OT: HBO 24/7 Discussion

VladTheImpaler

Go Wings
Feb 27, 2012
Disappointing episode for sure. In particular, there was just too little of Pav and too much Cleary. There is so much material they could've gone more into about Pavel and Hank's background as late-round gems, etc.

Hopefully we get more of those two in future episodes.

Brodie

HACK THE BONE! HACK THE BONE!
Mar 19, 2009
Chicago
I was so busy this weekend, I forgot to watch. Ended up being pretty boring compared to the last few... not a lot of big personalities on either team. Sigh.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Really enjoyed Lupul giving it to Voynov and explaining why he was so irritated.

I know people here won't like him, but going to disagree in that I think Cleary came off very well and honestly I expected him to.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Come on Bench...Carlyle vs. the toaster was riveting television.

I also can't believe they chose to include Alfredsson telling his little girl not to pick her nose....that will be a great memory for her and her family.

IIRC in the past the first episode is usually a little slow.

Alfredsson only has sons, so yeah that isn't a girl.

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
Bertuzzi need to become an actor after hockey. He is perfect for background thug extra with no lines, just looks massively intimidating.

BinCookin

Feb 15, 2012
London, ON
You couldn't pay me to have dinner with Kyle Quincey.

I think some fans here need to separate their on ice complaints, and disliking human beings.

Cleary I am sure is a great guy, who's body is aging and may have to retire soon.
Quincey is what he is, a low pairing D man, that got massive PP time in other cities, and inflated his stats and salary.

These guys are just fine people.

I would have dinner with them.

I might also agree that I would prefer Jurco and Ouellet on the team. But lets appreciate HBO 24/7 for what it is, a look at the DRW. Not a way to complain further about your whipping boy of choice.

tunasnacks*

At the game on Saturday I chatted with the 24/7 crew after the slaughter. Actually asked some interesting questions. Had some fun requests and some conversations about Dan Cleary

joe89

Apr 30, 2009

You have to love that picture:
keeping_it_light-2-590x331.jpg

HIFE

May 10, 2011
Detroit, MI
Watched the 1st installment with my younger sister, she was glued to the screen. At one one point she asked "why would a fan yell 'you suck?'" (when the Wings were at the Panthers). Oh boy that was a hard one to answer! :laugh: Basically I said there is a lot of bad blood boiling over from the last century and it's the way of ice hockey to be mean.

I am pleasantly surprised by the 2013 Road. I thought for sure I would be embarrassed or annoyed at the Wings for being predictable, players who I think I know so well. I realize I don't. These are of course multi-faceted individuals and without meeting each of them I can only wonder. 24/7 gives you the slightest glimpse behind those locked doors into that world, it is heavy. For example the narrative led to the subject of Pavel Datsyuk and it merged with slow motion images of him skating, crossing-over, dude I felt it. I think this year with fewer F-bombs and scariness it is still fully riveting. Great job, HBO.

Dinner with Q, Helm, Abbie, Smith etc. would be hilarious! Those cats are a riot. Helm is trippy...

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
Love it so far. Aside from Clearys part.

Yeah they had to remind us he was still on the team. And to rub it in rehash on how he made it back from getting so close to being a Flyer then turn around and sign here.

odin1981

There can be only 1!
Mar 8, 2013
Canton Mi
Honestly the drw are a fairly "normal" team. Most of what is shown will not impress most. I bet a lot of other teams fans are gonna be pretty bored with this years 24/7. Most of the red wings are 30+ and family guys. Sure we have are youth contingent but we are the 2nd "oldest team".

I hope they have like 5 mins a show devoted to pavel. I really dig his humour. Plus he just comes off on a different wavelength than most. Not a negative or positive but he is just different and that is a breath of fresh air imho. Unfortunately he from just about every report I have heard is a very humble guy so I doubt he will be a main character.

NyquistIsMyGod*

Honestly the drw are a fairly "normal" team. Most of what is shown will not impress most. I bet a lot of other teams fans are gonna be pretty bored with this years 24/7. Most of the red wings are 30+ and family guys. Sure we have are youth contingent but we are the 2nd "oldest team".

I hope they have like 5 mins a show devoted to pavel. I really dig his humour. Plus he just comes off on a different wavelength than most. Not a negative or positive but he is just different and that is a breath of fresh air imho. Unfortunately he from just about every report I have heard is a very humble guy so I doubt he will be a main character.

Explains why Mike Commodore is no longer on the team. Could you imagine 24/7 with him? Probably some crazy money spending, non-family type of nights out.

Number 9*

I thought it would nice to watch this series. But it's done is bring back bad memories of bad games.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
I thought it would nice to watch this series. But it's done is bring back bad memories of bad games.

i think it's very interesting to see how babs and co do and react when things aren't going well.

obviously would like to win but i think we can learn more about them this way; which is why i'm excited about this show.

just win that winter classic. our stanley cup.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Hey guys. Rangers fan coming in peace. I love the Winter Classic build-up with the 24/7 HBO series. Watching part 1 now.

Youtube vid is blocked outside US and Canada, but luckily I have my sources to be able to download it :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad