HF Boards Fantasy Hockey (1/19: TSN Challenge Added) (Discussion Thread)

Nanaki

Mar 29, 2008
Danbury, CT
In that case, I'm in.

Edit: Oh well. it's full. No big deal, ended up making a league with some friends.

I had to lock it because we can't hold a draft with unequal teams. If two more people would like to join then I'll expand the amount of teams.

Nanaki

Mar 29, 2008
Danbury, CT
lmao. It happened because Occidentalist said he would join with epicding. However, he had already joined when he said that so epicding made it 9. All we need is one more person and everything will work out.

EpicDing

which is why I included the question mark earlier
Oct 2, 2011
Hartford
Worse comes to worse, you can kick me if you guys can't find a 10th person, no big deal.

vipernsx

Flatus Expeller
Sep 4, 2005
Same here. I created a Roto league for some friends. If anyone wants to join, the info is here.

10 teams:

League ID#: 64922
Password: bacon
League Name: The Hunger Games

Draft Type: Live Standard Draft
Draft Time: Sat Jan 19 9:00am PST [ Add to My Calendar ]

Scoring Type: Rotisserie
Roster Positions: C, C, LW, LW, RW, RW, F, D, D, D, D, Util, G, G, BN, BN, BN, BN, IR
Forwards/Defensemen Stat Categories: Goals (G), Assists (A), Plus/Minus (+/-), Powerplay Points (PPP), Shots on Goal (SOG), Hits (HIT), Blocks (BLK)
Goaltenders Stat Categories: Wins (W), Goals Against Average (GAA), Save Percentage (SV%), Shutouts (SHO)

Only 3 open spots if anyone is interested. Draft is Saturday AM.

Nanaki

Mar 29, 2008
Danbury, CT
C John Tavares
C Joe Thornton
LW Ilya Kovalchuk
LW Milan Lucic
RW Marian Hossa
RW Alexander Semin
D Zdeno Chara
D Oliver Ekman-Larsson
D Mike Green
D Jason Garrison
Bn Brad Marchand
Bn Patrice Bergeron
Bn Radim Vrbata
Bn John Carlson
G Carey Price
G Mikka Kiprusoff

EpicDing

which is why I included the question mark earlier
Oct 2, 2011
Hartford
C Steven Stamkos
C Eric Staal
LW Patrick Marleau
LW Mike Richatds
RW Blake Wheeler
RW Jakub Voracek
D Erik Karlsson
D Kris Letang
D Dan Boyle
D Mark Streit
Bn Paul Stastny
Bn Cam Fowler
Bn Tyler Ennis
Bn Jhonas Hiller
G Antti Niemi
G Ilya Bryzgalov

33507294.jpg

Occidentalist

Beernerd
Dec 19, 2011
NJ
Interesting draft. Tried a new strategy this year which was influenced by having the 8th pick and not being able to draft one of the top forwards. Decided to grab 2 goalies with 2 of my first 4 picks in hopes that I'll win all goalie categories in every weekly matchup. I also feel I got good value with some of my picks. Overall I'm happy. Should be an interesting year.

8 - Jonathan Quick - G
13 - James Neal - LW/RW
28 - Patrick Sharp - C/RW
43 - Cam Ward - G (I think he will lead the league in wins this year, starting virtually every game with a vastly improved Carolina team).
58 - Nicklas Backstrom - C
63 - Martin St. Louis - RW (felt this was a good value pick at 6th round)
78 - Jamie Benn - C/LW - (I expect him to get a contract before the first game. He's also one of my sleepers. I think he's going to be a top 15 forward by the end of the year. )
83 - Jason Pominville - RW
98 - Tobias Enstrom - D
103 - Brian Campbell - D
113 - Jordan Staal - C/LW (kind of surprised he fell this far. Think he will have a great year playing with his brother).
123 - PA PArenteau - RW
138 - Niklas Kronwall - D (very happy with this pick)
143 - David Clarkson - RW
158 - James Wisniweski - D
163 - Ryan Clowe - LW/RW

I did my best to get guys who have multiple position eligibility and feel I achieved that. Got a few guys who can rumble and put the puck in the net (Parenteau, Clarkson, Clowe) so I can fill them in when I need some PIM for the week.

Over the course of a full season this team might not have the mettle to be a top 5 but in this shortened season I think it's well balanced.

bmitchelf

Dec 14, 2006
NYC
Hey guys.

I have a Yahoo league for Rangers fans that needs two more people by tonight's draft. On Yahoo league ID 54580, password torts. Pretty standard, with an extra F spot and 2 IR.

nashty61

Jan 15, 2013
I would strongly advise against trading Hank for Kane (a perennial underachiever) and Schneider (an solid, albeit unproven guy who will split time with Luongo).

You could get more for Hank, if you decide to trade him. At least make sure you are getting a full-time goalie back in return. I realize backups will play a bigger role in a shortened season, but you get the gist.

Maybe go for like Eberle, and one of his starting goalies.

Honestly, I like your team a lot as it is. You're going to need Hank, considering you've already got Elliot, who splits time with Halak.
Yea, I agree with Kane being an underachiever. I also read that Lundqvist went 31 for 31 in a shootout drill at practice today or yesterday until Nash finally beat him with a backhand. That reminded me that this guy is the king for a reason and I want him on my team, so I declined the trade.

Samuel Culper III

Mr. Woodhull...
Jan 15, 2007
Texas
I drafted Cam Ward because I also think he's going to have a monster year. I didn't draft him until like the 8th round though, which allowed me to stock up in other areas. I'm counting on a couple of young guys to have big seasons (OEL takes a step and my defense is dreamy). I think Tarasenko is going to win the Calder so... if I'm right on that front, my team is the real deal. Tarasenko struggles and Selanne better produce lol

Nanaki

Mar 29, 2008
Danbury, CT
C Steven Stamkos
C Eric Staal
LW Patrick Marleau
LW Mike Richatds
RW Blake Wheeler
RW Jakub Voracek
D Erik Karlsson
D Kris Letang
D Dan Boyle