Post-Game Talk (GBU): Hey Sabres... You Suck #5

Puppa2Miller

Oct 4, 2007
saying Sam Reinhart deserves more ice time is like saying you are hoping for a 0-0 tie...

..and then we get Tim Murray's AHL hero to try and stop the puck in the shootout to top off our misery

Reactions: CacOBG

truthbluth

Feb 2, 2011
Nope, just responding to the silly comments from a group that has to defend him for their lives it seems. It doesn't bring me any satisfaction that Sam is not playing well. But when you see comments like Sam>Jack, why is Sam not on top line, why is Sam not getting more minutes, Sam is our only net positive forward, etc, etc....don't be shocked when the people that watch him play and struggle jump on these stupid statements. Fact is he's been useless this season so even if I wanted to bash him for the sake of it, I kind of have the right to as he's nothing to disprove or discourage it.
Sam deserves criticism for not finishing, but the hate for him on this board has become comical. He's getting blasted for getting knocked down a bunch last night when he was the only player consistently trying to get to dirty areas, and took a beating doing it. It's just stupid.

Ralonzo

Я хочу!
Nov 6, 2006
Virginia
Well, his dad did not go easy on Robin during his youth. A couple neighbours reported his dad to BRIS, a organization for childrens rights founded after a girl had been beaten to death by his step dad in the 1970's. Not saying this the case Lehner have some troubles in net from time to time. But I can imagine it was not the easiest childhood and that his dads words are still with him.

Here´s an article on it, in Swedish: https://www.aftonbladet.se/sportbladet/article12723103.ab
Yikes, hadnt heard about it. Although in retrospect it might point to a reflex against being coached...

Rasmus CacOlainen

The end of the Tank
Sep 24, 2015
Europe
Your idea of discussion is a joke if you think you actually discuss Reinhart rather than bash him with your agendas.
Ive explained I don't have an agenda. I may have an opinion but not an agenda. my opinion is Sam is not playing at the level I would expect from the caliber of player he should be. I'm sorry you have a problem with that.

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
We passed up on better coaches waiting on Housley, yet Im not here criticizing him and slandering him every chance I get. So whats your point? Bylsma so far has been a better coach.
Housley putting Girgs on Eichel's wing already makes him better in my eyes.

Rasmus CacOlainen

The end of the Tank
Sep 24, 2015
Europe
Disco Dan didn't inherit a team "coached" by Disco Dan for 2 years though. I give Housley a pass for now, but even that is not going to last too long until we start asking serious questions about his doings. Maybe another 10ish games or so.

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
We are not the ones making it about Reinhart. Speak to the fanboy. Theres plenty of others to rage at but the fanboy keeps making it about Reinhart.

You did read the second line of my post where I asked Aladyyn to stop, right?

We tanked for this player.

No we didn't. Ristolainen and Reinhart were waypoints on the way to McEichel. The tank for designed two years ahead of time with Connor McDavid in mind, and then Eichel's emergence during Reinhart's draft year made it all the more appealling.

Reactions: Sabretooth

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
Disco Dan didn't inherit a team "coached" by Disco Dan for 2 years though. I give Housley a pass for now, but even that is not going to last too long until we start asking serious questions about his doings. Maybe another 10ish games or so.
lol what about Ted Nolan, I didnt realize you held him in such high regard when Bylsma took over his team.

You're the biggest hypocrite on this board. You're willing to wait 10 more games but eagerly bash Reinhart 5 games in who came off a positive season. That is called an agenda.

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
I thought Reinhart and RoR both played well. And both suffered from a bit of puck luck. If they play that game every night, production will come. I don't have a read on Josefsson yet, but the other 2 on that line do not belong in the NHL.

1 notable thing nearly every night is our entire D core has terrible stick skills. It seems like every pass takes an extra action to corral if any D is involved. Could it possibly be that they all just lack that skill?
Puck luck is just an excuse. ROR, Reinhart they are not showing up to play, and it more than shows.

So tired of the Reinhart excuses. Ok, so the kid wasn't worth the 2nd overall, we get it, Murray screwed the pooch on that one. But he's not even an in game force. He's a secondary piece who is going through a slump.

This team has much bigger issues than just Reinhart. But he is definitely a part of the "Problem Package".

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
lol what about Ted Nolan, I didnt realize you held him in such high regard when Bylsma took over his team.

Your the biggest hypocrite on this board. Your willing to wait 10 more games but eagerly bash Reinhart 5 games in who came off a positive season. That is called an agenda.

It's called having an agenda. Or whatever Stokes told me it's called.

Sabretooth

May 14, 2013
Ohio
Remind me when the Miller, Pommer and Vanek trades happened, I don't remember. My "revisionist" encyclopedia says in the time before we drafted Sam Reinhart. Maybe you can share what yours says.
Your shtick is beyond old. Go away.
No we didn't. Ristolainen and Reinhart were waypoints on the way to McEichel. The tank for designed two years ahead of time with Connor McDavid in mind, and then Eichel's emergence during Reinhart's draft year made it all the more appealling.

Rasmus CacOlainen

The end of the Tank
Sep 24, 2015
Europe

Your the biggest hypocrite on this board. Your willing to wait 10 more games but eagerly bash Reinhart 5 games in who came off a positive season. That is called an agenda.
Sam is a player, he needs to know how to put the puck in the net by this point without relying on Jack and ROR to make goals for him. Housley needs to figure out how a team broken by Disco Dan has to play together effective hockey. Nothing hypocritical. I'm not saying Disco didn't cause Sam to be a worse player than he could have been now. That would be hypocritical my friend.

GellMann

Dec 16, 2014
Lancaster NY
As a neutral observer who generally likes Reinhart, I find Aladdyn's posts to be more ridiculous at this point, because the Sam bashing wasn't really a thing before he put up this stretch of five bad games (but look at his corsi for this game, and just his corsi-for for this game, because these stats work well and are totally supposed to be use for sample sizes this small) and the Reinhart love from that poster to the point where it weirds people out goes back a loooong time.

Sam is a decent hockey player who has been okay-to-bad who still can't touch Eichel's jockstrap even if Eichel has trouble playing defense. Right now Sam's lack of doing anything that ultimately matters in the current games which count in the standings is hurting the team just as much as ROR, Okposo, Lehner. And even if his totally-meaningful 5 game set of corsi suggests that won't continue, it's not as if he's been generating glorious chances for himself and others left and right. There have been 3 plays in 5 games where I would even qualify anything he either did himself or set others up with as coming sorta close to almost maybe scoring.

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
Remind me when the Miller, Pommer and Vanek trades happened, I don't remember. My "revisionist" encyclopedia says in the time before we drafted Sam Reinhart. Maybe you can share what yours says.

Don't be ridiculous. The entire NHL knew exactly who Connor McDavid was before the 2013-2014 season. Pegula was following the Pens plan of getting superstar centers high in the draft. Murray was brought in to make that plan work. The grand prize in all of this was McDavid. They didn't tank for Reinhart.

Reactions: Sabretooth

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
As a neutral observer who generally likes Reinhart, I find Aladdyn's posts to be more ridiculous at this point, because the Sam bashing wasn't really a thing before he put up this stretch of five bad games (but look at his corsi for this game, and just his corsi-for for this game, because these stats work well and are totally supposed to be use for sample sizes this small) and the Reinhart love from that poster to the point where it weirds people out goes back a loooong time.

Sam is a decent hockey player who has been okay-to-bad who still can't touch Eichel's jockstrap even if Eichel has trouble playing defense. Right now Sam's lack of doing anything that ultimately matters in the current games which count in the standings is hurting the team just as much as ROR, Okposo, Lehner. And even if his totally-meaningful 5 game set of corsi suggests that won't continue, it's not as if he's been generating glorious chances for himself and others left and right. There have been 3 plays in 5 games where I would even qualify anything he either did himself or set others up with as coming sorta close to almost maybe scoring.
This is exactly the way I see it.

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic

It's not 5 games. It's 2 seasons, going on 3.

And I'm sure you remember every play made during those 5 games. Again, that's why we have stats. Because you don't.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Remember the people who were adamant that it was Reinhart making Eichel better and not the other way around and they had the invisible stats to prove it?

They’re the same people who lose their mind when you point out a second overall pick in year 4 has been on the ice for most of the goals allowed this year and has produced a whopping nothing.

Here’s a non invisible stat to that first paragraph narrative:

Eichel 7 against teams top players.
Reinhart 0 against nobodies.

And they’ll still criticize Eichel for defense or perceived effort before Reinhart for anything.

That’s called an agenda.

He’s not your puppy. He’s not some lovable scamp that you just can’t be mad at. He’s supposed to be a cornerstone of this franchise. And his side of the house collapsed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad