Pre-Game Talk: Hawks vs Jackets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
:laugh:

you beautiful bastard!!!

only thing missing is Mitchell holding a tub of Vaseline over Red Dog God's shoulder - that is cup winning **** right here!!!!
AQJ9iAV.jpg

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Toews and Kane each averaging just 2 shots per game through 4 games ...for Kane 8 shots on goal in first 4 games is his lowest of his career.

I am sure the opps very happy of that is all T and K can fire at their goalies in games...

wahsnairb

Jun 9, 2010
Going to be hard not to watch this game as a Hawks fan who lives in Columbus, but a promise is a promise. I’ll not watch until we lose. Hopefully the highlights are awesome.

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
Toews and Kane each averaging just 2 shots per game through 4 games ...for Kane 8 shots on goal in first 4 games is his lowest of his career.

I am sure the opps very happy of that is all T and K can fire at their goalies in games...
You spelled his name wrong, its Toes

TheSting

Jun 22, 2015
Realize the Jets pkay thwir9th game tomorrow night ...they have 8 points ofout of 8 games played...but if they beat the Islanders tomorrow night they would be up 7 points on us but we would have a 5 game make up window ...the problem is...do you think the Hawks can make up 7 points out of 5 gams I hand...of course tge Avs sit atop rgecentire WC with 19 points (also 7 more than us) with the Hawks having ONLY 1 game I had..if we win thatxextra gamevit means Still s,whipping 5 behind the Avs .

So there Already is a airt of big Hill to climb to become a top club I the division or the WesternConference..

Hawks cannot Ffordctovsquander the extra games in hand over division rivals...

It wiukdchelo tgeccause ifctge pp were better than showing so fR and if Laggards Toews Bs D-Cat a truly oroducedxas oer expectation..

Toews just 1 point (assust( in 4 GP...a big fat Zero in +/-,and under-water in the possession stats...meh in Tk-GV= 0 differential ...1 each in4GP.. Pretty dismal for our1C and also under 50% on draws..total bustcin his game so far...1 very goidboeriod out of 12...notvcutting it.

D-Cat ...better at +3 but justx1g 1a in 4GP.. just gave him big raise on bridge deal and so far he has disappointed.

D-CTxNd Toews not seeming to have any chemistry on same line...could Bd Hige problem ifvitvpersists..

Gonna be hard for Hawks to win if they do not contribute a lot more.

Good spot on analysis. I will take it a step further. Blackhawks need to stack wins and show the ability to get on a good streak. Can they win 2 in a row at the UC with more home games to come? They are well rested, lots of practice time inbetween to get everyone on board Colliton's brand of hockey.

MUST WIN!!!!

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Hard to win most games if both Toews or Kane do not produce much...and if they do not,usually the PP goes silent too..

So our1C says he has to play faster and with more energy ..has not been there YET,he says (see John Dietz quoting Toews) but we the fans might ask..Why is his speed and energy not what it was as per last season ...his "rebound season"?Did he not learn a lesson?He credited his most productive scoring season with exactly the
Re-found speed and energy of his early years because he had changed his off-season training methods ..so dod he Not follow the same routine in training as last season?

He cannot blame his lack of energy on being g tired...Hawks have only played 4 games...cannot be tiredxalready.

So why does he not have his A level speed and energy to go 3 periods hardened fast?

Oh yeah.. forgot..he did that real estate flipping thing off season..so mind is off off hockey ...off the total comittment and onto other interests?The old Machu Picchu schtick all over again?Say itcain't so,capoy!

Point is...he recognizes exactly what he mist re-capture to produce more scoring ...get to the net more and get more shots off= up the pace and be more energetic for longer in games...He is still only 31 ..not an if fart yet!

So come on mon capitaine...just DO IT ...or is this another season where other interests have pushed the 100% all in to the back-burner?

crazyhawk

Apr 8, 2011
In the Hills
google translator is truly amazing....between this and Sanskrit, not sure which is harder to decipher..
Oh I think Sanskrit would be easier!
There’s a template with that where with 50 one needs to understand the nuances associated with Canadianese, alcohol, chubby fingers and grumpy old man syndrome.
I’m technically an old man too so I get a mulligan in the PC arena!

Reactions: AmericanDream

Rick C137

Jun 5, 2018
I hope Smith stays out and the fourth line stays like that. I’m interested to see what that would look like.

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
That fourth line is evolving into a more offensive line for young players, almost like a... development line while the third line is the matchup line.

wonder if Dach ends up between those two guys when he gets here.[/QUOTE]

Now that would be interesting.

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
That fourth line is evolving into a more offensive line for young players, almost like a... development line while the third line is the matchup line.

wonder if Dach ends up between those two guys when he gets here.

Now that would be interesting.[/QUOTE]

ya, it’s something I brought up a few weeks back and people shit all over the idea. But it looks like there is a potential stage set for it to happen.

obviously that doesn’t mean it will, but it’s seeming more like a possibility.

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
Ugh......

Brent Seabrook and Olli Maatta, inexplicably paired together this season, have a 30.49 Corsi for percentage at 5-on-5
JC has to be smarter than this. Those are two not great skaters as is.

Maatta is solid but Seabrook is damn near brain dead. Either play them as the bottom pairing or start sitting Seabrook for whoever, I don’t really care at this point.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Seabrook is the one ruining that combo. He's going to drag any pairing so its best to just bite the bullet and tell him to sit. But this team would rather live in 2015 and put pride before winning so he'll probably stay in the lineup unless he gets hurt or Boqvist takes his spot.

It would take a 2013 moment imo to remove Seabrook from the lineup. In 2013 Saad was clearly the better choice to play with Toews and Hossa but Carcillo was there and Saad was in Rockford to start the year iirc. It took an injury to Carcillo to force their hand into the right decision to call up Saad and play him on the top line, which basically removed Carcillo from the lineup for the rest of the season. The same is really the only possible outcome to boot Seabrook from the rotation long term and open the door for Boqvist to get into the rotation without questions from the team why Seabrook is out.

Muffinalt

Mar 1, 2016
Hungary
I'm not that excited about that 4th line. We have two suspect defensive players there. Another line we can worry about in our end.

Rick C137

Jun 5, 2018
With how this third line is playing, I think the most logical place for Dach to start is on the wing in the top 6.

DeBrincat - Toews - Dach
Shaw - Strome - Kane
Saad - Kampf - Kubalik
Caggulia - Carpenter - Nylander

I’d like to see that when Dach is ready. I’d bet he probably gets a game on the fourth to shelter him but I think he could be a good stylistic fit with Toews.

Reactions: Muffinalt

Muffinalt

Mar 1, 2016
Hungary
With how this third line is playing, I think the most logical place for Dach to start is on the wing in the top 6.

DeBrincat - Toews - Dach
Shaw - Strome - Kane
Saad - Kampf - Kubalik
Caggulia - Carpenter - Nylander

I’d like to see that when Dach is ready. I’d bet he probably gets a game on the fourth to shelter him but I think he could be a good stylistic fit with Toews.

Totally agree. I think those are our best lines.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
ya, it’s something I brought up a few weeks back and people **** all over the idea. But it looks like there is a potential stage set for it to happen.

obviously that doesn’t mean it will, but it’s seeming more like a possibility.
It's still Smith - Carpenter- Nylander though...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad