Value of: High end package from New Jersey

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
Then you saw the reply from another fan who actual understands teh value of players not s#!t against a wall-
"This package would be by far the largest package for a goalie in the salary cap era."
If its this years 1st at 10 OA or better there is not much add at all (maybe just keep the damn pick honestly and shop for Linus), sure want to make it a pkg by adding Bahl or similar for Sway and a small pc whatever.
Nope. I didn’t read every single reply.

I think I’m one of the smaller minority of people that would trade Swayman, but I’d have to be knocked over by the offer. That was the type of package that would work for me, but still probably not the majority of Bruins fans. I was figuring a goalie was a throw in, but we don’t really need that anyway. So I’d probably do it for Holtz, Bahl, and the first, which is right now 12th I believe.

Reactions: Smitty426

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Siegenthaler is such an interesting piece to include. As i'm not sure how different teams view him. To me, he's a huge steal on that contract and a rock solid Top-4D. But how he's viewed among other teams...i'm less sure on.

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vegas
Siegenthaler is such an interesting piece to include. As i'm not sure how different teams view him. To me, he's a huge steal on that contract and a rock solid Top-4D. But how he's viewed among other teams...i'm less sure on.

He's had a rough year.

I'm of the opinion that they won't move him and I don't believe that they'll actually do much of anything to the defense for next year. Fitz has shown he is patient. Can't trade every guy on a down year and Marino and Siegs had down seasons. I suspect that he's going to let each of them show that they can bounce back. Bahl is the only guy that I can see get shipped out to try and improve that third pairing.

Reactions: biturbo19

Smitty426

Jun 25, 2006
Jersey
Lol what...

If thats what it took for Swayman sign me up EASILY.

Holtz, Bahl, Schmid and a 1st for a YOUNG superstar goalie I would say yes so fast
Glad you're not Fitzy. First off it has potential to be a lottery pick (Cory Schneider fir what becsme Bo Horvat in Van). Before you crap on CS, go look at his #s they are nuts. He's the sole reason we were not a lottery team for yrs. Holtz has almost the same amount of goals as Laf in NY (1st line mins with superstars), Alex gets Tierney and Macdermid as linemates! Bahl I'm indifferent to, but he has vslue in a pkg elsewhere. Schmid has some value even if it's in a pkg for. something elsewhere too. Yeah would I like Sway, yep. But there is also some cost controlled players being discussed here with 1-2 yrs all at or under $1M Mercer due a raise, Luke etc.
Holtz and adds sure.
More likely
24 1st in top 10 by itself

Get Sways buddy Linus otherwise

Smitty426

Jun 25, 2006
Jersey
Had a tough year though

Devils Trap

May 6, 2009
New Jersey
Glad you're not Fitzy. First off it has potential to be a lottery pick (Cory Schneider fir what becsme Bo Horvat in Van). Before you crap on CS, go look at his #s they are nuts. He's the sole reason we were not a lottery team for yrs. Holtz has almost the same amount of goals as Laf in NY (1st line mins with superstars), Alex gets Tierney and Macdermid as linemates! Bahl I'm indifferent to, but he has vslue in a pkg elsewhere. Schmid has some value even if it's in a pkg for. something elsewhere too. Yeah would I like Sway, yep. But there is also some cost controlled players being discussed here with 1-2 yrs all at or under $1M Mercer due a raise, Luke etc.
Holtz and adds sure.
More likely
24 1st in top 10 by itself

Get Sways buddy Linus otherwise
Great it has potential to be a lottery pick, guess what ...... we cant trade the pick before we know what it is.

Its not like we are trading a 1st and then suddenly it can become a top 3 pick lmao. Swayman is 25, he immediately solve s any goalie issues we have for the next 10+ years.

Holtz is whatever, he scores but really does nothing else at a good enough level to be a top 6 winger.

Schmid has zero value at this point, is upset with the org as his agent has come out publicly and said. When we get another Goalie, Schmid will drop to 4th in our organizational depth chart. Zero need for him.

Sure Id hate to lose Bahl, but it really isnt a massive lol. Hes been okay, but you need to move value to get value.

McDuffz88

HIRE BERUBE!!!
Sep 18, 2019
We don't need to put together a crazy package anymore. Flames overplayed their hand with Markstrom and we can probably get him for far cheaper than we offered at the deadline. When Markstrom is traded their fans are going to be massively disappointed. I don't think they're going to get this year's 1st or a roster player anymore.

Smitty426

Jun 25, 2006
Jersey
Great it has potential to be a lottery pick, guess what ...... we cant trade the pick before we know what it is. What are you even talking about? If they are in window to be a lottery pick it will never be traded beforehand. Then we have the lottery and we know. Now if they move up to anywhere higher than 8-9 and still want Swayman here is no addl pcs necessary going to Bos. I'd say a top 5 pick and just keep it . Work another deal for another G. Its also a young talented player on a cheap ELC which will need sooner rather than later

Its not like we are trading a 1st and then suddenly it can become a top 3 pick lmao. See above, we all know that! Swayman is 25, he immediately solve s any goalie issues we have for the next 10+ years. Agreed but that doesnt mean give away more than you need to, thats my only point

Holtz is whatever, he scores but really does nothing else at a good enough level to be a top 6 winger. So the top 10 picked chosen for his lethal release to score is nothing more than that, got it. Cant believe I had to type that, but ok

Schmid has zero value at this point, is upset with the org as his agent has come out publicly and said. When we get another Goalie, Schmid will drop to 4th in our organizational depth chart. Zero need for him. I saw that too and if so include him in a trade. Again it does not have to all be in a Swayman trade, you give what you have to, not more. No G has gone for that return. KK is most likely going to be aFA, so he's out of eth picture. So its Daws, 1 year of Allen and Swayman. If Daws flounders next year like Schmid has then what?

Sure Id hate to lose Bahl, but it really isnt a massive lol. Hes been okay, but you need to move value to get value. I have Bahl going in a pkg for a better LHD. His size is useless if he doesnt use it. He was fine in the playoffs but that guy is gone. Too busy X checking guys in front instead of using his body. Go get a better version with him with adds from us.

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
Who cares, they were both terrible in the NHL.
both are young and have had nice stretches. Schmid was good enough to eliminate the Rangers last year in the playoffs. Daws has had alot of great games as well, and some stinkers. both have potential to become very good goalies in the NHL.
most goalies dont really make it till they are around 26. these kids got growing to do but I wouldn't write them off yet

Reactions: NjdevilfanJim

Smitty426

Jun 25, 2006
Jersey
both are young and have had nice stretches. Schmid was good enough to eliminate the Rangers last year in the playoffs. Daws has had alot of great games as well, and some stinkers. both have potential to become very good goalies in the NHL.
most goalies dont really make it till they are around 26. these kids got growing to do but I wouldn't write them off yet
Thank you

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Both have so much potential but they just traded for a backup(starter now) and their GM said they will be looking for a starting goalie in the offseason, so I guess their GM doesn't share your opinions on them.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
None of that matters to NJD if they're replacing them with something better, right now, who is still young enough to be a long term member of the team. Both of them end up with their values significantly dropping to the organization if they get a goalie like Swayman back. They become throw-ins for a deal to get done at that point should Boston want a goalie back.

Reactions: The Crypto Guy

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Both have so much potential but they just traded for a backup(starter now) and their GM said they will be looking for a starting goalie in the offseason, so I guess their GM doesn't share your opinions on them.

those 2 guys are still babies in terms of NHL goaltenders.

Just because maybe they aren't ready to consistently play in the NHL doesn't mean they suck.

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
well to be fair, they thought Schmid was further along after their recent playoff series and where they upset the Rangers as the underdogs.
but he's having a rough 2nd season like alot of players do the ol sophomore jinx, and then they gave Daws a chance and really over played him once Vanecek went down, Daws was sometimes getting 4 starts a week.

then they acquired Allan which made sense, they could run Allan/Daws.
Kahkonen made no sense, only part that does make sense to me is they keep Daws under his 60 starts to keep him exempt and allow him to be a full time starter in the AHL.

None of that matters to NJD if they're replacing them with something better, right now, who is still young enough to be a long term member of the team. Both of them end up with their values significantly dropping to the organization if they get a goalie like Swayman back. They become throw-ins for a deal to get done at that point should Boston want a goalie back.
disagree, you just dont throw away young goalies. maybe one would be included for an upgrade which makes sense but they arent just going to give up on both of them

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
disagree, you just dont throw away young goalies. maybe one would be included for an upgrade which makes sense but they arent just going to give up on both of them
I'm not saying you just ship them both away. But their values significantly drop to the organization when you get a young, upgrade, and if the Bruins want 1 goalie coming back on top of whatever package you already have that's considered fair, you just toss one in.

Reactions: Arthur Morgan

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
I'm not saying you just ship them both away. But their values significantly drop to the organization when you get a young, upgrade, and if the Bruins want 1 goalie coming back on top of whatever package you already have that's considered fair, you just toss one in.
I would fully expect one to be included for a trade for a younger goalie. at this point I feel like they would focus on making Schmid that player and keep Daws and other teams would try to make it Daws

Reactions: NjdevilfanJim

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vegas
All this talk about Schmid and Daws, it's going to be funny if Malek is just better than them both.

Alan Wake

It's not a loop, it's a spiral.
Dec 14, 2017
If that's the case, look for Schmid and Daws to be some unhappy goalies in the minors. Could be a messy disgruntled prospect situation that Fitzgerald created (like in Columbus).
Is Fantilli suddenly not enjoying his time in Columbus?

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
Schmid and Daws are in their age 24 and age 23 seasons, respectively.

Hellebuyck didn't become a start until his age 24 season.
Shesterkin didn't become a starter until his age 25 season.
Sorokin didn't become a starter until his age 25 season.
Saros didn't become a starter until his age 25 season.
Demko didn't become a starter until his age 26 season.
Ullmark didn't become a starter until his age 26 season.
Markstrom didn't become a starter until his age 28 season.

Reactions: Billdo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad