Rumor: Hawks thinking of trading Debrincat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muffinalt

Mar 1, 2016
Hungary
Holy f***ing shit. Well, it's truly 10000% rebuild then lol.

If we trade him (and then Kane/Toews asks out most likely), I will literally puke every time Seth Jones touches the puck.

Reactions: CourtneyDagger50

Otto31

Nov 24, 2013
Loosing Teuvo for nothing was bad, losing Panarin was even more painful. Lose Alex will be kind of an unspeakable feeling.

Reactions: Nellie Fox

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Sell high ...ransom of a return...plus cannitxwin with smurfs.

Plus once D-Cat shipped out Kane and Tiewa probably beg to vectraded=more pucks plus a clean slate on cap savings...In position to tanks for tge #1in 3923..plus have tge cash to ebtice McKinnon as free agent wanting to set tge bar on highest paidxojayer..Hawksxwoujd be set for huge re-set .

feichter33

Mar 25, 2013
My instant reaction is YIKES!! How do you not have a need for a young player of his caliber? Not like he will be garbage by the time we are back in the 'run' years.

However...if we can get someone young a-la Holtz plus a boatload of picks...hmmm...maybe. You ever think it could also be the strategy of starting the phones calls with Dbcat as the marketing piece then trying to sell others too? Kinda like stores putting the really good sales at the back to walk you past everything else?

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Cat will only be traded if the haul is significant...at least the Hagel deal gives us hope for that
Right? I think Davidson deserves the benefit of the doubt that he’s not going to move DeBrincat for the equivalent of Saad.

He has proven already that he’s looking to fleece other GMs, not be the one being fleeced like nutsack Bowman.

Until Davidson does dumb shit, I’ll trust that he’s not going to do dumb shit.

Northernhawk

Feb 22, 2020
Loosing Teuvo for nothing was bad, losing Panarin was even more painful. Lose Alex will be kind of an unspeakable feeling.
DeBrincat is to this team what Amonte was to his Hawks’ teams…great numbers individually…poor team results

Reactions: nmgrbhfn

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
DeBrincat is to this team what Amonte was to his Hawks’ teams…great numbers individually…poor team results
Why compare him to amonte at all? The team sucks in every single way, that’s all that matters. There’s almost no talent in the nhl, there’s almost no talent in the pipeline.

DeBrincat will be an excellent top line piece on a championship caliber team, too bad Bowman has ensured Chicago won’t have a championship caliber team for at least 5-7 years.

Northernhawk

Feb 22, 2020
Why compare him to amonte at all? The team sucks in every single way, that’s all that matters. There’s almost no talent in the nhl, there’s almost no talent in the pipeline.

DeBrincat will be an excellent top line piece on a championship caliber team, too bad Bowman has ensured Chicago won’t have a championship caliber team for at least 5-7 years.
Hawks got nothing for Amonte

Reactions: RememberTheRoar

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
This needs to be significant with one already showning he can play in the NHL.
I can't think of a better return than 2nd overall + Mercer + ??

I don't think there will be better offers and teams being able to offer more.

Malaka

you know, **** it, let’s just not think so much
Mar 3, 2020
www.youtube.com
This needs to be significant with one already showning he can play in the NHL.
I can't think of a better return than 2nd overall + Mercer + ??

I don't think there will be better offers and teams being able to offer more.
Debrincat isn’t worth it according to the trade boards. Fun stuff

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
trade boards didn't know who brandon hagel was before he went for a haul...they couldn't conceive why a team would give up a 1st for a '40 point forward'..didn't understand the value that he brought...most of them don't watch games outside of their own teams...

Pertti

Dec 1, 2019
What we got from Hagel has nothing to do what we get from DeBrincat.

Hagel got great contract which got his price up, DeBrincat has QO up 9M, if he makes long contract that might drop to 8M AAV.

TheFridge

Mar 20, 2022

Hagel got great contract which got his price up, DeBrincat has QO up 9M, if he makes long contract that might drop to 8M AAV.

DeBrincat will be more expensive in terms of cap to the team acquiring him, but he's also an elite talent -- Hagel isn't. And the acquiring team still has another year of tremendous value with DeBrincat at 6.4M.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013

agree, thats why cat will go for the 2nd overall pick if he's traded and hagel went for two late 1sts, obviously a significant difference in value there

deytookerjaabs

Johnny Paycheck's Tank Advisor
Sep 26, 2010
Eastern Shore
This type of trade is tough to gauge. I mean, we really need some blue chip stuff to raise our chances. Since we can't just rely on tanking due to losing our picks you have to wonder who has possibly high picks to give who can also trade for Cat? Hmmm. You can get late 1sts for lesser players all day so I don't see a reason to trade for less than something stellar. He'll be 25 next year and likely has many miles left, he also has the character to play his best when the team around him is half ass-ing it. Geez, I don't get it, rather would cut away players closer or into their 30's than dangle guys who likely will be good for the next 5+ years. Better make that **** work, ballsy and risky as hell.

Reactions: hawksrule

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Would a trade for the #2 overall this draft and a conditional 1st (unprotected) for 2023 IF NJ extends D-Cat be enough of a "haul"?

Or would NJ insist the 2023 be top 3 protected and it flips to 2024 first plus a 2023 2nd in this scenario of them getting a top 3 either by finish or another lottery win or do the new lottery rules prevent them from getting g another lottery win back to back years in all lottovwin scenarios? If they cannot be allowed another lotto win iin back to back frames then no.pointbin insisting on protecting a conditional pick for a top 2 landing anyway ...but maybe ifvthey win a top 3 just by after lotto next order of finish they might insist o that being protected.

Anyway...itcwoukdcseem no team contemplating any possibility at all of a top 3 pick i 3023 is goingvto trade such pick possibility with no protection for as much protection as theycare allowed.

Also woukd adfibgcanotgercsmuf to jack Hughes makevthem too small a team at forward?

So is such a trade not far-fetched to begin with?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad