OT: Hi ! Any old posters still around?

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
Kovalev was about the only thing he liked over the years.

The rest of his posts seemed like they were either telling us how smart he is or how bad everyone else is.

So not unlike a Marc Bergevin press conference!?

I’d say maybe he’s TheDamned, but there’s no way in hell MB was/is a Kovalev fan.

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
CyberSpace
www.ilovebees.co
Anyone remember OneSharpMarble? Man, he used to drive me nuts.

It's too bad my ignore list didn't move over from the old boards. I had so many classics on there.

@OneSharpMarble

giphy.gif

jiboy

la game dans la game
May 2, 2007
Already 11 years and couple more lurking , I love to read this forum Im always curious to know what is going on with all the teams in the league.

Sadly those last 2-3 years it feels like we are the big fish at the poker table , winning small pots and losing big ones.

Gonna look good on Bergevin when Yzerman wins GM of the year :sarcasm:

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

TRG

Oct 23, 2008
Montréal
I wasn't for a long, long time. 5 years or something. I still don't really post though, I don't really watch hockey anymore so I don't really have much to contribute.

I'm pretty sure we butted heads a couple of times though haha. Who am I kidding, I butted heads with everyone.

Holy shit, I was a big fan of your posts in the Politics forum

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Other names I recall that I haven't seen mentioned are bud the Spud, and blind guardien.

BG was a good one. It's rare for people to get their point across around here without being a dick or some sarcastic clown. We need more like him.

Reactions: dinodebino

OneSharpMarble

Oct 30, 2007
Calgary
Anyone remember OneSharpMarble? Man, he used to drive me nuts.

It's too bad my ignore list didn't move over from the old boards. I had so many classics on there.

Still here and still a :eek::eek::eek::eek:. I thought I got shadow banned a while ago but I guess not. I don't have the energy anymore to get back on peoples ignore lists. There was a mod with a long name I use to get into it with and then he quit. Can't remember his name now though.

Saint Patrick

2 rings in my hears
Feb 14, 2007
I've been around since 07, posting since then but clearly not as much as some of the real veterans here. I post in most GDT and take part in some discussions here and there and I cant figure out how some folks that joined in 2012 or later have 30k posts. Must post moaar !

the valiant effort

settle down, bud
Apr 17, 2017
I wonder if this thread will inspire some to reflect on their 10+ years of posting the same thing over and over and over and over.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Most of the old breed post on another message board. They talk a lot of **** about us behind our backs and think nobody knows. They even have a thread where they discuss this forum. Kind of sad but flattering too.
The idea was good. There was a lot of garbage at some point here. So going on another site and discussing there could have been good, but there was little activity, most of which turned into inside jokes.
Their GDTs are lucky to hit 2 pages right now.
But hey, good for them. Was just very boring going there for me.

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
From the usenet days there were at least two regular posters who became real sports authors/journalists. I don't know if it was their primary gig but. I do remember long after usenet died seeing one of them on the intermission show of a sens broadcast ( he was a good an well respected poster, unlike me and a bunch of others who would get into it with anyone over anything). I. Blame my infraction history largely on the wild west upbringing that was usenet, where anything goes was the mantra and thick skin was a requirement.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
From the usenet days there were at least two regular posters who became real sports authors/journalists.

back when I was a writer for HF and the now infamous HF magazine (I still have my one and only copy that I got as payment for writing an article on the Habs for the draft guide in '03) I used to help another writer by sending him game tapes. he was only 16 or so back then but I heard he's now scouting for the Sharks or at least was at some point.

Reactions: Lshap

Beige Van

Oct 4, 2009
Canada
From the usenet days there were at least two regular posters who became real sports authors/journalists. I don't know if it was their primary gig but. I do remember long after usenet died seeing one of them on the intermission show of a sens broadcast ( he was a good an well respected poster, unlike me and a bunch of others who would get into it with anyone over anything). I. Blame my infraction history largely on the wild west upbringing that was usenet, where anything goes was the mantra and thick skin was a requirement.

Ah, I remember lurking on the old usenet group in the 90's. Reading the threads when the Habs won in '93 on a UNIX terminal at uni makes me nostalgic and a little sad. Those groups were the wild west compared to modern moderated forums.

Gerry Warner is a name that sticks out in my mind. Was he one of the users that went on to sports journalism?

Reactions: peate

Harry22

Mar 28, 2005
Montreal
The idea was good. There was a lot of garbage at some point here. So going on another site and discussing there could have been good, but there was little activity, most of which turned into inside jokes.
Their GDTs are lucky to hit 2 pages right now.
But hey, good for them. Was just very boring going there for me.

Same. It’s mostly inside jokes over here. It was inside jokes when they were here too.

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
Ah, I remember lurking on the old usenet group in the 90's. Reading the threads when the Habs won in '93 on a UNIX terminal at uni makes me nostalgic and a little sad. Those groups were the wild west compared to modern moderated forums.

Gerry Warner is a name that sticks out in my mind. Was he one of the users that went on to sports journalism?
That's exactly how I started too, but it was after the 93 cup. Just missed that. I would love to see this group if the Habs ever came close the the finals.

Gerry still posts on alt.sports.hockey...along with a few others from back then.

Speaking of posts counts, wasn't scrubadam going for a record? I think he had like 1000 posts in his first week. :laugh: Or the girl from Arizona who was up to 60,000 after only a few years. That's a lot of time spent here.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Lecce vs Udinese
    Lecce vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $100.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $935.00