Anze Kopitar
Roope Hintz

amnesiac

Space Oddity
Jul 10, 2010
Montreal
MacK

add Miller if were saying hes a C

to add: Eichel, Hughes. Tavares, Larkin, Kuzy, Pavelski (C?)

Last edited:
Reactions: LT

leafsfan5

Jun 14, 2014
Draisaitl > Mackinnon

Drai has an MVP, Art Ross, Lindsay, multiple 2nd place rocket finishes. Draisaitl scores more goals, scores more points, and just had the more impressive playoff run between the two.

If you want to argue that Drai plays with McDavid you also need to acknowledge Mackinnon has the likes of Rantanen/Landeskog/Makar/Toews who can help him out

Last 4 seasons:
Drai : 289 games - 179 goals - 230 assists - 409 points (51 goal, 116 point pace)
Mack: 264 games - 128 goals - 217 assists - 345 points (40 goal, 107 point pace)

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
McDavid
Matthews
MacKinnon
Drai

Those are your top 4 Cs in that order. Number 5 is a tier below them.

Matthews is the best 200 foot player of them. Drai the worst in terms of being a 200 foot player. I don’t like using the word worst with any of these four future HOF first ballot players. They are are elite and elite in any NHL era.

Last edited:

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Draisaitl vs MacKinnon

:popcorn:

Also, add Robert Thomas.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Draisaitl > Mackinnon

Drai has an MVP, Art Ross, Lindsay, multiple 2nd place rocket finishes. Draisaitl scores more goals, scores more points, and just had the more impressive playoff run between the two.

If you want to argue that Drai plays with McDavid you also need to acknowledge Mackinnon has the likes of Rantanen/Landeskog/Makar/Toews who can help him out

Last 4 seasons:
Drai : 289 games - 179 goals - 230 assists - 409 points (51 goal, 116 point pace)
Mack: 264 games - 128 goals - 217 assists - 345 points (40 goal, 107 point pace)
Is a 9 pt difference really that much when Mackinnon has torched the playoffs and been insane for the most part?

Very similar level of play and it's a fiar point to have either at 3 imo

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Drai

Is a 9 pt difference really that much when Mackinnon has torched the playoffs and been insane for the most part?

Very similar level of play and it's a fiar point to have either at 3 imo

Drai has a higher PPG than MacKinnon in the playoffs.

59 points in 37 games. 1.59 ppg

vs.

93 points in 70 games. 1.33 ppg

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Tha
Drai

Drai has a higher PPG than MacKinnon in the playoffs.

59 points in 37 games. 1.59 ppg

vs.

93 points in 70 games. 1.33 ppg

That's propped up by a great 2ppg playoff run this year with 32 in 16

Draisaitl hasn't gone as deep as Mackinnon and played easier playoff teams

Mackinnon also was the Avs 1C in their cup win and helped sweep Drai/McDavid in the WCF

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
Tha

That's propped up by a great 2ppg playoff run this year with 32 in 16

Draisaitl hasn't gone as deep as Mackinnon and played easier playoff teams

Mackinnon also was the Avs 1C in their cup win and helped sweep Drai/McDavid in the WCF

Draisaitl has been above PPG in every single playoffs he has been in.

This year is the first year MacKinnon ever got past the 2nd round. Just like Drai.

MacKinnon is the most overrated player in hockey tbh.

Drai had more points than MacKinnon playing with a high ankle sprain in the WCF this year.

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
Draisaitl has been above PPG in every single playoffs he has been in.

This year is the first year MacKinnon ever got past the 2nd round. Just like Drai.

MacKinnon is the most overrated player in hockey tbh.

Drai had more points than MacKinnon playing with a high ankle sprain in the WCF this year.

That’s fine, but nobody who actually watched that series thought Draisaitl was as good as MacKinnon.

I find this Draisaitl having a better playoff than MacKinnon and McDavid having a better playoff than Makar narrative pretty hilarious. The Avs duo literally beat them head-to-head on their way to winning a Stanley Cup. I like how actually hoisting the damn cup doesn’t mean anything anymore lol.

Reactions: AvStock

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
That’s fine, but nobody who actually watched that series thought Draisaitl was as good as MacKinnon.

I find this Draisaitl having a better playoff than MacKinnon and McDavid having a better playoff than Makar narrative pretty hilarious. The Avs duo literally beat them head-to-head on their way to winning a Stanley Cup. I like how actually hoisting the damn cup doesn’t mean anything anymore lol.

I haven’t said either of these things, the fact is that Drai has done everything production wise MacKinnon has done in the playoffs and regular season better which is why he has actual individual trophies in his case. Just like Matthews.

LT

XXXX - XXXX - ____ - ____
Jul 23, 2010

I think this is a bit disingenuous considering the obvious disparity between the two teams. Being on the losing team doesn't mean a player can't have the best performance in a series or playoffs.

Reactions: abo9

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
I think this is a bit disingenuous considering the obvious disparity between the two teams. Being on the losing team doesn't mean a player can't have the best performance in a series or playoffs.

The Avs duo was better than the Oilers duo in that series. That’s my point. The Oilers duo was incredible in game 4, but didn’t carry play like MacKinnon and Makar did in the other three games.

That was a factor in the series and a key part of the Avalanche cup run.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Draisaitl.

Poll #4 could probably just be skipped, whomever out of him or MacKinnon doesn’t take this poll should have 100% of the votes for #4.

McDavid followed by Drai/Matthews/MacK in some order is easily the consensus top 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad