GDT: Hawks @@ Jets: 7PM CT on NBCSCH -- Star Wars, Nothing but Star Wars...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
You don't have to defend Uncle Joel until the death. The loyalty to family is nice, but he's getting into the HHOF regardless. You can give it a rest.
Defend what? He's playing other bottom pairing Dmen over a bottom pairing Dman. I don't see the big deal.

kuzy

Mar 31, 2012
St. Charles, IL
He's played 13 games out of 31 this season... and sat the last 13 for ****ing Franson. No idea how you can say that. And sorry, but no one plays well when you're sitting for 5-6 games, playing one, sitting for 5-6 games, playing one... Consistent play is necessary for any player to play well at this level.

Not to mention that when he has played he's been partnered with Brent "the human anchor" Seabrook. How you can blame him for having "not so great nights" in his earlier games when the entire team was a dumpster fire on ice is beyond me

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
No one is saying he's a difference maker. He's better, IMO, than Franson, and sitting him (him being Kempny) over Franson makes our roster worse on any given night.
I don't think he's much better than Franson, and Franson had an element to his game this team needed (a big shot from the point). Franson had a good run and then started playing bad (possibly related to his current injury).

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Defend what? He's playing other bottom pairing Dmen over a bottom pairing Dman. I don't see the big deal.
He's playing a pylon with a shot over a #5, at worst #6 on his bad nights... He's playing f***ing Franson every night, a guy who skates worse than a mite house leaguer... over Kempny. It's unforgivable. He's actively making the roster worse with that decision every single night. It's ridiculous.

Kempny skates better, can shoot just as well, can pass better, is faster, and has a higher IQ, but makes the occasional mistake that you expect from a youngish D.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
I don't think he's much better than Franson, and Franson had an element to his game this team needed (a big shot from the point). Franson had a good run and then started playing bad (possibly related to his current injury).

Rutta had a good run, then started playing poor awhile ago.

Seabrook was playing godawful for weeks, then started playing better when his ice-time decreased to 3rd pairing levels.

There's been plenty of opportunity to sit guys, deservedly so, and get Kempny into the lineup.

Favoritism prevented it.

kuzy

Mar 31, 2012
St. Charles, IL
He's playing a pylon with a shot over a #5, at worst #6 on his bad nights... He's playing ****ing Franson every night, a guy who skates worse than a mite house leaguer... over Kempny. It's unforgivable. He's actively making the roster worse with that decision every single night.

AND has been playing Murphy, a guy who has already struggled enough to adjust to the Hawks system, on his offside in order to do so. I know, Im a broken record but this really friggin bothers me :laugh:

Reactions: ChiHawks10

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
Seriously tho, somebody get me a gif of that Kane reaction after the Schmaltz pass. That thing is gonna have widespread use on this forum. :D

Reactions: ChiHawks10

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
AND has been playing Murphy, a guy who has already struggled enough to adjust to the Hawks system, on his offside in order to do so. I know, Im a broken record but this really friggin bothers me :laugh:
Murray found his game, and has been a much better Dman since that move. Murphy is far more important to this team than Kempny moving forward, so I'm not sure how you can dislike that move in hindsight.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL

He's playing a guy that by all accounts shouldn't be in the NHL over a guy who is AT WORST a #5 on this team, and as a result forcing a natural RD to play LD. Yeah, not a big deal at all. If you're trying to miss the playoffs.

And if you don't think Kempny is much better than Franson, your eye for talent is absolutely awful.

PP still absolutely sucks, too.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
1.I will predict we will lose 9-2 every game from.mw on ...if we get results like this !

2. ....3/4 of the lines showed up tonoght (well 1 did a full 60 ...lines 4 and 3 faded in the poor 3rd period. ..Of course line #1 was putrid tge entire game ...but it shows you that if the bother 3 lines play an A game for 2/3 to 3/3 of a game and 8f goaltending with CC holds ..we can still win 5-2 without the sucky line #1...Toews especially was very p-poor and Saad not much better..D-Cat was a bit better in effort at least than 19 and 20 ..

3.Forsling had some major loss of focus. ..leading to sloppy turnovers in the 3rd period. ..clearing was sloppy by tge entire cream in the 3rd period.. pull not get pucks out...hemmed in and running around our zone too much I the 3rd period....Horrible...xannot Q and his staff teach hosvgiys howvto get a puck out ?Luckily we had a big lead and basically weathered the storm in the 3rd period. .but a bit better luck by the Peg and better shoiting by them coukd gave made for a different story ...so this is by no means a full 60...Too many on our team failed to finish the game with the focus and competency they displayed I the firstvandvsectionsbof the 3nd period. . Sure you might say wr took the foot off the gas ..but it is more than that ...there are basic things an NHL players must'v ...like not botch clearing pucks out of our own zone. ..like not take lazy tripod gmpenalties especially against a top level P0 team.like the Peg...

Anyway we did not play smart nor play very well in 5he 3rd period.

4. Our PP stunk... .again.

5 Still not convinced we are a good team and playoff contender ...thev4vgamevwin streak is much ado about nothing ...and nothing g changes till we get all 4 lines buying in (not just 3 of them) ...and nd nit until line '#1:shows up and contributes a lot more ...

kuzy

Mar 31, 2012
St. Charles, IL
Murray found his game, and has been a much better Dman since that move. Murphy is far more important to this team than Kempny moving forward, so I'm not sure how you can dislike that move in hindsight.
Because it seemed like it was done for the sole reason of keeping Kempny out of the lineup. Defensemen also tend to play better when they're on the correct side, I saw enough weak backhand clear attempts by Murphy to know he was uncomfortable there.

You're right though, Murphy has definitely come into his own while playing on the left. But why make it harder on him?

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
1st line was far an away our best through the first half of the game, 2nd line was our best through the 2nd half.

Frankly, I scratch my head at anybody who thinks any player on the ice was anything less than good, let alone great tonight.

Whatever. People got agendas to push, I guess.

Gnight all.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
DeBrincat in the top six solved a lot of problems up and down the lines? Who would have thought.

Panik is not a bad player, but it's obvious he's not an everyday top six player.

Rooh

GENERATIONAL TANK COMMANDER
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2017
Off to Wars Star I go.. I leave you all a gif of Brent Burns.

xmas_special_wookie.gif

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
Didn't get to see the game but hot damn, that's good to see.

I'm not as big of a Kempny believer as some on here, but the fit is so much better with him or Osterle in. Franson and Seabrook are both 3rd pairing defenseman that play the same side at this point. By playing both of them it exposes one of them. I don't know how that can be argued against at this point.

Keep it going boys.

Man I hope Crow wins the Vezina this year. He's been criminally underrated for too long by far too many.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
1st line was far an away our best through the first half of the game, 2nd line was our best through the 2nd half.

Frankly, I scratch my head at anybody who thinks any player on the ice was anything less than good, let alone great tonight.

Whatever. People got agendas to push, I guess.

Gnight all.

On some level I'd understand it if they just went on production. But when Toews has 2 pts like you know, last game, the same people don't give the credit, it's clearly just pushing an agenda.

topacobe

Nov 19, 2017
1.Massacred it will be over by the end of the first ...Peg 5 Hawks 0 at end of the first...They will then put on their usual 5 monutes of hard work and score a goal...Jets will ease off in 2nd but still score 1 ...Jets up 6-1 at end of 2nd..In 3rd Jets will score 3 more and Hawks will get a cosmetic late goal by Toews or Kane to pad their stats
..Jets win game 9-2 ..CC given no help left to fend quality chance after quality chance ...No Buff for the Peg..but they hardly miss a beat without him..
..Jets make a Statement ...Hawks look "tired"despite Q giving them another day off practice yesterday..Plus Ca Change Plus C''est La Meme Chose ...Hawks play their usual good 5 monutes and meh to p'poir in the other 55 ...Queue (get the pun?) the "No Rutta ,No Franson excuse ...so what did you expect ?"

Keith -5 Seabs -4 Toews -4 Kane -4 etc..etc..

You expect this team to show up and compete for 60/60?Let Me... LOL ....combo
..in WPG.?Who gave us so much pain last season? 4 pt. Divisional Game?...There is no chance in Hell we can compete with that team even without Bjg Buff ..Shoukd you even bother watching tjis massacre? PL...till tge Peg goes up 3-0 by mid-firstbperiod...then you should switch it off before you arectemptrdvto jump off a bridge or skyscraper or commit hara-kiri..really? want to try again? I mean you also forgot to say anything negative about Seabrook.

Pessimistic about this one. ..You betcha..with goilod reason ..Even if Hawks played their A game...all of them..that at best is a half game of A effort and Sharp finishing ..We know this team rarely plays hard for more than a a few minutes to 1 period in most games under Country Club Q
.that they always look tires. .even playing bottom feeder teams..Now that the Peg is a legit contender given their firepower and finally getting starting goaltending at an elite level,you expect the Hawks to go to the Outer Limits to win tjis game?What Twilight Zone are you in if you believe they will survive this evening to come away with a win?

ONLY if CC steals a game by pitching a shut-off or allowing only 1 goal..This is the only way. ..Trouble is Hawks team knows this and will respond accordingly ..as in Let CC save us ,cause we sure as Hell will not save him...too much work involved to go all out full 60 ...why get urgent?It is only a 4 pt game bin regular season against a Central playoff bound squad..so who cares..We are still going to cash tjis fat cheques anyway.

As to re-Paying Q who gives us so many practice days off ,we will take the goof'off day ..but no way are we gonna exert more than 15 /60 ..even if that much. Cause we can still win if CC holds the fort till the last few minutes..Then we MIGHT swatch bit with urgency .

You expect uscollege match the potent Peg PP ?Ours is a joke. .Theirs is frightening teans before the game even begins.

Am I too pessimistic about this game?I do not think so .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia