OT: Hi ! Any old posters still around?

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
I can't relate to the pre-2012 stuff that went on here but this thread remains a tremendous trove. Old friendships never die, even the virtual ones amongst those of you that were lucky enough to have had those experiences.. And there are always anecdotes to spare. Thanks all for sharing your stories and I hope to keep reading more of you all.
After doing a gazillion GDTs, you're designing the poster for the next meetup.

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
Just read through this thread, and holy crap, McPhee!

I don't post as much as I used to, much like a lot of people, but I'm sure that'll change when I start caring about the team again.

Those La Cage meetups with a bunch of people were always fun. I remember going to the last game of the season where the Habs needed to beat the Leafs and they'd be in the playoffs, but they choked and gave up a lead in the third period after a horrible Begin penalty.

I also used to play the EA NHL video games with the same group of guys online .We ended up winning a bunch of trophies in the early days of the EASHL.

Made some of my best friends here, and also met Seb.

Anyway, just went through my pictures on my computer to see if i had any pictures from the meetups, and I sure do! Pictured here from left to right:

IcE_CoLd (Thanks Chezz!)
No idea
@Renholder
****ing horribly awkward picture of me
@DerekT
AD
@mcfee

D8ZE0ig.jpg

The picture's properties says this was taken on April 15, 2006. So it looks like it was a 4-2 loss to the Sabres.

AD was the angry banana man, right?

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
You know I’m old when only 1% of the board remembers that I used to do GDT’s.

I remember your Mona Lisa Mr. Bean avatar lol

I also vaguely remember this superstition you created where you didn't watch the habs when they played the devils, at least I think that was you.

loadie

Official Beer Taster
Sponsor
Jan 1, 2003
New Brunswick
I was never a guy who posted a lot, but I read daily. I miss mcphee and Mooch and quite a few that I forget. Montreal is someone I enjoy reading about our prospects and possible future picks. Darz, Le Tricolore, Kriss E and others are guys I enjoy their posts and humour.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Used to partake in photoshop battles, be more light hearted, supported management. Now I'm jaded and hate everything. I guess in another 12 years I'll be a cranky old fart in real life too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad