OT: HFNYR OT Thread XIII: HF Server Pilgrimage

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYRangers2911

May 2, 2014
Hey guys,

First off I would like to say LETS GO RANGERS! I just moved down to Atlanta from NY and am in search of a decent bar to watch the playoff games with other fans. I know hockey in Atlanta its a crazy thought...but none the less would be nice to have beer and watch the playoff games with others who share a similar interest. If anyone knows of anywhere good I would love to know!

Thanks in advance!

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Hey guys,

First off I would like to say LETS GO RANGERS! I just moved down to Atlanta from NY and am in search of a decent bar to watch the playoff games with other fans. I know hockey in Atlanta its a crazy thought...but none the less would be nice to have beer and watch the playoff games with others who share a similar interest. If anyone knows of anywhere good I would love to know!

Thanks in advance!

I have lived in Atlanta for 10 years now and commute to Virginia. Pm me and I will be happy to explain to you depending on where you live, some good places to go. Inferno also may know of some good places.

Apr 5, 2014
Midland
Can't say I've ever been to Atlanta, but I remembered a thread on ****** a while back which might help, called "Hockey bars in atlanta."

Last edited by a moderator:

Beer League Sniper

Homeless Man's Rick Nash
Apr 27, 2010
City in a Forest
I live in Atlanta, but haven't really been out to a NYR-specific bar. Taco Mac, in addition to having a ton of beers on tap, will tune to any game you want. They have locations all around the city.

Hudson Grille Midtown is supposedly packed with Giants fans during football season FYI.

Beer League Sniper

Homeless Man's Rick Nash
Apr 27, 2010
City in a Forest
Also, it's worth noting that I've only been down here for about a year and a half, so I don't know all the little nooks of the city just yet. Buckhead is probably a good place to start looking.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
also if you play hockey up at the Cooler there's Millers Alehouse, they have hockey on in the evenings as well. Lotsa hockey ppl there since its literally walking distance from the rink.

OverTheCap

Jan 3, 2009
When I was in college I used to go Famous Pub on North Druid Hills Rd in the Toco Hills shopping center. Huge place with tons and tons of TVs so the game should def be on.

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
When I was in college I used to go Famous Pub on North Druid Hills Rd in the Toco Hills shopping center. Huge place with tons and tons of TVs so the game should def be on.

Toco Hill...used to live right around the corner. Been to Famous quite a few times.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
Really? The atmosphere has been awesome in some I've gone to. Game-Like almost.

I don't drink anymore though, so no longer go.

Can certainly be fun.

Gotta be the right spot with the right amount of TV's/viewing.

Unlike other sports, I feel like hockey is one where you gotta pay attention 100% of the time.

NYRangers2911

May 2, 2014
Thanks! I have been to taco mac several times for games and they do put it on. Just no one else, at least at the one in Sandy Springs is into the whole hockey thing. I appreciate all your suggestions and will have to check some of them out!

Thanks again!

eKardz

Mar 22, 2009
Holtsville, NY
this is sweet. i just moved to atlanta in january. i have kept my season tickets and fly in for some select games, but I just watch at home, or taco mac or the square as I live in decatur.

we should all get a meetup going.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
Toco Hill...used to live right around the corner. Been to Famous quite a few times.

My wife and I just moved from that area (Decatur). Its a really nice place. We moved to a better more central location. We wanted a house...like a full on house with land. can't get that there for less than 500k. So we moved about 15 mins away and got ourselves a house :)

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
this is sweet. i just moved to atlanta in january. i have kept my season tickets and fly in for some select games, but I just watch at home, or taco mac or the square as I live in decatur.

we should all get a meetup going.

Yeah like I said, we just moved from Decatur.

Btw, my car got stolen and completely gutted from there...its a nice area but theres a LOT of crime...par for the course for Atlanta. If you can, get the Club. i know it sounds stupid or whatever, but it really really helps. its more of a deterrent than anything.

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
Yeah like I said, we just moved from Decatur.

Btw, my car got stolen and completely gutted from there...its a nice area but theres a LOT of crime...par for the course for Atlanta. If you can, get the Club. i know it sounds stupid or whatever, but it really really helps. its more of a deterrent than anything.

How did I forget...my roommate and I actually got held up at gun point on our walk home from Famous Pub. Good times!

OverTheCap

Jan 3, 2009
I lived in Decatur as well! I lived in a gated community, but that didn't deter some robbers from stealing my friends laptops and other electronic supplies from their ground floor apt :laugh:

Always interesting to see how many HFNYR members have connections to Atlanta. I like it a lot down there and wouldn't mind moving back someday. And the cost of living is much more affordable than NY.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
I lived in Decatur as well! I lived in a gated community, but that didn't deter some robbers from stealing my friends laptops and other electronic supplies from their ground floor apt :laugh:

Always interesting to see how many HFNYR members have connections to Atlanta. I like it a lot down there and wouldn't mind moving back someday. And the cost of living is much more affordable than NY.

agreed. my house would be over 2 million bucks in the NY area. here...not even in the same stratosphere.

rkhum

Aug 3, 2011
I have lived in Atlanta for 10 years now and commute to Virginia. Pm me and I will be happy to explain to you depending on where you live, some good places to go. Inferno also may know of some good places.

You commit to VA from Atlanta?

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
Hey guys,

Thanks in advance!

My brother moved down there about a year and a half ago.. There's definitely a lot of places to catch games.

He actually just started a group for Atlanta-area hockey fans to hang out and watch games.. They're meeting this Friday to watch the Rangers game at one of the coolest bars in the city (Six Feet Under).. You should definitely join the group and check it out! Anyone is welcome

http://Meetup.com/Atlanta-Hockey-Fans

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
Hey guys,

Thanks in advance!

I'm not from the area, but I bet those hockey bars are a ghost town until close to a Thrasher's game. :sarcasm:

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
I'm not from the area, but I bet those hockey bars are a ghost town until close to a Thrasher's game. :sarcasm:

atlanta has a pretty big hockey community believe it or not.

We've got 2 sheets of ice in duluth, 1 in marietta, at least 1 or 2 in Kennesaw (ive never been there), 1 in *******, 1 more coming in sandy springs, and 2 in alpharetta.

so within a few months we'll have 8 or 9 sheets of ice in the atlanta area.

that's pretty good considering it's atlanta.

I play in the AAHL, there are 51 teams in our league alone (its split up into many divisions). Duluth has its own league with probably about 15-20 teams there..and the same thing over in Kennesaw.

The AAHL also has 3 leagues for over 35 players, and a rec league with 8-12 teams depending on how many people register.

thats a pretty good base to build off of.

btw the bleeped out thing there is the name of a town that sounds exactly like "Coming" but spelled differently, if you get my meaning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->