Rumor: Hawks thinking of trading Debrincat

Status
Not open for further replies.

EddieTheEagle

Sep 17, 2006
It's 35 pages of this. I don't get it.
That's showbiz, baby. Sweet dreams, you gentle princes. Put a cat and a puck under your pillow tonight and KD will come and replace them in the dark of the night with draft picks for you to enjoy in the morning. xo

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
I think they could get Meier with a package starting with Holtz and ending with lesser prospects. DeBrincat would need #2 and Holtz/Mercer just to get started.
Grier is a new GM, Meier is his best player. He was their top scorer and best goal scorer at age 25.

good luck with that.

Devils know they have to give to get because everybody knows that they have young talent but may want to skip that development time to give Hughes his goal scorer now.

Malagahawks

We tanked hard and got Bedard!! Happy Days!!
Oct 23, 2018
Malaga, Spain
All of us today if we learn we got an underwhelming return for Cat:

FXCUS5EXwAACkQc.jpeg.jpg

Reactions: RayP and hawksrule

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
You guys just keep talking in circles.

We have nothing better to talk about

1) No 1st round pick
2) No rumors outside of Debrincat stuff
3) No RFA or prospect signings to talk about
4) Sox and Cubs are dismal
5) Bears are a few weeks away from camp for what should be a terrible team
6) Bulls appear set for another year as a playoff bubble team at best

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015

1) No 1st round pick

Reactions: EddieTheEagle

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022
If the Hawks trade DeBrincat, I'm done for a while. Regardless of the return. This team can't become any more unwatchable, and they somehow would be.

I also think the desire to trade DeBrincat reeks of desperation. A new GM trying to make big waves and put his fingerprints on the team.

How often do teams trading a guy like DeBrincat actually win those trades? What would be a comparable trade, even? Superstars in their early 20's almost never get traded.
HUH?

HawksDub89

Apr 17, 2019
I don’t love how fixated KD is on getting a 1st for tonight. That desperation could lead to a mistake.

Cat is a star, you can build around him.

7OA and a decent prospect isn’t enough.

This has rookie GM mistake written all over it.

Reactions: Kaners Bald Spot

Fortyfives

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2011
I don’t love how fixated KD is on getting a 1st for tonight. That desperation could lead to a mistake.

Cat is a star, you can build around him.

7OA and a decent prospect isn’t enough.

This has rookie GM mistake written all over it.
I don’t read too much into what GMs say publicly.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
What's so weird about the NHL is that the timeline of the top 10 pick value trade is right now, got to be before a team uses that pick.

The other NA sports don't have this oddityz NFL drafts then trades from time to time, NBA does it a Lot, and MLB you can't trade picks before taken I believe.

I can't think of any major trades right after a pick was taken in the nhl which is dumb

HeisenBaez

Nov 3, 2008
Heart of Dixie

1) No 1st round pick

Chicago Sky is kicking the ass in the WNBA. So there's that.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
What's so weird about the NHL is that the timeline of the top 10 pick value trade is right now, got to be before a team uses that pick.

The other NA sports don't have this oddityz NFL drafts then trades from time to time, NBA does it a Lot, and MLB you can't trade picks before taken I believe.

I can't think of any major trades right after a pick was taken in the nhl which is dumb

If you're talking about NBA style drafts a guy and trade him minutes later nonsense. Thank God it isn't part of NHL

That is some of the dumbest shit

Infact NBA trades overall are idiotic with trading of picks 8-9 years off and the conditions put on picks, etc and how many trades are made just to buy guys out for future cap room and other nonsense which usually leads to team with cap room still failing to land stars, etc (Knicks spent years doing this crap)

This past NFL draft was the first really active player trade draft which was surprising and had a few big deals made. If NFL player trades become more regular part of draft that will only make it again far and away the best draft in sports

Chicago Sky is kicking the ass in the WNBA. So there's that.

I am sure the 5 fans + family of players in stands are enjoying it

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
They don't happen right after, but they do happen right before.

For example let's say Ottawa wants to trade #7 to DeBrincat, they probably won't make that trade until after pick #6 is made. Why? Maybe Cooley is available at 7 due to size and therefore they decide #7 is suddenly more valuable.

Cubs2024WSChamps

Tate MacRae follows me on Tiktok
Apr 29, 2015
The Sky’s cheapest ticket is 40 bucks.

The White Sox cheapest ticket is 5 and they still can’t sell out.

Don’t the White Sox still have those “bring a can of soup, get into the stadium “ deals?

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
They don't happen right after, but they do happen right before.

For example let's say Ottawa wants to trade #7 to DeBrincat, they probably won't make that trade until after pick #6 is made. Why? Maybe Cooley is available at 7 due to size and therefore they decide #7 is suddenly more valuable.

Phoenix is supposedly in love with Cooley. Would be shocking if he dropped past them.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Phoenix is supposedly in love with Cooley. Would be shocking if he dropped past them.
It's just an example.

My point being is people are wondering why a DeBrincat trade hasn't happened yet, but the reality is teams are probably going to wait and see how the draft unfolds before they trade their picks, because maybe a guy they love falls. Or conversely Chicago might not want to trade DeBrincat for a pick in the 7-9 range because there's nobody there they love.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad