OT: HFNYR OT Thread XIII: HF Server Pilgrimage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zil

Shrug
Feb 9, 2006
Thanks for the "Legion" recommendation. I've just added it to my list. It looks really good!

Also, it may sound weird coming from a sci-fi fan like myself, but I hate zombie themes with a passion and avoid them at all costs. I have never seen one second...that's right, not a single second...of The Walking Dead, lol. Don't know what it is, but I loathe zombie stuff.

iZombie is as far from typical zombie fare as it gets. The zombies are sentient and solve crimes. lol

Revel

Dark Sky Enthusiast
Oct 20, 2015
Dunning–Krugerville
Anyone watch Destination America channel? The shows on this channel are ridiculous, lol. I have "Mountain Monsters" on right now and a bunch of obese guys from West Virginia are running around in the dead of night trying to trap a lizard demon in a converted smokestack. :shakehead

Zil

Shrug
Feb 9, 2006
Anyone watch Destination America channel? The shows on this channel are ridiculous, lol. I have "Mountain Monsters" on right now and a bunch of obese guys from West Virginia are running around in the dead of night trying to trap a lizard demon in a converted smokestack. :shakehead

Did they get it? :sarcasm:

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
Just read some reviews. Words like "Bleak", "Dark", & "Depressing" were commonplace in the reviews. Not sure about this one. They talk about bestiality in the first episode. WTF? This show might be a little too twisted for me, lol. I'll keep it in mind, though.

Black Mirror is incredible IMO. If you haven't seen that I would strongly recommend it. It is bleak and messed up but always in a mental way, not really a gory/graphic way. The creativity of the storylines is amazing. I like the most recent season the best.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Black Mirror is incredible IMO. If you haven't seen that I would strongly recommend it. It is bleak and messed up but always in a mental way, not really a gory/graphic way. The creativity of the storylines is amazing. I like the most recent season the best.

Co-sign Black Mirror. Maybe my favorite running show right now.

Three movies I've seen recently that I really enjoyed.

Moonlight
Moana
Captain Fantastic

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
I have heard a lot of good things about Legion. Haven't had a chance to check it out yet.

For something not related to Sci-Fi, I'd highly recommend Billions. The writing is spectacular and the character development is top notch.

Second season so far is better than first that was A-grade in its own right.

Check out "The Missing". Second season is down to the last few episodes.

Revel

Dark Sky Enthusiast
Oct 20, 2015
Dunning–Krugerville
Second season so far is better than first that was A-grade in its own right.

Check out "The Missing". Second season is down to the last few episodes.

Just read the synopsis for this one, too. I like the sound of it and will give it a shot.

Lots of good recommendations the last few days. I tried "Legion" and didn't like it, and also couldn't get into "The expanse". Guess I'm just really damn picky...I dunno.

I love the Sherlock Holmes, though. Thanks for that one, mjolnir13.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Just read the synopsis for this one, too. I like the sound of it and will give it a shot.

Lots of good recommendations the last few days. I tried "Legion" and didn't like it, and also couldn't get into "The expanse". Guess I'm just really damn picky...I dunno.

I love the Sherlock Holmes, though. Thanks for that one, mjolnir13.

Hey Revel, it's not just the story that makes "The Missing" a great show - acting and directing is top notch. I'm surprised it doesn't get more recognition. IMHO this is one of those contemporary shows that made TV genre >>> Movies.

I also watched "Stranger Things". To me this one is (purposely) a homage to sci-fi of the 80's.

Revel

Dark Sky Enthusiast
Oct 20, 2015
Dunning–Krugerville
eyjee said:
Let's just say... when Stranger Things season 2 comes out, I'm taking the day off of work so I can watch the entire season in one day

Must be Awesome!

Of course it is. And Stephen King.

I've seen all the Stephen King Made for TV movies and love them. No doubt I will become obsessed with Stranger Things. :)

kovazub94 said:
Hey Revel, it's not just the story that makes "The Missing" a great show - acting and directing is top notch. I'm surprised it doesn't get more recognition. IMHO this is one of those contemporary shows that made TV genre >>> Movies.

I'm looking forward to this one. Not sure which one to start first now, The Missing or Stranger Things.....decisions, decisions...

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
I'm looking forward to this one. Not sure which one to start first now, The Missing or Stranger Things.....decisions, decisions...

If you're a huge King/80s buff, then definitely Stranger Things.

giphy.gif

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
Found a slasher series called scream. Only good part was when they enacted the scene in Pulp Fiction with Vince and Mia dancing

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Let's just say... when Stranger Things season 2 comes out, I'm taking the day off of work so I can watch the entire season in one day.

You work? I thought your full-time job was posting graphs of fancy stats on HF all day. :sarcasm:

I need some good shows to get into. May take some of the recommendations here. My wife loves horror/darker stuff. I am more of a comedy/action kind of guy.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Someone please recommend me a series to get involved in. Preferably, something with a few seasons under its belt. I don't have Netflix, but do have access to most series online. I like sci-fi, fantasy, mystery, and documentaries. Not too into blood, death, murder, & CSI-type stuff. I know that severely limits my choices...as everything these days is about murder...but it is what it is. I don't mind the occasional murder in shows I watch...as long as every show isn't focused on murder & death.

For Sci-fi. Dark Matter is pretty good on Syfy, also if you have Netflix Stranger Things was excellent, new season will be out this summer, so you can catch up with the 1st season before that. Also, if you like more government type series Designated Survivor is really good, imo.

Bob Richards

Mr. Mojo Risin'
Feb 9, 2011
Jersey
I've seen "horror" and "Sci-Fi" in this thread so I'm going to shamelessly plug The Thing again.

If it wasn't for Evil Dead, it'd be my favorite scary movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad