OT: HFNYR OT Thread XIII: HF Server Pilgrimage

Status
Not open for further replies.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Anyone watching Iron Fist? I skipped Jessica Jones, but thought that Daredevil was fantastic. Making my way through Luke Cage and enjoying it.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
Anyone watching Iron Fist? I skipped Jessica Jones, but thought that Daredevil was fantastic. Making my way through Luke Cage and enjoying it.

Pretty much everyone I've spoken to about it has crapped all over Iron Fist.

I like Daredevil, but honestly I think the Punisher was the best part of the series. Can't wait for that one.

Doctor King Schultz

Garian Maborik
May 3, 2012
NYC

Jessica Jones is great, but I heard Ironfist was terrible. Legion on FX is the best Marvel tv series to date. Blows Daredevil (which I like), Jessica Jones, and Luke Cage out of the water.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Pretty much everyone I've spoken to about it has crapped all over Iron Fist.

I like Daredevil, but honestly I think the Punisher was the best part of the series. Can't wait for that one.

Yeah. I'm normally all over anything Marvel that Netflix punches out, but I haven't even started Iron Fist because I've heard nothing but terrible things about it.

Someone had told me that the actor only had three weeks to prepare for the role though, which seems... bad.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/03/26/theres-reason-fight-scenes-iron-fist-getting-panned/

It was very intense to begin with. When I first moved over to New York, before I started actually filming, I had three weeks of very intense martial arts and weight training preparation. But then unfortunately once the show started, the filming schedule was just so tight – I was working 14 hours every day, six days a week, days into nights, nights into days – and actually my schedule didn’t allow me to continue the training as much as I really hoped.

I was learning the fight scenes 15 minutes before we actually shot them because the schedule was so tight. So 15 minutes before the stunt director would talk me through the choreography and I’d just jump straight into it. It really was a baptism of fire and I just learned on the job and I’ve been doing it for 12 months now.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
They started showing promotions for the new season of "Fargo". Not the story but just characters and background. A police car moving slowly through a snow storm to stop because there's a wall A/C unit blocking the middle of the road... Classic "Fargo"!!! Can't wait.

Also a new season of "Better Call Saul" just started! I'm waiting for a couple of more episodes to watch in one sitting.

"The Americans" is in the midst of a new season and as good as ever!

Kaapo Cabana

Next name: Admiral Kakkbar
Sep 5, 2014
Philadelphia
currently re-watching Better Call Saul to ready myself for the next season.

Mondays at 10pm during playoff time? Thank the Lord for DVR

Doctor King Schultz

Garian Maborik
May 3, 2012
NYC
I'm most excited about The Leftovers coming back in a few weeks and Better Call Saul returning. Billions is in the middle of an excellent second season.

Zil

Shrug
Feb 9, 2006

Why did you skip Jessica Jones? It's the best or second best series of the whole set.

Revel

Dark Sky Enthusiast
Oct 20, 2015
Dunning–Krugerville
Well...I watched the first season of Stranger Things over a period of 2 days. Good show. Some of the actors annoy me, but overall I liked it and will watch season 2 when it comes out.

Now time to start The Missing...

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Why did you skip Jessica Jones? It's the best or second best series of the whole set.
Was not feeling it for some reason. Did not start. And did not think that I was going to get hooked on Daredevil as much.

So Iron Fist is not strong? That is an issue as I am looking forward to Defenders, which makes watching Iron Fist would be a plus. Dilemma.......

Zil

Shrug
Feb 9, 2006
Was not feeling it for some reason. Did not start. And did not think that I was going to get hooked on Daredevil as much.

So Iron Fist is not strong? That is an issue as I am looking forward to Defenders, which makes watching Iron Fist would be a plus. Dilemma.......

I dragged myself through Iron Fist for the same reason and it really wasn't worth it. The writing is bad, the main character is insufferable, and you don't learn anything that seems super important for watching Defenders.

Jessica Jones is really, really good though. And Luke Cage is in it a lot. I can't recommend that one highly enough.

EpicDing

which is why I included the question mark earlier
Oct 2, 2011
Hartford
I got like 7 episodes into Iron Fist and couldn't finish it. This coming from someone who binged the other Netflix Marvel shows the weekend they released.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
Archer is one of my favorites. You should check out Rick and Morty if you haven't already. Stranger things is awesome and if you have Netflix I'd recommend the inbetweeners.
I endorse the Inbetweeners. Not on Netflix Canada anymore, sadly.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Jessica Jones is great, but super dark and depressing.

I'm planning on starting the Americans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad