Pre-Game Talk: Hawks vs Jackets

Status
Not open for further replies.

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
I'm not sure what you mean? It is, that's what the line will be next game. Not sure why people are calling it the "development line" when only one player developing is on it as of right now.

If Perlini stays in and Smith's "maintenance" days are really just a soft way of saying he's scratched, then it's Nylander and Perlini on that line.

I'd say it's a toss up between Smith and Perlini who start next game with Nylander and Carp.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
Have to think they’ll crash and burn at some point cramming in a ton of games in a short period of time. I don’t see how that’s avoidable schedule wise at this point.

I really don't get the NHL schedule sometimes. The season is two weeks old, how can there be such wide discrepencies in games played. In the case of the Hawks, I actually get it, since they were overseas. But the Rangers have played 3 games while there are 5 teams that have played 8. Like how does that happen?

Last edited:

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Have to think they’ll crash and burn at some point cramming in a ton of games in a short period of time. I don’t see how that’s avoidable schedule wise at this point.

Starting tomorrow seems like the time period they’ll be cramming. 16 games in 30 nights, 8 part of back to backs. Hopefully it works to their advantage being early in the season when everyone is healthy to start.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
I really don't get the NHL schedule sometimes. The season is two weeks old, how can there be such wide discrepencies in games played. In the case of the Hawks, I actually get it, since they were overseas. But the Rangers have played 3 games while there are 5 teams that have played 8. Like how does that happen?
just blame Bettman.....lol

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013

mickey mouse league

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Starting tomorrow seems like the time period they’ll be cramming. 16 games in 30 nights, 8 part of back to backs. Hopefully it works to their advantage being early in the season when everyone is healthy to start.

To play devil's advocate though it is also advantageous to catch good teams before they have hit their stride. Unfortunately, it is Chicago who weren't ready to begin this season. (After a good game vs Oilers) I look at tonights game as a marker to where this team stands currently,

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Bottomline:given few games Hawks have played compared to others and or others with hot starts,it puts Hawks into tough position.. Avs already 8 points ahead of Hawks and Hawks only have 2 games to make up on them...so tobcatxh then Hawks have to get 4 more wi s in next 4 games and still if Avs win 2 games to get both ton8GP ,they still would be 4 points ahead if the Hawks..it just seems like the mountain is a hill to steep to climb.

Sire a team like Vancouver just won4 in a row..but who feems ourcHawks can/will do that?

Certainly not with kane in onsistent game to game...with D-Cat and Toews NOT PRODUCING much so far..

We cannot win much with 3 Key "guns" not exactly producing a Pasternak...Hopefully 1 of the 3 gets hot reL fast next 4-6 games...better if 2 or all 3 do ..but your stars gotta star..and if that does not happen more consistently we are really up tge creek into a Meh .500 team..so far 12g in 4GP and 13GA.= a big MEH.

Tge "stars" gotta convict.. and soon..or else Hawks will keep in muddling the MEH road and fall further behind in the standings to potential playoff contenders.

Calling out our "stars"..start beating goaliesbon z regukar basis...would help if your shot totals expand from current low levels.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
If Perlini stays in and Smith's "maintenance" days are really just a soft way of saying he's scratched, then it's Nylander and Perlini on that line.

I'd say it's a toss up between Smith and Perlini who start next game with Nylander and Carp.
I'm pretty sure JC already said Smith will be fine and in the lineup Friday.

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Bottomline:given few games Hawks have played compared to others and or others with hot starts,it puts Hawks into tough position.. Avs already 8 points ahead of Hawks and Hawks only have 2 games to make up on them...so tobcatxh then Hawks have to get 4 more wi s in next 4 games and still if Avs win 2 games to get both ton8GP ,they still would be 4 points ahead if the Hawks..it just seems like the mountain is a hill to steep to climb.

Sire a team like Vancouver just won4 in a row..but who feems ourcHawks can/will do that?

Certainly not with kane in onsistent game to game...with D-Cat and Toews NOT PRODUCING much so far..

We cannot win much with 3 Key "guns" not exactly producing a Pasternak...Hopefully 1 of the 3 gets hot reL fast next 4-6 games...better if 2 or all 3 do ..but your stars gotta star..and if that does not happen more consistently we are really up tge creek into a Meh .500 team..so far 12g in 4GP and 13GA.= a big MEH.

Tge "stars" gotta convict.. and soon..or else Hawks will keep in muddling the MEH road and fall further behind in the standings to potential playoff contenders.

Calling out our "stars"..start beating goaliesbon z regukar basis...would help if your shot totals expand from current low levels.

You can always take the glass half full approach that Hawks are an improved and healthier team now than they were on October 3rd, hence it is possible that the schedule will end up assisting this team.

Reactions: Pez68

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
You can always take the glass half full approach that Hawks are an improved and healthier team now than they were on October 3rd, hence it is possible that the schedule will end up assisting this team.

The schedule has been tailor made for Colliton to have an extended training camp to hold practices and implement his system. Just seeing the difference game to game, it’s pretty clear they’d be deep in the hole if they had more games earlier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad