OT: HFNYR OT Thread XIII: HF Server Pilgrimage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
I have literally no idea what is happening in westworld

What mission are Dolores and this guy on?

What is ed Harris doing?

No clue

POTENTIAL SPOILER

It makes more sense if Ed Harris is older Williams and the Dolores/Williams storyline took place 30 years prior to the Ed Harris storyline.

Last edited:

wolfgaze

Interesting Cat
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2006
Earth
For awhile I was waiting for the movie 'Spotlight' to be available On Demand (I don't have Netflix or any other streaming service)... Wanted to see it because I had read the reviews and acclaim for the film... Well last week I just decided on a whim to check Youtube and sure enough - the full movie can be found there... So I watched it and it was really good... Definitely recommended...

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
"The names Dalton!"
Roadhouse was a good flick. Scary that Rhonda Rousey was early choice for the part. Probably going to suck.

Also interesting they remake Scarface in modern day LA. That one is definitely better left undone. Was such a masterpiece.
Hah, LH, speaking of, Point Break (2015) is on right now. I'm afraid to watch. :laugh:

Miamipuck

Al Swearengen
Dec 29, 2009
Take a Wild Guess
Hah, LH, speaking of, Point Break (2015) is on right now. I'm afraid to watch. :laugh:

That movie has suck written all over it, not even if you paid me.

When is Hollywood going to realize certain movies that just work because of the cast and how they interact aren't conducive to being remade. I can list a ton that have no business being remade because they can't recreate the chemistry of the original stars, Point Break is a great example.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
New York Rangers hockey remind me of that Titantic movie; was it with Sean Connery & Brady pitu? ..I don`t remember. But I`m worried that this is beginning of a losing streak. :(

Revel

Dark Sky Enthusiast
Oct 20, 2015
Dunning–Krugerville
Good movie I just watched online is "Stonehearst Asylum". Kate Beckinsale, Ben Kingsley, and Michael Caine are in it. It's from 2014. Not overly complicated. Simple, easy to understand plot...yet entertaining.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Has anyone seen Office Xmas Party yet?

Gonna try and catch it next week. Previews look hilarious.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Highly recommend Netflix's Bloodline and Marco Polo. Both originals have 2 season available.

Revel

Dark Sky Enthusiast
Oct 20, 2015
Dunning–Krugerville
Someone please recommend me a series to get involved in. Preferably, something with a few seasons under its belt. I don't have Netflix, but do have access to most series online. I like sci-fi, fantasy, mystery, and documentaries. Not too into blood, death, murder, & CSI-type stuff. I know that severely limits my choices...as everything these days is about murder...but it is what it is. I don't mind the occasional murder in shows I watch...as long as every show isn't focused on murder & death.

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
Someone please recommend me a series to get involved in. Preferably, something with a few seasons under its belt. I don't have Netflix, but do have access to most series online. I like sci-fi, fantasy, mystery, and documentaries. Not too into blood, death, murder, & CSI-type stuff. I know that severely limits my choices...as everything these days is about murder...but it is what it is. I don't mind the occasional murder in shows I watch...as long as every show isn't focused on murder & death.

For sci-fi, the first few seasons of Fringe were really good. For mystery, I love Poirot (although it's a bit understated for some).

Revel

Dark Sky Enthusiast
Oct 20, 2015
Dunning–Krugerville
For sci-fi, the first few seasons of Fringe were really good. For mystery, I love Poirot (although it's a bit understated for some).

Crease...thanks for the recommendations. I've seen all of Fringe :) . Poirot I watched here and there...but never really liked David Suchet.

If anything else comes to mind...please let me know!

Deleted member 23124

Crease...thanks for the recommendations. I've seen all of Fringe :) . Poirot I watched here and there...but never really liked David Suchet.

If anything else comes to mind...please let me know!

Sherlock with Benedict Cumberbatch is excellent.

Best Sherlock IMO goes to the Jeremy Brett series.

Zil

Shrug
Feb 9, 2006
The Expanse is fantastic. So is Legion. iZombie is fun if you want something lighter.

Revel

Dark Sky Enthusiast
Oct 20, 2015
Dunning–Krugerville
The Expanse is fantastic. So is Legion. iZombie is fun if you want something lighter.

Thanks for the "Legion" recommendation. I've just added it to my list. It looks really good!

Also, it may sound weird coming from a sci-fi fan like myself, but I hate zombie themes with a passion and avoid them at all costs. I have never seen one second...that's right, not a single second...of The Walking Dead, lol. Don't know what it is, but I loathe zombie stuff.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
I have heard a lot of good things about Legion. Haven't had a chance to check it out yet.

For something not related to Sci-Fi, I'd highly recommend Billions. The writing is spectacular and the character development is top notch.

Revel

Dark Sky Enthusiast
Oct 20, 2015
Dunning–Krugerville
I have heard a lot of good things about Legion. Haven't had a chance to check it out yet.

For something not related to Sci-Fi, I'd highly recommend Billions. The writing is spectacular and the character development is top notch.

I just looked over "Billions"...and I'm not sure it'll be my cup of tea. I'll keep it in the back of my mind, though. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad