HF Boards Fantasy Hockey (1/19: TSN Challenge Added) (Discussion Thread)

Samuel Culper III

Mr. Woodhull...
Jan 15, 2007
Texas
Strategy? I don't know about you guys, but since the stakes are only bragging rights, I'm going to take a rather different approach with my team. Sure, I'll pick some 'locks' in the early rounds to form the backbone of my squad, but after we get through the superstars I'm going to go with guys I expect breakout years from or who I feel would be sleepers in most drafts. I mean, I'm still going to be drafting the best player on the board, but what I think is the best players on the board and the status quo likely won't go hand in hand. I think it's more fun to gamble on a lot of boom/bust players and see how well your hunches pay off.

Samuel Culper III

Mr. Woodhull...
Jan 15, 2007
Texas
Someone start a second, I'd play in two, though I'd hold off in joining the second until everyone who didn't make it in the first had a spot.

Kakko

Formerly Chytil
Mar 23, 2011
Long Island
Not a big fan of picking big name goalies, but we have a of goalie stats, so I might have to change that...

Clowes Line

Cally's Chicken Parm
Aug 11, 2010
New Yawk
www.outsidethegarden.com
My team from other league, my draft was conducted at 7 PM

John Tavares
Jonathan Toews
Patrick Kane
Marian Hossa
Jamie Benn
Marian Gaborik
Ilya Kovalchuk
Milan Michalek
Chris Kunitz
Alex Pietrangelo
Ryan McDonagh
Brent Burns
Cam Ward
Miikka Kipprusoff

Kakko

Formerly Chytil
Mar 23, 2011
Long Island
Better hope the Hawks do well :laugh:

Did you really get Kovy that late? He should be going in the first 2/3 rounds

never mind, im guessing that's not the draft order

kreiderfan20

Sep 1, 2007
Long Island NY
Strategy? I don't know about you guys, but since the stakes are only bragging rights, I'm going to take a rather different approach with my team. Sure, I'll pick some 'locks' in the early rounds to form the backbone of my squad, but after we get through the superstars I'm going to go with guys I expect breakout years from or who I feel would be sleepers in most drafts. I mean, I'm still going to be drafting the best player on the board, but what I think is the best players on the board and the status quo likely won't go hand in hand. I think it's more fun to gamble on a lot of boom/bust players and see how well your hunches pay off.

Completely agree. Everyone will get a few superstars but often times it is the "sleeper" picks that make the biggest difference

KreiMeARiver*

is everybody in? Is everybody in?

the ceremony is about to begin...

iamitter

Thornton's Hen
May 19, 2011
NYC
Still 5 spots left. And if everyone who signed up for the second one can PM me with your name in the league that'd be great.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad