Rumor: Hawks thinking of trading Debrincat

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheFridge

Mar 20, 2022
Safe to say if they go scorched Earth and this team is Arizona-bad then I won't be tuning in to any games again until this team becomes watchable again.

What a shitshow.

Arizona is a shit show. Buffalo is a shit show. If the Hawks are still "rebuilding" in 10 years, you can call them a shit show too. As of now, this is a legitimate strategy for long-term success. What would you rather them do? Be mired in mediocrity for the next decade? Maybe they make the playoffs a couple times, maybe they win a round once?

Esq

in terrorem
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2009
Village in the City
Safe to say if they go scorched Earth and this team is Arizona-bad then I won't be tuning in to any games again until this team becomes watchable again.

What a shitshow.
Hawks circa 1998-2007 were a shitshow. You either weren't alive then or are having selective memory if you think the present situation is comparable.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
if Laz is talking about why it will not work out then we need to start talking about why it will work out because his batting avg isn't too hot...would do 2nd overall and unprotected 1st from NJ, let them keep their other recent 1st round picks, bank on them being a lotto team again and having extra Bedard equity...if they move Kane as well then they're likely going into a very strong draft with 4-5 1st round picks

Styles

No Light, No Signal
Apr 6, 2017
if Laz is talking about why it will not work out then we need to start talking about why it will work out because his batting avg isn't too hot...would do 2nd overall and unprotected 1st from NJ, let them keep their other recent 1st round picks, bank on them being a lotto team again and having extra Bedard equity...if they move Kane as well then they're likely going into a very strong draft with 4-5 1st round picks

There's no way New Jersey gives us a 2023 1st without top 2 protection.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
how to juice the rebuild

1655219421571.png

There's no way New Jersey gives us a 2023 1st without top 2 protection.
probably true if he will not sign an extension, which wouldn't be that surprising

Chuck Testa

Mar 27, 2017
Hawks circa 1998-2007 were a shitshow. You either weren't alive then or are having selective memory if you think the present situation is comparable.

Oh I was very much alive during those days. I don't want to go back to those dreadful days. They wouldn't find themselves in this situation if it weren't for the piss poor asset management.

Just frustrating.

Arizona is a shit show. Buffalo is a shit show. If the Hawks are still "rebuilding" in 10 years, you can call them a shit show too. As of now, this is a legitimate strategy for long-term success. What would you rather them do? Be mired in mediocrity for the next decade? Maybe they make the playoffs a couple times, maybe they win a round once?

That's why I highlighted Arizona. They've been year in year out absolute trash for the most part.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Arizona has been pretty unlucky, they've been horrible for years and they've yet to draft 1st overall, when they're bad the talent that's there isn't elite, then throw in Chayka years and his contract extensions...its a second rate organization, Hawks should be more in line with the Toronto/Rangers teardowns, it seems like Davidson has a plan for a full rebuild and if they hit on their top picks and stick to the plan they should come out of it with a playoff team at a minimum, Wirtz seem like they get the situation and need to let the process play out and the fans want it so its an easier sell

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
I think we should start thinking about packages from other teams besides the Devils for DeBrincat. I'm not sure he's a good fit for them.

So what would you guys take from LA? Something around Byfield?
Carolina? I'd imagine it would start with Jarvis and Necas.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
I think we should start thinking about packages from other teams besides the Devils for DeBrincat. I'm not sure he's a good fit for them.

If I'm trading Cat, I want a top 3 pick in the first round as just the starter. If a team doesn't have a top 3 pick, then I'm not even listening.

The obsession with trading proven NHL players, especially one of Cat's elite level, for unproven question mark prospects, is so ridiculous.

Styles

No Light, No Signal
Apr 6, 2017

I highly doubt Byfield would be on the table from the Kings. You probably get a quantity type deal from both teams which the Hawks should pass on.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Necas is really good fwiw but it feels like a lateral move, now if Canes want to make it Necas++ then there might be a conversation to be had

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Necas as main piece of a trade would be terrible return

He was awful for Canes thru much of year and has been terrible in playoffs these past 2 years

He has not shown he can contribute in a top 6 role consistently and looks like he may be guy who settles into a more 3rd line (Fill in top 6 role occassionaly) career in NHL

Canes love Jarvis so they would probably hold onto him as he already looked great as a 19 yr old in NHL

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
I dont know how you two take away that his position or article is not to rebuild or try to make the playoffs...

Don't have to go all or nothing with every interpretation

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022

I actually think philly might be an option. They have Ellis, Sanheim, Risto, and Proverov for the top 4 already maybe they let York go.

Farabee, York, Brink, Foerster, 5th are all good assets the hawks could use and they are built to try and win now.

I dont know how you two take away that his position or article is not to rebuild or try to make the playoffs...

Don't have to go all or nothing with every interpretation
"If the goal is to drive Patrick Kane out of town, drive the fans out of the United Center and drive the franchise further into an inescapable ditch, then the Blackhawks should definitely trade Alex DeBrincat. Otherwise, don't."

This is how^ hes speaking in absolutes. When there are many valid opinions on how to move forward.

Reactions: Toews2Bickell

Njfj

Feb 14, 2015
You have to reach out and ask Seth Jones if he wants to go if you’re moving someone like DeBrincat, no? I mean I can’t imagine any of them want to be here if we are clearing it like this

I hope they keep Seth actually. This will be a generationally bad team w/o Cat, Kane, Jones. Bedard, and whatever assests we get from a nuclear rebuild need to come into a team with some veteran leaders. Keeping McCabe, Murphy and Jones, getting a quality goalie, and signing vets with the right attitude and play style will be essential if the hope is to avoid being Buffalo, Arizona, Edmonton.

Don’t forget how many 1OA picks Edmonton had (and remained awful) before they drafted McDrai.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad