GDT: HFNYR 2014 Draft Day, Friday June 27th/Saturday June 28th. 7:00 P.M. EST.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
What do these duties actually entail? Were you going to create a draft preview?
Basically create a thread for each pick. Some relevant quotes. Link to the Rangers Unlimited article. Easy.

ColonialsHockey10

Jul 22, 2007
Man, crazy how little I know about the draft compared to back in the day!

I think back in 2008 I could have recited a mock draft through 3 rounds. 2010 was the last real draft I thoroughly followed.

The only guys I know from this year's draft are Bennett, Ekblad, Reinhart and Dal Colle. :laugh:

What I can say is this board truly shines during draft day(s). You can really see the knowledge from a lot of our posters, and it's cool to see us select guys that certain posters have been hyping.

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
Man, crazy how little I know about the draft compared to back in the day!

I think back in 2008 I could have recited a mock draft through 3 rounds. 2010 was the last real draft I thoroughly followed.

The only guys I know from this year's draft are Bennett, Ekblad, Reinhart and Dal Colle. :laugh:

What I can say is this board truly shines during draft day(s). You can really see the knowledge from a lot of our posters, and it's cool to see us select guys that certain posters have been hyping.

Same...although, honestly, I think the fact that we keep trading first round picks is part of the reason I haven't been paying nearly as much attention in the past, lol.

SupersonicMonkey*

Same...although, honestly, I think the fact that we keep trading first round picks is part of the reason I haven't been paying nearly as much attention in the past, lol.

Exactly the reason I haven't followed the draft the last couple of years. No point if the Rangers won't be involved.

Also because the team has been successful recently, with two ECF and a SCF in the last three years, I'm more interested in winning.

Follow the kids we draft though, to see how they are doing.

Still very curious about the possible trades league-wide tomorrow.

*Bob Richards*

I know our last 1st round pick was only two years ago but why does it seem so much longer than that? :laugh:

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA

yeah i used to spend way more time watching players than i do now...frankly i dont know if ive seen a single one of the players in this years draft...not one. almost embarassing.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
What does that entail? Telling everyone who the Rangers should take and getting them 100% wrong?

:D

I've run the draft for years on here. Create threads, link reports, stats, give my own thoughts, etc. I don't have time for it these days. Auf is right, I set him up for it.

If he wants to have you do it since the picture you posted is sick, maybe that's the best way to do it.

I don't have time these days so whoever has the best ability should be doing it for sure.

Basically create a thread for each pick. Some relevant quotes. Link to the Rangers Unlimited article. Easy.

I wish it was that easy. I usually put a ton of work into getting those threads perfect.

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
yeah i used to spend way more time watching players than i do now...frankly i dont know if ive seen a single one of the players in this years draft...not one. almost embarassing.

Meh, leave the draft stuff to the draft guys like Bluenote, Joey Bones, and others. We gotta focus on the NHL!

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere
Josh Ho-Sang questions:

Does he have a chance of dropping to us?

Yes
Does he have a chance of developing into a legit superstar?

If he loses his attitude problems and his "everything is about me" mentality, maybe.

Can he play center?

Yes, but I think he'll end up more as a winger in the future.

If he starts dropping, should we trade up to get him?

Would focus more on the Anthony DeAngelo drop instead.

Zil

Shrug
Feb 9, 2006
I have to say that it is very depressing to have so few picks. Sather needs to stop handing away the later round picks for nothing.

The Clowe trade is the one that irks me. We dealt our 2013 second, Florida's 2013 third (#61), and this year's fifth for him.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
The Mashinter and Falk deals kill me. Especially with the fact that they went out and gave away another asset for Diaz because they didn't want to play Falk

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Yes

If he loses his attitude problems and his "everything is about me" mentality, maybe.

Yes, but I think he'll end up more as a winger in the future.

Would focus more on the Anthony DeAngelo drop instead.

Would much, much, much rather have Ho-Sang than DeAngelo. DeAngelo is kind of a scum bag.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
No point in moaning about 6th and 7th round picks. If there is indeed some guy that the Rangers really want after their last selection--Sather can do what he's done before trade a 6th rounder this year for a 6th rounder next year--there will be someone that bites. It happens all the time.

In any case--there will be undrafted guys that the Rangers can sign. They had Dane Fox at their development camp for instance. We didn't sign him the Canucks jumped all over him but there will be players that will be out there--with just as good of a chance--some even better than a lot of those guys drafted in the later rounds.

The real problem is the lack of 1st round picks.

By the way I think there's almost no chance that DeAngelo is available at 59.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino