG_2910.jpeg

Last edited:

Folignos Helmet

Sep 4, 2020
If you said at start of year that we would have a Jones Hildeby duo before year end and with Lagesson and Benoit playing significant games I would guess most would have us out of the playoffs at this point.

So there is that.

I would guess he gets 1 or 2 games over next month with maybe another bet like Halak coming in.

Woll already has a checkered injury history so not expecting he will come back and close out the year with a tonne of starts either.

Srsly

Feb 8, 2011
Upland
On the positive side I doubt he can do any worse than Samsonov has this season. I just hope we’re not rushing him out of necessity. There’s a ton of upside there and it still feels early. Maybe he can Matt Murray his way to a cup?

Reactions: BayStBullies

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
The cat (Hilde)beast is out of the bag! Hope he can be here for a good time and a long time.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
On the positive side I doubt he can do any worse than Samsonov has this season. I just hope we’re not rushing him out of necessity. There’s a ton of upside there and it still feels early. Maybe he can Matt Murray his way to a cup?
He definitely should be an upgrade on this season's version of Samsonov.

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
I posted this in the Sammy thread, but seems worth repeating here:

This is probably earlier than the Leafs would like for giving Hildeby a taste of the NHL. Hopefully he does decently, but if he struggles, really hope the fans and media are understanding. He’s a young goalie with upside, but still needs a lot more development to hit his potential, what we’ll be seeing is far from a finished product. Huge goalies (6’6”+) are maybe the latest bloomers of any archetype, for example Markstrom didn’t really figure things out at the NHL level until he was ~26 years old, Ben Bishop ~29 years old, and Hildeby is just 22. Jake Oettinger is a very “early bloomer” for a 6’6”+ goalie, and I believe he played his first NHL game at ~21-22.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
I hope our Leafs can play lights out defensively in front of Hildebeast.

However, my main fear is that our core 4, and porous D, will allow him to sink or swim all by himself. Especially our core 4, whom are all highly paid and don't feel they have anything to prove by winning a gall darned thing like a Stanley Cup.

Best of luck Hildeby, you'll likely need it !!!

keonsbitterness

Sep 14, 2010
south of Steeles
View attachment 793905

Link

Frequently Asked Questions​

How old is Dennis Hildeby?​

Dennis Hildeby is 22 years old.

When was Dennis Hildeby born?​

Dennis Hildeby was born on August 19, 2001.

Where was Dennis Hildeby born?​

Dennis Hildeby was born in Jarfalla, Sweden.

How tall is Dennis Hildeby?​

Dennis Hildeby is 6-5 (196 cm) tall.

How much does Dennis Hildeby weigh?​

Dennis Hildeby weighs 209 lbs (94 kg).

How much is Dennis Hildeby worth?​

Dennis Hildeby's salary is $850,000 and his cap hit is $843,333 for the 2023-24 season. His salary is comprised of $75,000 in signing bonuses and $775,000 in base salary.

How many Stanley Cups has Dennis Hildeby won?​

Dennis Hildeby has never won a Stanley Cup as a player.

View attachment 793909
View attachment 793910
That Frequently dude asked a lot of questions.

Best of luck to Hildeby.

Reactions: Anthrax442

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
We could really use him having a hot start to his career right about now.
Hopefully his good play in the AHL transfers like it did for Woll last year.

Reactions: Buds17

Pebble live

Oct 17, 2021
This post is exactly why he should not have been called up. The hype and pressure this fan base is going to put on him is ridiculous. You children act like its the 2nd coming of McJesus.

Relax.

Razz

Jan 23, 2011
Mississauga
I posted this in the Sammy thread, but seems worth repeating here:

This is probably earlier than the Leafs would like for giving Hildeby a taste of the NHL. Hopefully he does decently, but if he struggles, really hope the fans and media are understanding. He’s a young goalie with upside, but still needs a lot more development to hit his potential, what we’ll be seeing is far from a finished product. Huge goalies (6’6”+) are maybe the latest bloomers of any archetype, for example Markstrom didn’t really figure things out at the NHL level until he was ~26 years old, Ben Bishop ~29 years old, and Hildeby is just 22. Jake Oettinger is a very “early bloomer” for a 6’6”+ goalie, and I believe he played his first NHL game at ~21-22.

I'm confident that the pressure on the kid will be minimal. Everyone knows his call-up is a matter of circumstance and that he is not the short term solution in Toronto. This call-up is only due to the meltdown of Sammy and the injury to Woll. Jones will handle the load until Woll returns. If anything this call-up solidifies Woll as our starting goaltender of the future.

To me this is a perfect situation for Hildeby. He can get a couple of games with no pressure to take over a job and carry the team. He's an injury fill in and can enjoy his promotion to the #3 goalie for the duration of the season. Successful season for him by any measure already.

Reactions: GreatDayforHockey

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3