Nov 6, 2006
Virginia
seriously, this board is the worst of my ex girlfriends rolled into one
giphy.gif

EichHart

Jul 3, 2011
Hamburg, NY
I am starting to wonder if it's time to point fingers at Tim Murray

- Myers looks good in Winnipeg, Roslovic looking like a future top 6 player...meanwhile in Buffalo...
- Losing Pysyk for...nothing

That's two competent RHD + 2015 1st (a high chance at an A level prospect) that we lost for essentially nothing (Kane might return a 2nd at the deadline, to be fair)

- Lehner trade

We were blessed to have 3 picks in the first round of the 2015 draft, and Murray got rid of the latter two. The jury is out on Lehner but there's no way he was worth a first. So many good players on board - White, Konecny, Roslovic, Boeser

- Alex Nylander...looking like the wrong pick
- Hudson Fasching and Deslauriers for McNabb x 2 2nds...McNabb is at least an NHL level defenceman, and those 2nds...for a guy I hope turns out to be a 4th liner and a guy who I hope never sets foot on our 4th line again

ROR + Okposo both looking very bad. Those contracts will sink the team in the future if their bad play is anything more than a slump. $13.5M for guys with 1 point between them in 9 combined games.

Not to mention Compher and Zadarov getting their act together in Colorado. Everything here is correct, he did so much irreversible damage to this team. Most people on these forums from other franchises saw it too. They said we rushed the rebuild, we did and this is what we get.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
how about management doesn't panic and make stupid trades 5 games into the season that jeopardize long-term stability?

It's a pretty big deal to be starting 0-5 to the season. Usually the teams that can recover from these kinds of starts are the very good teams that just start slow. News flash: that's not us.

Kyndig

Jan 3, 2012
Eichel is tied for 2nd in the league for even strength/SH points (7) with 1 fewer game than everyone ahead of him. Only P.Kane (8) and Kuznetsov (8) have more. Silver lining! lol

Icicle

Think big
Oct 16, 2005
Eichels games with Kane were a problem.

Eichels games away from Kane (1.5) have not been

threeVo

Jan 5, 2010
Tampa
Did Reinhart spend more time on the ice (literally) they he did standing up? He must have been knocked off his feet over 15 times. Kid needs to be in the AHL this year.

wunderpanda

Apr 9, 2012
G- Jack got his pointz

B- Housley has a difficult task this season

U- Botts has to start another rebuild cause Murray set the franchise back 6 years

Reactions: truthbluth

Cirris

Nov 10, 2006
Crackport
This is strange to me because goalies definitely know if a shot gets nicked on the way in. They will tell you. A lot.

He makes it sound inferential and subject to change, like the news about Las Vegas

Actually i watched the highlights again, yes, that does seem masochistic, but anyways, Pouliot didn't come close to being in the lane. Doughty's shot was just a complete end over end knuckler that was dipping like Lehner said.

Cirris

Nov 10, 2006
Crackport
Did Reinhart spend more time on the ice (literally) they he did standing up? He must have been knocked off his feet over 15 times. Kid needs to be in the AHL this year.

A quick thought on this.

Reinhart does seem like he's skating "Faster" this season so far. I'm not the only one who's been saying this.

The down side to maybe Reinhart picking up his pace, is that he's less under control and easy to knock off his pins. And a big body team like the Kings. It'll be easy to have that happen to you.

Reactions: Der Jaeger

Rasmus CacOlainen

The end of the Tank
Sep 24, 2015
Europe
G: Jack and his line

B: Lehner - yet again just as I was going to put him in the G, he let's in the third and automatically gets relegated to the B. Same shit as game vs Montreal.

U: People telling me Jack is the problem for this team. [mod: tone it down] No one else is producing. We got Kane, Girgs, Jack and Pommer. Everyone else has been brutal recently. Where are Sam and ROR? The other supposed stars of the team. I would have probably said the same about Okposo but he is not even on the ice...
Depth scoring...what depth scoring? Moulson - brutal - please get some skin reaction to equipment or something, Pouliot - send him to the ECHL, hes not even AHL worthy, Larry - meh, he's fine defensively but there is 0 explosiveness there, Nolan - don't care, never expected Des's replacement to be of any use, Griffith - 0 impact last 2 games, 0.
That f***ing monstrosity at the back. Can't even decide who in that group of 6 is the worst. They all suck so bad right now. I'm fuming, after so many years of rebuild we get this? What the actual f***?
Our PP
Our PK
The amount of heart this team has beyond Jack, Girgs and Evander. Soulless, afraid and pale. This team stinks.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rasmus CacOlainen

The end of the Tank
Sep 24, 2015
Europe
And I didn't even include Griffith being AHL filler for failing to convert on that gift Jack put on his stick. That's why Griffith is a 25 year old tweener and hold a place -- God knows for who -- at the NHL level.

That tap in miss was brutal. Same with Pouliot where he couldnt keep the puck on his stick and pull something off on a freaking 3on1. Brutal.

Reactions: Kyndig

Rasmus CacOlainen

The end of the Tank
Sep 24, 2015
Europe
how about management doesn't panic and make stupid trades 5 games into the season that jeopardize long-term stability?

Please point to said stability cause I have no clue what you are referring to. The stability of picking top 10 in every draft? Is that what you mean?

DapperCam

Jul 9, 2006
I only watched the highlights...but, is the defense being specifically instructed to not clear out the front of the net? Seems like lack of physicality in front of the net by the D led to a lot of goals against so far this year. Risto used to love smokin' fools who got too close to the goalie, what gives?

valet

obviously adhd
Sponsor
Jan 26, 2017
buffalo
Please point to said stability cause I have no clue what you are referring to. The stability of picking top 10 in every draft? Is that what you mean?
a comment totally unrelated to my point... but I appreciate the attention

I feel like a pig in mud right now

OscarsCards

Spooky action at a distance
Mar 13, 2013
Cesis
Good - Girgensons goal.

Bad - Sabres (and what did you expected?).

Ugly - Girgensons mixed up with O'Reilly and Moulson at the end, what the? 3 power play goals against.

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
Like the Habs and Sharks games, I thought this was another one where despite bad spells, they still could've capitalized enough to get a result and instead are left lamenting chances. 2 GF are not going to get it done with how this team's trending early in giveaways, blown assignments, and/or penalties. There's little margin for error without the forward depth, defense, and PP complementing Eichel's offense.

Tonight it was costly penalties, though that Eichel call seemed wrong, thanks to a shaky PK. There were the usual rued chances too: ROR crossbar, Pouliot's muffed rush, Eichel's PP one-timer that Quick's glove knicked over the bar, Eichel-to-Griffith but stick save, Scandella's late post, etc.

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
Good
Eichel
First period
A couple of hits from Risto/Nolan
No hail Mary stretch passes.

Bad
Lehner, I was just waiting for him to get exposed. He's a fringe starter, to bad we paid a premium for him but it's not his fault. Maybe another goalie coach could help? He's spending to much time down low on the ice and doesn't seem to be able to keep his back up while making lateral movements.

Our wingers are really, really bad. If we don't plan to play Reinhart as a C - why isn't he with Eichel?

Pouliot is actually worse than Moulson - but cheap.

Griffith looking like an ahl tweener and still being among the best wingers.

Ugly

Housley, his player usage just baffles me. He does not put our players in a position to succeed and that is not good when we need to elevate player values to help with trades.
- we're basically showcasing the worst side of our players.

Rasmus CacOlainen

The end of the Tank
Sep 24, 2015
Europe
Good
Eichel
First period
A couple of hits from Risto/Nolan
No hail Mary stretch passes.

Bad
Lehner, I was just waiting for him to get exposed. He's a fringe starter, to bad we paid a premium for him but it's not his fault. Maybe another goalie coach could help? He's spending to much time down low on the ice and doesn't seem to be able to keep his back up while making lateral movements.

Our wingers are really, really bad. If we don't plan to play Reinhart as a C - why isn't he with Eichel?

Pouliot is actually worse than Moulson - but cheap.

Griffith looking like an ahl tweener and still being among the best wingers.

Ugly

Housley, his player usage just baffles me. He does not put our players in a position to succeed and that is not good when we need to elevate player values to help with trades.
- we're basically showcasing the worst side of our players.
Jack doesn't need Sam. Why is our 2014 2nd OV pick not producing either at center or wing if Jack isnt next to him?

Reactions: Puppa2Miller

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
Jack doesn't need Sam. Why is our 2014 2nd OV pick not producing either at center or wing if Jack isnt next to him?
Maybe Sam needs Jack? No one produces that isn't on Jacks line...

Where he was picked at the draft three years ago doesn't really matter now. Not like any of the top three from that draft looks like great players.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad