GDT: Hawks @ Kraken 12/14/23 9pm Nbcsports Chicago

Status
Not open for further replies.

vegarover

Sep 1, 2015
Honest question, what do you do with Soderblom and the backup goalie position at this point? I believe after tonight he's going to have the worst save percentage in the NHL.

If you think he has a future as an NHL goalie I think you send him down to build some confidence. But if that's the case do you call up Stauber who has been pretty mid this season in the AHL? I think it's way too soon to call up Commesso.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Honest question, what do you do with Soderblom and the backup goalie position at this point? I believe after tonight he's going to have the worst save percentage in the NHL.

If you think he has a future as an NHL goalie I think you send him down to build some confidence. But if that's the case do you call up Stauber who has been pretty mid this season in the AHL? I think it's way too soon to call up Commesso.
Stauber is a mediocre AHL backup.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012

Ok this pisses me off. I get where Johnson is coming from and maybe it needs more clarity but it seems like he's blaming his teammates... and not himself. YOU have been part of the problem ALL SEASON. He's done this before too in the media.

Northernhawk

Feb 22, 2020
Arvid Soderblom…I’m sorry as bad as the Hawks have been he’s absolutely terrible

Hawks goalies during Richardson era

Mrazek 57gp 3133mins 181ga 1so 17/31/3rec 3.47avg 0.899sapct

Soderblom 29gp 1600mins 99ga 0so 4/20/3rec 3.71avg 0.884sapct

Stalock 27gp 1475mins 74ga 2so 9/15/2rec 3.01avg 0.908sapct

Stauber 6gp 364mins 17ga 0so 5/1/0rec 2.81avg 0.911sapct

Khudobin 1gp 60mins 6ga 0so 0/1/0rec 6.00avg 0.786sapct

Wells 1gp 20mins 1ga 0so 0/0/0rec 3.00avg 0.923sapct

bwanajamba

Apr 18, 2019

Ok this pisses me off. I get where Johnson is coming from and maybe it needs more clarity but it seems like he's blaming his teammates... and not himself. YOU have been part of the problem ALL SEASON. He's done this before too in the media.

1702619852067.png

Cubs2024WSChamps

Tate MacRae follows me on Tiktok
Apr 29, 2015
Maybe you should learn what it means to be a hockey team in a rebuild. This is a team that went into the season expecting to be one of the 5 worst. And now it's without many of its veterans/better players due to injury and other reasons. Get a f***in' clue, man.
Save the "this team went into the season" excuse.

If the GM cannot build a team to win, then he shouldn't be a GM. And stop the "rebuild" excuse too. The "rebuild" stopped the second Bedards elc kicked in. The GM should put players around your generational talent instead of huffing off the draft pick potpourri can and telling everyone how it takes time to build a winner when the clock is ticking on a player that deserves to be surrounded by talent.

You mean with the amount of draft picks and cap space Davidson couldn't bring in NHL talent?

He just didn't want to. He brought in washed has beens to look like he was trying and no offense, his draft picks have done nothing outside of the one draft pick he couldn't mess up.

Korchinski- bust. Playing in the NHL when he shouldn't be only because Davidson was to look like the smartest guy in the room and Cat is a proven top line player who's making this trade look worse every game he plays.

Nazar- damaged goods.

Rinzel- he's what? Five years away?

Moore- Stalberg2.0

That's embarrassing

Hagel has what? 10 goals already? Cat is doing what with the Wings?

Tl;Dr

Stop making manufactured excuses

Geoist

May 1, 2015

If the GM cannot build a team to win, then he shouldn't be a GM.

that doesn't happen overnight.

And stop the "rebuild" excuse too. The "rebuild" stopped the second Bedards elc kicked in.

LMAO!!!

The GM should put players around your generational talent

What players? The free agency cupboard was pretty bare during the past offseason. Hawks got Taylor Hall. Just sucks he got hurt.

You mean with the amount of draft picks and cap space Davidson couldn't bring in NHL talent?

He just didn't want to. He brought in washed has beens to look like he was trying and no offense, his draft picks have done nothing outside of the one draft pick he couldn't mess up.

Interesting how you bring up no names. You just rant and bitch.

Korchinski- bust.

LMAO!!

Playing in the NHL when he shouldn't be only because Davidson was to look like the smartest guy in the room

Korchinski has nothing to learn in Juniors and he can't go to Rockford.

Cubs2024WSChamps

Tate MacRae follows me on Tiktok
Apr 29, 2015
that doesn't happen overnight.
Excuse
Yes, horrible Cap management is hilarious
What players? The free agency cupboard was pretty bare during the past offseason. Hawks got Taylor Hall. Just sucks he got hurt.
Seem to recall alot of teams up against the cap....
Interesting how you bring up no names. You just rant and bitch.
Seem to recall alot of teams up against the cap, repeated
Bust

Korchinski has nothing to learn in Juniors and he can't go to Rockford.
Hmm maybe playing defense?

Darkstar

Nov 3, 2007
Denver, CO

If the GM cannot build a team to win, then he shouldn't be a GM. And stop the "rebuild" excuse too. The "rebuild" stopped the second Bedards elc kicked in. The GM should put players around your generational talent instead of huffing off the draft pick potpourri can and telling everyone how it takes time to build a winner when the clock is ticking on a player that deserves to be surrounded by talent.

Korchinski- bust. Playing in the NHL when he shouldn't be only because Davidson was to look like the smartest guy in the room and Cat is a proven top line player who's making this trade look worse every game he plays.

Nazar- damaged goods.

Rinzel- he's what? Five years away?

Moore- Stalberg2.0

That's embarrassing

Hagel has what? 10 goals already? Cat is doing what with the Wings?

Tl;Dr

Stop making manufactured excuses
thatsenough.gif

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
Woke up and checked the score.

Saw they lost 7-1.

Checked the box score to see if Bedard was in on the lone goal.

He wasn't.

Shitty night on all fronts.

Those kind of mornings are the worst.

I didn't watch the third period, so I can't say much about that, but if he had any linemates worth a crap, he would have gotten at least a point last night.

Beukeboom Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Chicago, IL
Visit site
My god.. this team is so soft. Kyle Davidson certainly did them no favors in that regard over the summer.
Knew the Hawks were thin but it's hard to blame KD when you've got major guys not available (Jones, KK, AA, Hall, etc.). Any team would struggle with that level of player out, but it's even worse when the Hawks were coming in light on talent.

Reactions: Blackhawksfirecoach

shakes the clown

Jan 11, 2010
Chicago

honest answer, you send him a really nice thank you note when we land Celebrini.

BLKHKhockey

Aug 28, 2009
Didn't stay up for the 3rd, but it was no surprise seeing a line of Bedard, Reichel, and Kurashev getting absolutely brutalized in their own zone.

Not a fan of his right now, but I want Reichel to succeed. So on one hand I think "f*** it, let them play together" just so Reichel can get something going. Expectations coming into the season were that he can drive a line. Now it's shifted for him to just show something. Playing with Bedard should help.

On the other hand, does Bedard benefit from having someone like Reichel on his line? Potential for an increase in offense, but they need to get possession first. Not good for Bedard if he spends his whole shift in the D zone.

Reactions: Jimmy2Times
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad