HF Boards Fantasy Hockey (1/19: TSN Challenge Added) (Discussion Thread)

Hobgoblin Steve

Bacon of Light
Feb 5, 2009
Bay Ridge
just a heads up to all (including those participating this year in my league)
people in the league
My league has been run for about 4 years (maybe 5, not sure) - its a keeper league and I try to run it as serious as a fantasy league can get. Most players are from hfb. That said, if you have not responded to my email about keepers and the draft and you do not show up for the draft, your team will be given to someone else more active/who wants to play.
people who would like to be in a keeper league
If you would like to be in a keeper league (ESPN) please pm me. After the draft, I will assess how many teams will need replacing and let new players choose a roster they prefer. This is not a one year league, this league will be going on for a long time, so please, if you would like to join - be a regular player.

This is all (draft is sunday)

Kane One

Feb 6, 2010
Brooklyn, New NY
Someone from last year's league 1 requested to renew the league. I'm not going to be playing in any of your leagues since I joined a keeper league, so I won't be making the league.

iamitter

Thornton's Hen
May 19, 2011
NYC
****, I'll be at work Monday during the draft.

Could you auto pick your lineup by doing that stuff ahead of time?

I could move it a little bit, but only if you could make it around then. Everyone expects the draft then, so I can't move it much this close to it.

Krams

Feb 13, 2012
Could you auto pick your lineup by doing that stuff ahead of time?

I could move it a little bit, but only if you could make it around then. Everyone expects the draft then, so I can't move it much this close to it.

Likely not. I'll be working from 5-11 or so. My only days off are Sunday and Wednesday. I know that conflicts with most people's schedules.

iamitter

Thornton's Hen
May 19, 2011
NYC
Likely not. I'll be working from 5-11 or so. My only days off are Sunday and Wednesday. I know that conflicts with most people's schedules.

I'm sorry then. Are you going to set a list for drafting or give up your spot?

Also, someone dropped, so there's 1 spot open now, 2 if Swiss can't play.

Last edited:

Krams

Feb 13, 2012
I've never set up a pre-draft list, how does it know if I've got too many LWers or am in need of a defenseman? It's easy to compile a list of players beforehand, but it also depends on the context of the draft, right?

Krams

Feb 13, 2012
Shiz I just realized the draft is at 8 PM on Monday. I'm going out to dinner for my birthday at 7:30. ****.

tumblr_mdgmeqyT4v1rwewgx.png

Kershaw

Has there been a draft order developed for tomorrow's draft at 8?

Hobgoblin Steve

Bacon of Light
Feb 5, 2009
Bay Ridge
just a heads up to all (including those participating this year in my league)
people in the league
My league has been run for about 4 years (maybe 5, not sure) - its a keeper league and I try to run it as serious as a fantasy league can get. Most players are from hfb. That said, if you have not responded to my email about keepers and the draft and you do not show up for the draft, your team will be given to someone else more active/who wants to play.
people who would like to be in a keeper league
If you would like to be in a keeper league (ESPN) please pm me. After the draft, I will assess how many teams will need replacing and let new players choose a roster they prefer. This is not a one year league, this league will be going on for a long time, so please, if you would like to join - be a regular player.

This is all (draft is sunday)

Quoting myself because we have two open rosters that need replacing. We had a few more people drop (I guess due to lack of nhl interest honestly), but the keeper selection of both of these rosters are very good.

What I expect from anyone who is considering joining :
this is a multi-year league. I expect keepers to be set before the draft date, and I expect you at the draft. I work hard every year sending out many, many, many emails reminding owners on things, and taking suggestions to keep this league running smooth.

If you would like to be a part of this league PM me. first two people who are serious about it will get a roster. First person will get to choose which roster he/she wants.

Samuel Culper III

Mr. Woodhull...
Jan 15, 2007
Texas
Quoting myself because we have two open rosters that need replacing. We had a few more people drop (I guess due to lack of nhl interest honestly), but the keeper selection of both of these rosters are very good.

What I expect from anyone who is considering joining :
this is a multi-year league. I expect keepers to be set before the draft date, and I expect you at the draft. I work hard every year sending out many, many, many emails reminding owners on things, and taking suggestions to keep this league running smooth.

If you would like to be a part of this league PM me. first two people who are serious about it will get a roster. First person will get to choose which roster he/she wants.

Was only half at the draft because of bad timing with family dinner, but I'm super happy with my roster. I set a good assortment of players on my want list and set it to auto-pick and came back and checked, made changes, added some off the board picks, etc. every so often, and none of the players I ended up with had not been on my lists and I'm really happy with a couple of the players I got. Took a couple of gambles (Justin Schultz and Tarasenko) but I'm thinking my roster looks solid and I'm really excited.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad