Post-Game Talk (GBU): Hey Sabres... You Suck #5

truthbluth

Feb 2, 2011
I thought Reinhart and RoR both played well. And both suffered from a bit of puck luck. If they play that game every night, production will come. I don't have a read on Josefsson yet, but the other 2 on that line do not belong in the NHL.

1 notable thing nearly every night is our entire D core has terrible stick skills. It seems like every pass takes an extra action to corral if any D is involved. Could it possibly be that they all just lack that skill?

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
Oh yeah. One more thing. Watch the replay of the game. McCabe gave the puck to the Kings straight up SOOOO MANNNY TIMMESSS. What the hell is he doing this year?

The idea that he was ever good was a myth promoted here. He’s not regressing — he was never that great.

SackTastic

Mar 25, 2011
23 : 5G, 0P, -8
21 : 4G, 0P, -6
90 : 5G, 1P, -4

Until these numbers come out of the basement, this team will not win games. 15 / 9 can only do so much.

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
23 : 5G, 0P, -8
21 : 4G, 0P, -6
90 : 5G, 1P, -4

Until these numbers come out of the basement, this team will not win games. 15 / 9 can only do so much.

Sabres fans don’t seem to realize that the team has defensemen too, and that they actually have impact on the outcome of the games.

SackTastic

Mar 25, 2011
Sabres fans don’t seem to realize that the team has defensemen too, and that they actually have impact on the outcome of the games.

Uh, ok. I'm well aware of that. I made a quick post, not analyzing everything that's wrong with this team.

Lighten up, Francis.

Rasmus CacOlainen

The end of the Tank
Sep 24, 2015
Europe
I wish every GBU stopped becoming a Reinhart thread.

@Aladyyn. Please stop. You make it worse.

@ everyone taking shots at 23. Did you watch the game? He wasn't great but he played well. And about scoring: guess what? NO ONE ELSE IS SCORING EITHER. It's not just Reinhart. 4 players on the entire roster are scoring.

We should be talking about the team as a whole. But agendas gunna agenda.......
We are not the ones making it about Reinhart. Speak to the fanboy. Theres plenty of others to rage at but the fanboy keeps making it about Reinhart.

Ralonzo

Я хочу!
Nov 6, 2006
Virginia
If someone tells me this is how a "settled" Lehner plays, I'm going to have to be tranquilized when I watch these games. He ****ing drives me crazy with his positioning and rebound control.

The most unbelievable thing about Lehner for me has always been, his dad is LITERALLY a goalie coach. Then I watch Lehner and see a goalie with such garbage fundamentals who has no idea what to do in so many situations, that I wonder if it's on purpose. Maybe he just doesn't want to hug the post, or square up to bad angle shots, or stay in a butterfly on scrambles instead of sitting on his ass.

Daddy issues?

Reactions: oldgoalie

pigpen65

Jul 25, 2011
The most unbelievable thing about Lehner for me has always been, his dad is LITERALLY a goalie coach. Then I watch Lehner and see a goalie with such garbage fundamentals who has no idea what to do in so many situations, that I wonder if it's on purpose. Maybe he just doesn't want to hug the post, or square up to bad angle shots, or stay in a butterfly on scrambles instead of sitting on his ass.

Daddy issues?
I've always wondered why his NHL goalie coaches haven't been able to fix his problems. This actually offers a huge possible answer. Maybe he still had his dad in his ear undoing what the professionals are telling him.

Lumpjaw

Feb 7, 2013
Sweden

Daddy issues?
Well, his dad did not go easy on Robin during his youth. A couple neighbours reported his dad to BRIS, a organization for childrens rights founded after a girl had been beaten to death by his step dad in the 1970's. Not saying this the case Lehner have some troubles in net from time to time. But I can imagine it was not the easiest childhood and that his dads words are still with him.

Here´s an article on it, in Swedish: https://www.aftonbladet.se/sportbladet/article12723103.ab

Reactions: Ralonzo

Rasmus CacOlainen

The end of the Tank
Sep 24, 2015
Europe
No. You and others take shots at him every moment you can.
Nope, just responding to the silly comments from a group that has to defend him for their lives it seems. It doesn't bring me any satisfaction that Sam is not playing well. But when you see comments like Sam>Jack, why is Sam not on top line, why is Sam not getting more minutes, Sam is our only net positive forward, etc, etc....don't be shocked when the people that watch him play and struggle jump on these stupid statements. Fact is he's been useless this season so even if I wanted to bash him for the sake of it, I kind of have the right to as he's nothing to disprove or discourage it.

Reactions: ek93 and stokes84

Rasmus CacOlainen

The end of the Tank
Sep 24, 2015
Europe
Lehner and the entire defense should have as much blame as Reinhart, ROR and Okposo yet how come its only Reinhart who has become your's and other's target.
Are you blind? Honest question. Cause you know ever other GBU post lists Okposo and ROR in the ugly part. I repeat, the only reason we are debating Sam so much is because of people like you and Aladyn that try to twists the reality and make it sound like Sam is the second coming of pointless Jesus.

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
Nope, just responding to the silly comments from a group that has to defend him for their lives it seems. It doesn't bring me any satisfaction that Sam is not playing well. But when you see comments like Sam>Jack, why is Sam not on top line, why is Sam not getting more minutes, Sam is our only net positive forward, etc, etc....don't be shocked when the people that watch him play and struggle jump on these stupid statements. Fact is he's been useless this season so even if I wanted to bash him for the sake of it, I kind of have the right to as he's nothing to disprove or discourage it.
Sam has played well. It has not resulted in goals but he has played well.

Reactions: truthbluth

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
I can think of 8 players doing worse than Reinhart which are actually eating at our cap and not playing to their dollars worth.

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
Are you blind? Honest question. Cause you know ever other GBU post lists Okposo and ROR in the ugly part. I repeat, the only reason we are debating Sam so much is because of people like you and Aladyn that try to twists the reality and make it sound like Sam is the second coming of pointless Jesus.
Nowhere have I praised Reinhart this season. Nowhere have I praised any player or coach this season. I just think its annoying you only focus on one player ALL the time.

Rasmus CacOlainen

The end of the Tank
Sep 24, 2015
Europe
I can think of 8 players doing worse than Reinhart which are actually eating at our cap and not playing to their dollars worth.
And according to the fanboys Sam is joining that club next year since apaprently he's getting "at least 5 mil". Based on his showing so far I would so Josh Anderson him if I were Botts. We bash everyone that deserves, Sam gets attention as no one defends the rest and there is no discussion on them - just stating what is happening - they suck right now. Just like Sam. And yes, I can also probably name 8 players playing worse than Sam right now on the roster, it's not that challenging. But my measuring stick for Sam is not Jordan Nolan.

Nowhere have I praised Reinhart this season. Nowhere have I praised any player or coach this season. I just think its annoying you only focus on one player ALL the time.
The greater "you" that seem to mind us discussing why our 2OV pick from 4 years ago is pointless after 5 games without Jack Eichel to give him tap ins.

Reactions: Puppa2Miller

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
The greater "you" that seem to mind us discussing why our 2OV pick from 4 years ago is pointless after 5 games without Jack Eichel to give him tap ins.
Your idea of discussion is a joke if you think you actually discuss Reinhart rather than bash him with your agendas.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad