GDT: HFNYR 2014 Draft Day, Friday June 27th/Saturday June 28th. 7:00 P.M. EST.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
Mangiapane reminds me of Marzipan.

180px-NewestMarzipan.png

God she is so hot.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
I just hope they can make the best of a bad situation again this year.

I thought they did very well last year considering the picks they had.

Do it, front office. Do it for Marzipan.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
I just hope they can make the best of a bad situation again this year.

I thought they did very well last year considering the picks they had.

Do it, front office. Do it for Marzipan.

I agree. Graves played well in the playoffs for Val-D'or. Duclair finished 6th in the QMJHL in scoring (just a few points behind a guy like Ehlers).

iamthewalrus

Aug 1, 2010
Connecticut
With the talk of Ho-Sang falling. Any one think that we will trade up and snag him if he is available early in the second?

One can hope. Would love to snag him off the board. potential steal of the draft.

Seems fun too. The league needs some arrogance, as long as he doesn't become toxic in the locker room.

Said it in the main board thread too: He'll celebrate, be ridiculed for his celebration, then celebrate even harder his next time on the ice. Would love to have that here. Same reason I was excited about Kristo, they just need some maturing and if there's anyone that can do that it's veterans and NHL coaches

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
One can hope. Would love to snag him off the board. potential steal of the draft.

Seems fun too. The league needs some arrogance, as long as he doesn't become toxic in the locker room.

Said it in the main board thread too: He'll celebrate, be ridiculed for his celebration, then celebrate even harder his next time on the ice. Would love to have that here. Same reason I was excited about Kristo, they just need some maturing and if there's anyone that can do that it's veterans and NHL coaches

Agree. I want that enthusiasm. I want someone with a cocky attitude. Sometimes I feel like Nash could benefit from that type of attitude. Ho-Sang would be a stellar pick up for us.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
To not pick a kid who has talent with a mid round pick because of a few disparaging comments he made is absolutely asinine.

Someone is going to pick him. No reason why it shouldn't be us. With our prospect pool as thin as it is, we don't have the luxury of passing up a player like him. I just hope he's learned his lesson and will be more mature in the future.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
I agree. Graves played well in the playoffs for Val-D'or. Duclair finished 6th in the QMJHL in scoring (just a few points behind a guy like Ehlers).

Yup, the only two players in front of Duclair in the QMJHL scoring race that had already been drafted were Mantha and Drouin. Good company.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Someone is going to pick him. No reason why it shouldn't be us. With our prospect pool as thin as it is, we don't have the luxury of passing up a player like him. I just hope he's learned his lesson and will be more mature in the future.

See, I agree with this 100%. The kid has made some very dumb mistakes with regards to what he said. However, you are right. We don't have the luxury of passing on him. People change. People mature. Another poster on these boards made a stellar point regarding Deangelo.

I don't know the details of the incidents, but when you are seeing red, like about to throw punches, dumb **** comes out of your mouth. Especially when you are 17 years old. Even if you have no problem with women, you might call a guy you are about to fight a bee word. Even if you have respect for homosexuals you might use a homophobic slur just before you throw a punch (especially if the target is not gay). You might use these terms in conjunction with any apparent physical features or personal traits. Whether they are tall, fat, blonde, Russian or French. The whole idea, really, is to be offensive. The things that are yelled in a heated verbal exchange between combatants generally aren't the best representation of a person's actual views and opinions.

Again, I don't know the details. Yelling a slur during a very heated exchange is not acceptable, but it is forgivable. Now, if he's doing this casually, or in a sustained, malicious bullying sort of way, that's obviously much worse.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Yup, the only two players in front of Duclair in the QMJHL scoring race that had already been drafted were Mantha and Drouin. Good company.

Yep. What Duclair did was quite impressive. If you look at points per game of the top 10 rather than just total points, iirc Duclair actually comes in higher than 6th. Getting another potential home run like him would definitely make up for our lack of 1sts for 3 years in a row.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Yep. What Duclair did was quite impressive. If you look at points per game of the top 10 rather than just total points, iirc Duclair actually comes in higher than 6th. Getting another potential home run like him would definitely make up for our lack of 1sts for 3 years in a row.

To think they got him and Buch, who did very well for his age in the KHL with grown men, without a first or second, is pretty incredible.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
To think they got him and Buch, who did very well for his age in the KHL with grown men, without a first or second, is pretty incredible.

Agreed. I think Graves has potential (bit of a longer shot than the other 2) to make it as a dman.

The question becomes... If Ho-Sang or Deangelo don't fall (odds are they won't), who do we REALISTICALLY target with our 2nd?

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere
Staal + 2nd for 1st overall.

Too little, we'd need to add a bit. Maybe Miller.

The fact that people are this upset about one thing he said is absolutely ridiculous. It is comical how sensitive people are.

Agreed

What do you guys think of Ryan Donato? Will probably be a 2nd rounder, but may not reach us at #59.

I think he'd be a 3rd round pick, but seeing that we just picked up another 3rd could mean that he is a possibility at this point.

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere
Bluenote I love the fact that you have Antti Kalapudas in your list. That Fin is scary good and completely underrated. I like Nikita Jevpalovs in there as well.

What are your thoughts on Arkhip Nekolenko and Leon Bristedt?

Bluenote13

Believe In Henke
Feb 28, 2002
BKLYN, NYC
Bluenote I love the fact that you have Antti Kalapudas in your list. That Fin is scary good and completely underrated. I like Nikita Jevpalovs in there as well.

What are your thoughts on Arkhip Nekolenko and Leon Bristedt?

Yeah Kalapudas came on late and I wonder how many teams may try to snag him early as he seems to get little hype. Looks like he could take time but be a possible NA style C/Forward.

Nekolenko, did not see much of him but he has a great shot and has great athleticism, but so far I don't see enough that he can put all that together. He was getting by on talent, then he was challenged and didn't do well, he was easy to keep in check.

Bristedt can play, he will be average size at best but I wouldn't mind him as a 4th round pick at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad