Player Discussion: Heinola Thread

abax44

Jan 22, 2005
Is he paid NHL wage? Bones said he had made the team and was inured playing for the Jets, so I'd assume so, no?

Reactions: macmaroon

SLAYER

Cilantro Connoisseur
Oct 26, 2012
Winnipeg
Is he paid NHL wage? Bones said he had made the team and was inured playing for the Jets, so I'd assume so, no?

If he is not playing for the Jets, he will not make NHL money. He is still on the final year of his ELC, so he will be making $70k in the AHL.

EDIT: He was possibly making his NHL ELC salary while injured, though.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
If he is not playing for the Jets, he will not make NHL money. He is still on the final year of his ELC, so he will be making $70k in the AHL.

I believe he was getting a combo of AHL and NHL salaries.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Capfriendly says he has made over $108,000.00 this season so he wasn't getting AHL money so far.

abax44

Jan 22, 2005
Apparently their is a provision for TC injuries for non guaranteed roster players.
Yeah, looks like he was making $225k.

I think he gets "screwed" because he was injured before the season started (didn't make the opening day roster). Had he gotten injured after making the team, sent down for conditioning, je makes his NHL salary. Could be totally wrong, though. 😆

Reactions: SLAYER

SLAYER

Cilantro Connoisseur
Oct 26, 2012
Winnipeg
Thanks for the clarification everyone! I'm glad to hear he was gettin' paid a bit more than his AHL salary while injured.

Last edited:

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
I'm not sure, but if they worded his demotion to the moose as a "conditioning assignment", could he get paid NHL dough for 2 more weeks?

abax44

Jan 22, 2005
I'm not sure, but if they worded his demotion to the moose as a "conditioning assignment", could he get paid NHL dough for 2 more weeks?
I think normally, yes, but not for him since he was hurt before the season. I'm guessing here, though.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
SOIR (Season Opening Injury Reserve) for guys on 2 way contracts has its own formula for cap hit and salary implications. Without wadding too deep into it, it appears to be some sort of hybrid of the AHL and NHL salaries.
I think it is something like a ratio of games played in each league last season.
For example if he played 15% of the NHL games and 85% of his AHL games, then it is 15% of his NHL salary plus 85% of his AHL salary. I could be wrong.

Reactions: KingBogo

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
Unfortunate for him. Him being Heinola.

Him being Heinola as he was trending in September might be a nice addition to a powerplay currently so anaemic that our lads are wearing themselves out 5v5 to counter it.

Here's hoping he gets back to the point where he can platoon in as needed as the POs get nearer.

Reactions: LowLefty

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
Him being Heinola as he was trending in September might be a nice addition to a powerplay currently so anaemic that our lads are wearing themselves out 5v5 to counter it.

Here's hoping he gets back to the point where he can platoon in as needed as the POs get nearer.
Agreed - I would think that is what they hope they can get back to -
Bones has stated many times that he wants his 7th dman to be in and out of the lineup to keep them engaged and ready to step in full time if needed.
I can see that happening as soon as Ville is up to speed - and from there, the 6th spot will be open to the player that plays their way into that slot.

Ville's challenge will be working hard on the Moose and keeping his eye on the prize - I want to see what he can do in reg season minutes ASAP.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad