GDT: HFNYR 2014 Draft Day, Friday June 27th/Saturday June 28th. 7:00 P.M. EST.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
a3t91u6.jpg
oRpo4Bx.jpg

4EIwRk8.jpg
NZcu5B0.jpg

Vpgqb6h.jpg
LKEh27M.jpg

u2iMjEf.jpg
rGahJtj.jpg

uGWbgxP.jpg
X6pmA6M.jpg

Cx6aL4K.jpg
QHKsMD9.jpg

3M31BOx.jpg
rQCiusY.jpg

CwCJSYs.jpg
LTyENwz.jpg

Disclaimer 2: Potential selections are not necessarily the opinion of Rangers staff, or the major media outlets covering the draft. Actual draft picks may vary considerably. I just chose 3 for the sake of content.

Links:

Draft discussion thread:

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1683173

HF Draft Day Preview:

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/articles/109871/new-york-rangers-2014-nhl-draft-preview/

Other information:

NHL Draft Page
Rangers Draft Pick Status

SaveByRichter.com
RangersUnlimited.com
RangersReview.com
BleacherReport

Official list of picks:

Second round #59:
Third round #89:
Fourth round #119:
Fifth round #122:

Mods: If this is up too early, feel free to sticky and lock the thread until Friday night.

With the talk of Ho-Sang falling. Any one think that we will trade up and snag him if he is available early in the second?

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
I'm going to start with the caveat that this is all hypothetical and that we're in a contending window so this deal will never happen. That said, we almost never get a shot to draft high end centers. You'd have to go for a center there. I have faith that Skjei will fill the hole Staal leaves in a year or two.

He got suspended for some kind of racist or homophobic slur directed at a teammate: http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sarnia...-for-slur-directed-at-teammate-232527684.html

The fact that people are this upset about one thing he said is absolutely ridiculous. It is comical how sensitive people are.

Clown Fiesta

Aug 15, 2005
Montana
With the talk of Ho-Sang falling. Any one think that we will trade up and snag him if he is available early in the second?

Sadly I don't recall the last time we traded up to do anything, ever. I am sure it's happened, but it seems like we stay pat or trade down 99.99999% of the time.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
What do you guys think of Ryan Donato? Will probably be a 2nd rounder, but may not reach us at #59.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
The question, if you could pull it off, then is... do you take Ekblad to fill the hole in the lineup? Or do you take one of the centers.

Hard choice. Obviously having a cheap high end center is huge. But Ekblads point shot is absolutely ridiculous. He could provide a lot of offense from the back, which is also very valuable.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Hard choice. Obviously having a cheap high end center is huge. But Ekblads point shot is absolutely ridiculous. He could provide a lot of offense from the back, which is also very valuable.

we did in 2005 to get staal.

It would be ironic if we traded Staal to move up considering he was the player we last traded up for. Doubt it would happen unless he was signed to a long term extension beforehand.

I still think it would take Miller + Staal + 2nd + ?

Bluenote13

Believe In Henke
Feb 28, 2002
BKLYN, NYC
The fact that people are this upset about one thing he said is absolutely ridiculous. It is comical how sensitive people are.

This:
It's the second time this season the 18-year-old has been suspended for contravening the rule which attempts to keep homophobic, racist, sexist, and the other derogatory language used by small minds – out of the game.
/

What do you guys think of Ryan Donato? Will probably be a 2nd rounder, but may not reach us at #59.

Depends on who is also on the board, but he wouldbe an ok pick.

we did in 2005 to get staal.

Moved up in '04 & '05 and have not moved up since.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
This:
/

Depends on who is also on the board, but he wouldbe an ok pick.

Moved up in '04 & '05 and have not moved up since.

Oh. Two times. Forgive me. Makes such a huge difference. Avery said those things too (potentially worse). We loved him when he was here. Hypocrisy at its finest. If the kid has talent it would be foolish to pass him up. The PC police as usual have nothing better to do than demonize a kid who obviously still has maturing to do.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Oh. Two times. Forgive me. Makes such a huge difference. Avery said those things too (potentially worse). We loved him when he was here. Hypocrisy at its finest. If the kid has talent it would be foolish to pass him up. The PC police as usual have nothing better to do than demonize a kid who obviously still has maturing to do.

Twice in one year...yeah it kinda does make a difference. Shows that someone isn't real good at learning from mistakes. You do something once, you get reprimanded, then you do it again. And it's not something stupid and innocent. That's an alarming lack of maturity at that age.

Avery got sent away essentially for being a distraction. Look who this team has drafted recently. Character guys on top of character guys. Look at the way two coaches now have gotten on Miller for being "cocky" and we don't even know what thats about. I don't see them taking a guy with a questionable attitude like that. I'm not saying it is or isn't the best idea, but from what we know of this team, it just doesn't sound like something they'd do.

Bluenote13

Believe In Henke
Feb 28, 2002
BKLYN, NYC

This:
Twice in one year...yeah it kinda does make a difference. Shows that someone isn't real good at learning from mistakes. You do something once, you get reprimanded, then you do it again. And it's not something stupid and innocent. That's an alarming lack of maturity at that age.

Avery got sent away essentially for being a distraction. Look who this team has drafted recently. Character guys on top of character guys. Look at the way two coaches now have gotten on Miller for being "cocky" and we don't even know what thats about. I don't see them taking a guy with a questionable attitude like that. I'm not saying it is or isn't the best idea, but from what we know of this team, it just doesn't sound like something they'd do.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007

Speak for yourself. I thought he was an embarrassment and was glad to see him leave.

Bluenote13

Believe In Henke
Feb 28, 2002
BKLYN, NYC
To BlueBlooded:

Regarding Andrew Mangiapane, I think he looked very good this year. Produced or got himself noticed everytime I watched his games. Wish he wasn't so small, but if he was bigger we're talking a mid 1st rounder. Great knack for the net, uses his teammates well.

Blue Blooded

Most people rejected his message
Oct 25, 2010
Stockholm
To BlueBlooded:

Regarding Andrew Mangiapane, I think he looked very good this year. Produced or got himself noticed everytime I watched his games. Wish he wasn't so small, but if he was bigger we're talking a mid 1st rounder. Great knack for the net, uses his teammates well.

I think he could be a great sleeper as his limited role made his point totals look "meh", but if you look at it in the context of the role he played they were fantastic. He is smallish, but not insanely small. Eliteprospects.com has him at 5'10'' 161lb.

3rd round might be a reach as we may be able to get him later, but I think he could very well be a big potential steal.

NikC

Oct 7, 2008
I just saw Mactavish and the former GM of Columbus having coffee outside of a Starbucks...

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Speak for yourself. I thought he was an embarrassment and was glad to see him leave.

At least you are consistent. The rest were posters who on many occasions said positive things about Avery and showed their love for him as a player (a quick use of the search feature shows how evident it is).

Did Deangelo say despicable things? Sure. Im not chastising anyone for having a negative opinion of him because of it. It is more so those who try to be the PC police and loved Avery as a player, yet want to deride this kid for being a fraction as bad as Avery was.

To not pick a kid who has talent with a mid round pick because of a few disparaging comments he made is absolutely asinine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad