GDT: HFNYR 2014 Draft Day, Friday June 27th/Saturday June 28th. 7:00 P.M. EST.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
I really like Husso, but with our prospect core the way it is, I'm a bit iffy on drafting a goaltender.

Anyone we picked this year would be 26 by the time Henrik's contract runs out.

Zil

Shrug
Feb 9, 2006
We have a lot of solid young players. Wonder what sather and company are gona do

In our system? I would say that we have a very shallow system actually. I like the guys that we have, but there aren't nearly enough of them. It thins out even more when you look at the center position: Miller, Lindberg, and Nieves. It's a longshot that any of those guys develop into top-six pivots.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
In our system? I would say that we have a very shallow system actually. I like the guys that we have, but there aren't nearly enough of them. It thins out even more when you look at the center position: Miller, Lindberg, and Nieves. It's a longshot that any of those guys develop into top-six pivots.
I like Fast, Buchnevich, Duclair up front. Also like the NCAA signings. We shall see.

Steve Kournianos

@thedraftanalyst
This is going to be a wild first day. So many rumors about the top-20. It's gotten to the point where a kid answering one question wrong will drop him 15 or 20 spots.

Florida should trade down. Ekblad was no more flashy or dominant than Larsson and Gudbranson were in their draft years. Same with Jovonovski.

Trade down. Grab a skill center later on.

There isn't a player in this draft who pegs me as an instant impact/bonafide franchise player.

Next year is a different story.

Clown Fiesta

Aug 15, 2005
Montana
I like Fast, Buchnevich, Duclair up front. Also like the NCAA signings. We shall see.

They are definitely doing a good job of supplementing our system with undrafted kids, unfortunately there is a limited quantity of those players each year, and our cupboard is starting to get pretty empty. I like the boom potential of a lot of our guys and think we're still in decent shape but you can never have too many good prospects.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown

We have a ton of solid young players considering half of our team is made up of solid young NHLers.

Steve Kournianos

@thedraftanalyst
The Rangers struck out with o-dmen. Sangs, MDZ and Staal -- all provided offense in the OHL and couldn't do it two levels up.

Mcdonagh is a stud but he needs help. They need a Green/Karlsson type - pure offense.

Girardi has no business on the PP.

Luc Snuggerud (Leetch's former teammates son) and Alexis Varnier are two PPQBs who will be available.

Take a chance. Roll the dice. They need a modern day Zubov-Leetch or Greschner-Reijo

Clown Fiesta

Aug 15, 2005
Montana
The Rangers struck out with o-dmen. Sangs, MDZ and Staal -- all provided offense in the OHL and couldn't do it two levels up.

Mcdonagh is a stud but he needs help. They need a Green/Karlsson type - pure offense.

Luc Snuggerud (Leetch's former teammates son) and Alexis Varnier are two PPQBs who will be available.

Take a chance. Roll the dice. They need a modern day Zubov-Leetch or Greschner-Reijo

Clark seems to think Calle Andersson could be what they need.

Rangerfan4life90

Oct 14, 2008
College Point, NY

I think the injuries ruined Staal's offense game (least he's still a rock on defense). MDZ has put up 37 and 41 point seasons, so I think it's still early to write him off. But yeah, I see your point.

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere
giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad