• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Haatley

haatley
Jun 9, 2011
Toronto
Draisaitl has been above PPG in every single playoffs he has been in.

This year is the first year MacKinnon ever got past the 2nd round. Just like Drai.

MacKinnon is the most overrated player in hockey tbh.

Drai had more points than MacKinnon playing with a high ankle sprain in the WCF this year.
Drai benefited from mcdavid so much this playoff. He was barely noticeable at times in the Calgary series but shows up with 4 points on the score sheet thanks to McDavid taking over.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Draisaitl (21-22 playoffs): 32 points, 22 points (69%) of which McDavid factored in on. How many points do you think MacK would have playing with McDavid in the playoffs?

Because MacKinnon hasn’t had the best defenseman in the league with him for 3 years now?

Drai benefited from mcdavid so much this playoff. He was barely noticeable at times in the Calgary series but shows up with 4 points on the score sheet thanks to McDavid taking over.

Criticizing a player for pacing for the best playoff season in the cap era with a high ankle season is just pure bias. Could care less if he played 100% of his games with McDavid.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
MacKinnon (21-22 playoffs): 24 points, 10 points (42%) of which Makar factored in on.
Draisaitl (21-22 playoffs): 32 points, 22 points (69%) of which McDavid factored in on.

Neat. Draisaitl has an Art Ross, Hart and Pearson.

MacKinnon has a cup where he didn’t lead a single round in scoring.

Makar. Tied with Kadri. Makar. Rantanen.

But Avs fans will say Rantanen is a top five winger and ignore MacKinnon’s ascent to elite corresponded with Rantanen’s.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Draisaitl.

Poll #4 could probably just be skipped, whomever out of him or MacKinnon doesn’t take this poll should have 100% of the votes for #4.

McDavid followed by Drai/Matthews/MacK in some order is easily the consensus top 4.

Yup. Then Sid/Barkov will probably be interesting for 5th and the 6th could also be skipped.

Reactions: wetcoast and snipes

Stamkos4life

Oct 25, 2018
Draisaitl has been above PPG in every single playoffs he has been in.

This year is the first year MacKinnon ever got past the 2nd round. Just like Drai.

MacKinnon is the most overrated player in hockey tbh.

Drai had more points than MacKinnon playing with a high ankle sprain in the WCF this year.

Mack is 3rd in ppg for both the regular season and playoffs over the last 3 years.

I've seen you post some bad takes but this might be your worst.

MacKinnon (21-22 playoffs): 24 points, 10 points (42%) of which Makar factored in on.
Draisaitl (21-22 playoffs): 32 points, 22 points (69%) of which McDavid factored in on.

Yeah that poster is just talking nonsense.

Mack is definitely better.

I mean, imagine him with mcdavid. It would be insane.

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
The Avs duo was better than the Oilers duo in that series. That’s my point. The Oilers duo was incredible in game 4, but didn’t carry play like MacKinnon and Makar did in the other three games.

That was a factor in the series and a key part of the Avalanche cup run.

Idk about the "duos" but the funny part is that, with McDavid on the ice, Edmonton scored more goals than with Makar on the ice.

Of course, these are only 2/12 players on the ice, so even such a stats isn't enough to capture McDavid's play vs Makar (maybe McDavid linesmates were better than Makar's).

But, kinda weird to argue Mack, Makar > McDavid, Draisaitl based on a sample of 4 games anyway when both duos played their roles. Clearly in this case, depth (both forward and D) is what put the Avs over the top against Edmonton.

I voted Drai for the numbers-based arguments mentioned in this thread that are in his favour. Drai has just been the superior player in recent years. A Cup is not enough to tip the scale in Mack's favour. As awesome as Mack is in the playoffs - Drai had a superior run as an individual player last year.

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
Idk about the "duos" but the funny part is that, with McDavid on the ice, Edmonton scored more goals than with Makar on the ice.

Of course, these are only 2/12 players on the ice, so even such a stats isn't enough to capture McDavid's play vs Makar (maybe McDavid linesmates were better than Makar's).

But, kinda weird to argue Mack, Makar > McDavid, Draisaitl based on a sample of 4 games anyway when both duos played their roles. Clearly in this case, depth (both forward and D) is what put the Avs over the top against Edmonton.

I voted Drai for the numbers-based arguments mentioned in this thread that are in his favour. Drai has just been the superior player in recent years. A Cup is not enough to tip the scale in Mack's favour. As awesome as Mack is in the playoffs - Drai had a superior run as an individual player last year.

I think even if you asked Oilers fans they’d admit that McDavid and Draisaitl underwhelmed in that series, outside of the final game. Particularly Draisaitl.

Draisaitl was fantastic in the first two rounds, but was mostly invisible against Colorado, sans game 4. MacKinnon played a complete two-way game was the second best player on a cup winning team. That means more to me than the excellent performance from Draisaitl in the first two rounds.

Last edited:

Breakfast of Champs

Apr 15, 2007
That’s the kinda take that gets Toews rated above Evgeni Malkin.

How many times was Toews a hart finalists? Just because he didn't win one every acts like MacK has the same track record in the regular season as everyone else - he was a finalist 3 in 4 years and a runner up twice. Toews never had a reg season like any of those

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
I think even if you asked Oilers fans they’d admit that McDavid and Draisaitl underwhelmed in that series, outside of the final game. Particularly Draisaitl.

Draisaitl was fantastic in the first two rounds, but was mostly invisible against Colorado, sans game 4. MacKinnon played a complete two-way game was the second best player on a cup winning team. That means more to me than the excellent performance from Draisaitl in the first two rounds.

Draisaitl was injured so it's folly to base the playoffs as context here.

He has a legit claim to be the 2nd best center as does AM and Mack but this argument doesn't really hold water.

Reactions: Duke74

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
Mack is 3rd in ppg for both the regular season and playoffs over the last 3 years.

I've seen you post some bad takes but this might be your worst.

Yeah that poster is just talking nonsense.

Mack is definitely better.

I mean, imagine him with mcdavid. It would be insane.

He’s also 5th over the last two and was 7th last season.

He’s exiting his prime.

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
Draisaitl was injured so it's folly to base the playoffs as context here.

He has a legit claim to be the 2nd best center as does AM and Mack but this argument doesn't really hold water.

I mean, Draisaitl was injured in the Calgary series too and he’s never played better than he did in that series. Not really sure that’s a valid argument.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
I mean, Draisaitl was injured in the Calgary series too and he’s never played better than he did in that series. Not really sure that’s a valid argument.

Are you really going to focus on how any player performs injured, why not look at how Drai excelled when McDavid was out on his way to a well deserved Hart win?

Some people talk like Drai is a passenger or something he is a legit top 3 forward in the NHL right now and has been for a while.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
Are you really going to focus on how any player performs injured, why not look at how Drai excelled when McDavid was out on his way to a well deserved Hart win?

Some people talk like Drai is a passenger or something he is a legit top 3 forward in the NHL right now and has been for a while.

Yeah, I’m someone who talks a lot of shit about McDavid and the Oilers, but Drai is way closer to being the 2nd best forward in the league than 4th.

The only reason I took Matthews is the Richard back to back with being nearly a 100 pt player.

Reactions: abo9 and wetcoast

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019

I just think it’s weird to talk about that injury, when it clearly wasn’t a factor in the previous series.

People who think he’s a passenger, or not a top-10 player in the league would be wrong.

I really don’t have an issue with anyone taking Draisaitl, or MacKinnon tbh. I just don’t agree with some of the arguments and reasoning here. MacK and Drai are pretty much even as players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad