HFWF OT #7: HAPPY RUSEV DAY!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I'm with you. I work in an office that would actually probably allow it but the fact I'm not sure is angering.

....also Fox cancelled Brooklyn Nine Nine and I don't want to live on this planet anymore.

Fox is not smart.

Apparently Netflix and NBC are competing to pick it up, so it’s not going anywhere

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Sounds like Last Man On Earth will continue on Hulu and Brooklyn Nine-Nine will be Netflix or NBC.

Fox cut the shows to make room to bring in Tim Allen’s Last Man Standing which was cancelled by ABC.

I like Last Man Standing, but LMOE and B99 are two of the best comedies on TV. Stupid to cancel them

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
im a fan of last man on earth, but its also really bad.
also only seen a few episodes of the last season. having a hard time here.

but yeah. still glad its not totally dead.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Yeah my office is laid back as all hell but it should just be cool everywhere. Shorts for all! I just wear jeans, Chucks or slip ons and a band t shirt 85% of the time. Obviously if I have client meetings it's different.

Also. It's wunderkid time in Toronto.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Yeah my office is laid back as all hell but it should just be cool everywhere. Shorts for all! I just wear jeans, Chucks or slip ons and a band t shirt 85% of the time. Obviously if I have client meetings it's different.

Also. It's wunderkid time in Toronto.

Damnit you’re luckily. Ours is just standard business casual so I can’t wear my daily wear which is as you described, band tee, and chucks/vans/doc martens.

I just buy a bunch of $12 H and M polos for the summer and wear my sweaters in the winter. I still just wear vans or chucks at work and if there’s a meeting I have my dress shoes in my drawer to switch into. :laugh:

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
ill take office over restaurants. but i dont know what you do at each job. one could be more fun than the other for sure.

im doing so good myself this days. clients are bringing new clients and its so beautiful outside that we can get creative instead of using the studio only. yeaoh!

Reactions: PeterSidorkiewicz

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
the choice is easy, i feel.
Yup. And I left on good terms and was told the door is always open for me cause the manager never had to worry about me nlt coming in or not doing my job.

I can’t stay and do something that makes me miserable.

I gotta change the career path most likely now, but that’s fine by me.

Reactions: Disclose

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Too many people bash on office jobs.

I love working in an office but I appreciate I happen to work in a pretty great one. The idea of having set hours every day forever and I can just listen to music and work...ideal shit

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Everyone's different. I appreciate the cushy-ness of my office job and the security. At the same time though, I do yearn for something a bit more exciting every now and then especially since I'm never getting promoted here. Pros and cons for everything.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
money guaranteed is fun but i rather have my own schedule, work from my own place and not having a boss telling me what to do.
mind you... some clients ask for the most stupid, unrealistic crap, but i can deliver it when i want.

i worked at videogame company in the past as a tester.
while it was so much fun. its till a job where you have no control and the schedule was ruff. so i cant imagine siting in a desk doing a job that i dont love.

(true story i lost the job because a comment i made right here in hf lolllll)

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
we get a nice bonus if the game you work on sells well..........
i literally replied to someone on the geek board to buy certain games. not cuz they're good but because i wanna get a nice bonus for christmas.

turns out, many people working there post here. oops.
they didnt like the comment and they literally told me that im not ever comming back once my contract was over.

(senators fan with a KISS avatar living in montreal was just too damn simple to figure it out)

Reactions: BonMorrison

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
MCG

If you can, go work in a hotel ...front desk or banquets, you meet interesting ppl and easy to work your way up the ladder...i got burnt out working accounting for one bc I ran out of options to be promoted...wish I'd never left

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad