Pre-Game Talk: Hawks vs Jackets

Status
Not open for further replies.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Crow has pretty bad career numbers vs the Caps so start him this game and play Lehner Sunday.
this is true, this schedule really does suck for this team...Lehner playing one game in nearly 3 damn weeks is crazy...hard to get going for both of these guys with all this time off..

Styles

No Light, No Signal
Apr 6, 2017
Lehner it is. I'm done caring who's in net anymore to be honest. Either guy gives us an equal chance to win.

Reactions: Muffinalt

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
How can you sit Crow after that game?! JC is horrible and is going to los......kidding.

Hawks have 2 good goalies and there isn't really a wrong choice at this point. Let them both play until someone wins or losses the job or someone gets hurt.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
How can you sit Crow after that game?! JC is horrible and is going to los......kidding.

Hawks have 2 good goalies and there isn't really a wrong choice at this point. Let them both play until someone wins or losses the job or someone gets hurt.

I mean if that game doesn’t earn you the next start after a long layoff then I don’t know what does of how the hell JC deciding who gets the start.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
I mean if that game doesn’t earn you the next start after a long layoff then I don’t know what does of how the hell JC deciding who gets the start.

I don't think he's looking at it as a riding the hot goalie kind of a situation currently, where a good start earns you another one. I think they have a general idea of want the workload to be, which would likely no more than a 60/40 split in either direction. I think he's trying to get both guys work and keep them both fresh to start the year. The schedule picks up the next few weeks and both guys will be playing. I have no issue with it. I doubt you see either guy get more than 2, maybe 3 consecutive starts for some time. My guess is that JC has a schedule of what guy to start, based on limiting the time off in between starts and is just going off that.

Obviously, as the season plays out, you reevaluate the situation and adjust if one guy is playing better and deserves more run. But just like I didn't have a problem going to Crow after Lehner played well, I don't have a problem going back to Lehner.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC

I really like Lehner.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
JC repeatedly said they plan out the goalie starts, ahead of time.
yep, 6 games in the next 10 days is going to allow plenty of work for both. Lehner has been sitting around and needs game time as well regardless of what Crow just did..it is obvious JC is going to Crow right now more than Lehner, but this is a game Lehner needs just to stay sharp and active...and he played well too, so zero downside here.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Looks like Elvis is in net for CLB tonight. Hawks may have caught a break there as Korpy has been pretty good to begin the year.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Elvis?

upload_2019-10-18_13-7-23.png

CourtneyDagger50

Resident Pig Expert
Jan 11, 2014
Rockford
I'm cool with Lehner getting the start. You can't have him sitting around forever. Better than just throwing him to the wolves against Ovi and the Caps. Obviously he's a good goalie and could handle it. But, that would be rough for anyone coming off of not playing in awhile.

This early season schedule hasn't been ideal for anyone. I think we will see a better Keeper rhythm when the schedule evens out and we don't have a week between every game

Reactions: Muffinalt

LordKOTL

Abuse of Officials
Aug 15, 2014
Pacific NW
I don't think he's looking at it as a riding the hot goalie kind of a situation currently, where a good start earns you another one. I think they have a general idea of want the workload to be, which would likely no more than a 60/40 split in either direction. I think he's trying to get both guys work and keep them both fresh to start the year. The schedule picks up the next few weeks and both guys will be playing. I have no issue with it. I doubt you see either guy get more than 2, maybe 3 consecutive starts for some time. My guess is that JC has a schedule of what guy to start, based on limiting the time off in between starts and is just going off that.

Obviously, as the season plays out, you reevaluate the situation and adjust if one guy is playing better and deserves more run. But just like I didn't have a problem going to Crow after Lehner played well, I don't have a problem going back to Lehner.

Exactly. I think the next "This goalie should play this game" that I can see on the schedule is Dr. Craw getting the nod on Jan 15th just because he's usually dynamite against the Habs. Maybe there's one for Lehner before it, but I personally don't know if there's any team in which Lehner is their krypronite.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad