GDT: Hawks @ Kraken 12/14/23 9pm Nbcsports Chicago

Status
Not open for further replies.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Mrazek has been lucky this year. He's played worse than his save percentage. Soda has been unlucky and played significantly better than his save percentage. Bad nights compound mistakes.
Mrazek has been lucky. But Soda hasn't helped himself one bit. Tonight really isn't on him.. but after 30 NHL starts and you're looking at something like an .880 save percentage I'm not really sure what else to point to other than he's really athletic.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
My point is that it’s another game where we hang around early only to end up allowing a landslide of goals and lose by a lot.

My point is that it’s another game where we hang around early only to end up allowing a landslide of goals and lose by a lot.
Seattle was all gas no brakes since puck drop. We didn't hang around we existed.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Mrazek has been lucky. But Soda hasn't helped himself one bit. Tonight really isn't on him.. but after 30 NHL starts and you're looking at something like an .880 save percentage I'm not really sure what else to point to other than he's really athletic.
For sure. But I'm reading too many posts tonight blaming Soda for this 7-1 game.

Reactions: Geoist and TLEH

Cubs2024WSChamps

Tate MacRae follows me on Tiktok
Apr 29, 2015
Patheticly embarrassing.

You fire the coach for being an imbecile and you fire the GM for creating this dog piss team.

bwanajamba

Apr 18, 2019
I'm trying to be pretty equanimeous about this season. Not going to get mad about the losses, not going to hate Filip Roos for not being an NHLer, etc. But I am so serious when I say I never want to see Tyler Johnson's goofy ass again. I'm reaching the point of irrationality with how much I dislike watching him play.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
I'm trying to be pretty equanimeous about this season. Not going to get mad about the losses, not going to hate Filip Roos for not being an NHLer, etc. But I am so serious when I say I never want to see Tyler Johnson's goofy ass again. I'm reaching the point of irrationality with how much I dislike watching him play.
Yeah a few of us are there.

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013
Seattle was all gas no brakes since puck drop. We didn't hang around we existed.

No we definitely did hang around in terms of the score/only being down one but sure call it whatever you want. Point is it went from being a close score to a blowout rather quickly once again.

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
I think out of this whole mess, Luke should be the one who is most embarrassed.

Do you know why teams play for Torts? Because there is consequences for not doing so. Why haven’t we heard of one bag skate this year, they’ve deserved at least 15. Forget the players giving up on Luke, I think Luke has given up and going through the motions. Not a good coach at all.

Cubs2024WSChamps

Tate MacRae follows me on Tiktok
Apr 29, 2015
Nobody (but you, apparently) was under any delusion this wasn't going to be a dog piss team.
Quite the opposite.

The GM is clueless. There's no doubt in my mind this team was dog piss.

losing, isnt good, fine, or acceptable.

Does anybody teach a child who is in sports losing is OK so long as the best player on his team scores a goal? I would hope not.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
I think out of this whole mess, Luke should be the one who is most embarrassed.

Do you know why teams play for Torts? Because there is consequences for not doing so. Why haven’t we heard of one bag skate this year, they’ve deserved at least 15. Forget the players giving up on Luke, I think Luke has given up and going through the motions. Not a good coach at all.
This roster is the worst in the league but he hasn't done himself any favors with usage and deployment.

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
This roster is the worst in the league but he hasn't done himself any favors with usage and deployment.
Oh far and away worst roster in the league, no arguments from me. But isn’t this guy supposed to be building the locker room culture? What the hell is the culture right now?

The answer: It’s a joke.

Reactions: Pez68

Geoist

May 1, 2015
Quite the opposite.

The GM is clueless. There's no doubt in my mind this team was dog piss.

losing, isnt good, fine, or acceptable.

Does anybody teach a child who is in sports losing is OK so long as the best player on his team scores a goal? I would hope not.

Maybe you should learn what it means to be a hockey team in a rebuild. This is a team that went into the season expecting to be one of the 5 worst. And now it's without many of its veterans/better players due to injury and other reasons. Get a f***in' clue, man.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
I mean if you asked Davidson I would say this season has been a bit of a disaster, even all things considered.

Perry, Reichel struggles, Hall out for the year. AA out for month+. Soda struggling.

You want to look like you’re getting better and building towards something.

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013
I can see the argument for wanting the coach gone ASAP because of how poorly the team is playing in terms of things that go beyond individual talent/roster quality.

But I still think even more important than this particular groups development this particular season…is the chance/opportunity to secure a #1 or #2 overall pick in the upcoming draft. I know it sounds odd, it sounds wrong almost to prioritize losing but this coaches ineptitude is part of what’s helping us lead the way in the Celebrini sweepstakes. That’s the way to look at it.

The vast majority of these players won’t be around when things really start to matter anyways. So it’s not like we should worry about development. Bedard will be fine for just one season.

You make the coaching change next season when the roster(hopefully including the likes of Celebrini/Eiserman, Nazar, Moore, etc, plus also multiple new quality signings) is closer to what it will eventually look like when the rebuild is complete. You wait and make the right move for the right coach to lead next seasons group. As for this current group….f*** em’. Let them lose. We need Celebrini in the worst way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad