GDT: HFNYR 2014 Draft Day, Friday June 27th/Saturday June 28th. 7:00 P.M. EST.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
No point in moaning about 6th and 7th round picks. If there is indeed some guy that the Rangers really want after their last selection--Sather can do what he's done before trade a 6th rounder this year for a 6th rounder next year--there will be someone that bites. It happens all the time.
You're still down a 6th rounder then...

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
They both are scum bags, would much rather stay away from either. If they fall to #59 I wouldn't mind either too because talent is talent.

If DeAngelo drops too far I'm betting Lamiorello grabs him late first or in the second. Lou consistently goes for guys who drop on draft day. The Devils could use help at forward a lot more than defense but even so...Lou doesn't look a gift horse in the mouth. He takes what's given to him. He's done very well in the past doing just that. DeAngelo is also a New Jersey native--though a Flyer fan and that's another team that would probably be interested IMO.

We'll see but I doubt he even gets near the Rangers unless Sather moves up a lot of spots.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
You're still down a 6th rounder then...

Yeah, next year--it's almost a so what?

The Rangers need to restock--of that I have little doubt. I think we deserve out bottom of the barrel prospect ranking by HF. There are more ways to restock than just the draft though and usually 6th-7th round picks don't amount to much. Just looking at the current roster of never drafted players--Zuccarello, Girardi, Talbot--every team has them and some of them are really, really good players.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
What if there's a minor league tough guy available next season, too? He's going to end up on one of those teams that has their 6th round pick...

If worse comes to worse we can always buy Mirasty or Yablonski from their KHL teams. Those two can slug it out with anyone.

Last edited:

NYRSchrute217

Oct 28, 2008
I'd love to move up into the late first or early second to grab Ho-Sang. High risk, high reward kid. But a talent that we're lacking in the system.

Zil

Shrug
Feb 9, 2006
Ho-Sang isn't anywhere near as bad, IMO.

I definitely have a softer spot for kids who are a bit arrogant and mouthy (Ho-Sang) than I do for kids who use slurs against their teammates (DeAngelo).

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Honestly, I wouldn't draft DeAngelo even in the 7th round. **** that kid. I hope he is a complete flop and never plays a NHL game. Dude is pure scum.

It makes sense he is a Flyers fan.

*Bob Richards*

What's the deal with DeAngelo? Seems like Ho-Sang is just really sure of himself which I have no problems with.

Zil

Shrug
Feb 9, 2006
The question, if you could pull it off, then is... do you take Ekblad to fill the hole in the lineup? Or do you take one of the centers.

I'm going to start with the caveat that this is all hypothetical and that we're in a contending window so this deal will never happen. That said, we almost never get a shot to draft high end centers. You'd have to go for a center there. I have faith that Skjei will fill the hole Staal leaves in a year or two.

What's the deal with DeAngelo? Seems like Ho-Sang is just really sure of himself which I have no problems with.

He got suspended for some kind of racist or homophobic slur directed at a teammate: http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sarnia...-for-slur-directed-at-teammate-232527684.html

Zil

Shrug
Feb 9, 2006
Jonathan, in your opinion where would Duclair go in a 2013 re-draft?

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
I've run the draft for years on here. Create threads, link reports, stats, give my own thoughts, etc. I don't have time for it these days. Auf is right, I set him up for it.

If he wants to have you do it since the picture you posted is sick, maybe that's the best way to do it.

I just made this thread for general discussion of the draft, both Rangers and the rest of the league's picks.

Auf should still make individual draft pick threads like every other year, imo. I will update the first post of this thread then with the picks and links to the threads, or Auf can update that as well since he has 3l1t3 mod powers.

Blue Blooded

Most people rejected his message
Oct 25, 2010
Stockholm
Who the hell cares if DeAngelo is a *******?

1. He's a teenager, he'll likely mature at least a bit.

2. I don't care if he's a good person as long as he helps us win games.

I'd move up pretty far to grab DeAngelo, maybe even into the late 1st round. Not often you can get that amount of talent for so cheap.

Filip Chytil

Mar 3, 2014
Jonathan, in your opinion where would Duclair go in a 2013 re-draft?

hfboards.mandatory.com/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=87022423

At the time, it seemed like the Rangers got three very, very good players with their three third round picks. A year later, the Rangers took one player who probably wouldn't escape the top 20 teams if they drafted again this year (Duclair), one player who probably wouldn't get past the first 40 picks (Buchnevich) and a player who I'm not sure would have lasted until 65th in Tambellini.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad