Rumor: Hawks thinking of trading Debrincat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Holtz was PPG in the AHL at 19/20. Not a lot of guys have done that.

Skating is the only issue I have with Holtz

Rest of his game looks very promising

Hawks haven't been good at helping guys improve skating (Rangers and a few other teams have had notable success improving skating of players)

ploppsdman

Don't stand for the Blackhawks. Stand for Kyle.
Feb 5, 2004
I will forever be in the camp of NOT trading 24 year old elite goal scorers.

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015
I am in the camp of it doesn't make sense to keep him because he'll be 29 when they're good again, and that is if everything goes perfectly.
That is where I am at. I would love to keep him but it doesn't make sense for him to stay with he calendar of rebuild we are on. We need to get a lot of lottery tickets in hopes of getting a few to hit and trading Cat gives us that.

ozzzie19

May 13, 2015
Trades that should happen today:
1) Debrincat to NJ for Holtz, 2nd overall, and next years first (top 5 protected)
2) Kane (no retained salary) to Philly for JVR (no retained salary), 5th overall, Forester, and their 3rd rounder next year

Transactions this offseason:
3) With the Hawks having no leverage, no other GM ponies up anything more than a 6th for Kubalik/Strome so they are not traded and not qualified
4) Wait out the goalie carousel.
5) Take on salary dump(s) for pick(s)

Transactions during the season:
4) Murphy's and McCabe's (assuming he has a bounce back year) value will be higher at the TDL so neither will be traded this offseason. Maybe one goes this TDL and the other next TDL.
5) Toews (even at 50% retained) has no value right now but will at the TDL (assuming he is healthy) and could return a decent pick if there is a team in need.

ColbyChaos

Marty Snoozeman's Father
Sep 27, 2017
Will County
KBS secretly loves all the drama and eats it up like a soap opera only to pretend he hates it.

Its like a guy saying he hates hallmark movies but is secretly a huge fan lol

Reactions: Pez68

goldenbladz1

Feb 11, 2015
KBS secretly loves all the drama and eats it up like a soap opera only to pretend he hates it.

Like going to a Rock Concert and complaining about it being too loud

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Everyone in this thread right now
F90CA060-B35D-4543-97C3-93473B0812F2.jpeg

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL

Draft day/FA day/TDL is like a holiday for me. I hate the posturing though. Would prefer that talks have a high likelihood of materializing into a trade before being reported.

Everyone in this thread right now View attachment 565552
QFT

For somebody who hates this crap you post a whole lot of it.
Just bringing the information to those who want it. Think of doing a favor so people don't have to go back and forth to twitter.

jaysoneil

Feb 22, 2013
IL
Trades that should happen today:
1) Debrincat to NJ for Holtz, 2nd overall, and next years first (top 5 protected)
2) Kane (no retained salary) to Philly for JVR (no retained salary), 5th overall, Forester, and their 3rd rounder next year

Transactions this offseason:
3) With the Hawks having no leverage, no other GM ponies up anything more than a 6th for Kubalik/Strome so they are not traded and not qualified
4) Wait out the goalie carousel.
5) Take on salary dump(s) for pick(s)

Transactions during the season:
4) Murphy's and McCabe's (assuming he has a bounce back year) value will be higher at the TDL so neither will be traded this offseason. Maybe one goes this TDL and the other next TDL.
5) Toews (even at 50% retained) has no value right now but will at the TDL (assuming he is healthy) and could return a decent pick if there is a team in need.
If Kane is to be traded, the Hawks WILL be retaining, especially for JVR, 5OA, Forester and 2023 3rd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad