GDT: Hawks @@ Jets: 7PM CT on NBCSCH -- Star Wars, Nothing but Star Wars...

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Q credited the team with 40 good monutes. HE hated our slipoyvandbpoirbplay in the 3rd period...I agree with Q mostly on this..the Team except fornlunev#1 which was handled all game ..did nothing offensively and was awful defending especialky Toews and Saad ...pretty mich the entire game. THE REST of the team was good for 2 periods ...On the 3rd period only the 2nd line kept up some effort and competence ...

Let me focus again on Toews and Saad. .still seeing no chemistry..little finish ..they cycle but little generation of finishing f or dagerous pus attack s to the slot..The passing bis grotesque. ..defenses no matter who we play simply force them aroroundvthe boards keeping g tp perimeter ...MIT mich off the rush. .Toews gets pushed off pucks. .can't make pkaysvhebonce did. .can't get passes through the clog to open guys..makes horrible pass to them pint which goes back down into our zone ..It is just sensationally poor execution. .poor decision-making.. avoidance of the skit area...not really dominating anything ..nor executing anything on attack...Then in checking. .not seeing mich take-aways from RoewsvorvSaad ..more coughing bit up than taking it from the opps.. Saad doing a lot of waiving at guys instead of effective neutral zone and d-zone e checking ..he and Toews look too slow and not very agile ...D-Cat saddled with 2 lumps of stone ..
Too much incompetence frpm 19 and 20 ..

Line #2 came to play tonight...Schmaltz probably our best player tonight mostly all game ..but Kane got interested tonight ..thought he played hard for all 3 periods ...as did Schmaltz and Anisimov..that line showed up for this game to compete...Lines
3 and 4 also came to play for 2 periods before fading in the 3rd. ..might be a conditioning problem there?They tired too easily as the game progressed ..But 19 and 20 look tired can entire game. ..Has to be an energy and conditioning problem there..They cannot play a full 15 hard,let alone a full 60....Nobody can be impressed with 19 and 29 this season so far..Tgey never look dominant unless you consider a cycle going nowhere dominating ...They just do not seem to click for mich offense..it is very sporadic and mostly by 1 or the other ..not really supporting each other either offensively or bin hard defensive checking ..motion same page or if on same page,it is a poor play page ..

This team. Is lacking a #1 line (so designated) ..Putting D-Cat up there has helped over what Panik brought ..but it still willnotvamountbto mich till Toews and Saad pkay like stars and lije close to pay level we expectation.

Reactions: Pomee

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
I was officiating again tonight and missed the game but it sounds like it was a good outing by most.

4 in a row is nice but we need more.

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
Now that was an entertaining win

Osterle and Kempney played amazing, I like the D as it is with Rutta as well but Franson is slow and not what this team needs

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
I still need to see better performance from.line #1...

$10.5 #1 was so filled with urgency and purpose this game that he attempted a great 1 shot...that is it folks 1 shot only from your co-highest paid player and designated "star" and "leader"...1 shot zero points but still got caught +1 because hecwas on for the Kempny goal even though he did not touch the puck on that play ...Saad @$6.0 also mastered 1 shot on goal zero points but was lucky enough to be on for the Wingels goal and the Kempny goal (as was D'Cat) so the #1 line all got + 1 on the Kempny goal even though they did Nothing...Toews lost a key draw in our zone right away on the WPG PP goal (and Saad was on for that one against also ..but Toews and Seabrook maim culprits for that...best faceoff man who scores no pints in crucial game loses key vital draw ..you cannot count on him for much help .. cam you?Then Seabrook does what he does...screens CC on point shot and if you do that you better block the point shot. ..but if course Seabs let's shot go past hom without any Blick. ..19 and 7 culprits on that lousy PK shift ..Anyway ...my point is. .Toews not very good this game (as with many games so far thiscseason)..Saad ditto. .D-Cat at least attempted 5 shots. ..had 1 only get through on goal 1 MS and 4 blocked..but he also blocked 2 Jets shots fir a better defensive contribution than Toews (1 blocked shot ) and Saad (0 blocked Jets shots)...Point is 19 and 20 have to play better than this..We won the game cause the other 3 lines contributed offense ..but the #1 line has to do a lot more than this. .if this is their idea of urgency for a big 4 point game showdown,heaven help us!

goldenbladz1

Feb 11, 2015
Want to talk about stupid decisions hurting this team

Look no further then Stanley's 7M hero and our 10.5M checking line center

And Panik deal looks like mistake at this point

Oh you mean the checking line center that's line shut down the best line in hockey (Tampa) and has been going up against every teams top line. Do you ever have anything positive to say? you 50 and a couple others I don't even know why you are Hawk fans (maybe bandwagon to Nashville). The 20-19-12 that line is playing well.

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
That Schmaltz pass was downright stupid. That's Exhibit A to what line chemistry can produce. That's knowing your linemate is going to be there. He didn't see Kane there, but he knew he'd be there and knew he had a lane to put the puck through. That's skill, smarts, and awareness all on an elite level on that one play.

Reactions: hawksrule

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
That Schmaltz pass was downright stupid. That's Exhibit A to what line chemistry can produce. That's knowing your linemate is going to be there. He didn't see Kane there, but he knew he'd be there and knew he had a lane to put the puck through. That's skill, smarts, and awareness all on an elite level on that one play.
It is funny though, if Kane whiffs on it or it misses him, everyone would have their pitch forks out for him not putting it on net instead. Definitely a great play in the end.

Reactions: LDF

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
He's playing a guy that by all accounts shouldn't be in the NHL over a guy who is AT WORST a #5 on this team, and as a result forcing a natural RD to play LD. Yeah, not a big deal at all. If you're trying to miss the playoffs.

And if you don't think Kempny is much better than Franson, your eye for talent is absolutely awful.

PP still absolutely sucks, too.
Franson is fine as a bottom pairing NHL player. And when he was playing well for a period of time, he was absolutely as good as the Kempny we had seen for most of the year. At his worst this year, Kempny was a 6/7..not 5.

It's certainly not a situation that would cause us to miss the playoffs. Kempny is just simply not a difference maker.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
ohhhhh i beg to differ. even thou that may have look like that, actually AA was skating toward the net behind Schm, i bet that pass was meant for AA but missed him and Kane was there for the overflow. either way, i came to this conclusion after repeating the snippet of it last nite. another either way, no one will know for sure.

but look at the video.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
It is funny though, if Kane whiffs on it or it misses him, everyone would have their pitch forks out for him not putting it on net instead. Definitely a great play in the end.
yeah that is part of being a fan

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Kempny skates better, can shoot just as well, can pass better, is faster, and has a higher IQ, but makes the occasional mistake that you expect from a youngish D.

No kidding. I sometimes wonder what certain posters watch during these games.. geez.

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
ohhhhh i beg to differ. even thou that may have look like that, actually AA was skating toward the net behind Schm, i bet that pass was meant for AA but missed him and Kane was there for the overflow. either way, i came to this conclusion after repeating the snippet of it last nite. another either way, no one will know for sure.

but look at the video.
thats exactly what i thought it was

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
my take from last nite game, it was a win and a convincing win for all to see. this proves the Bhawks still have the firepower to do it.

i am extremely happy on the scoring esp the production from the 4th line.... and lets not forget the Hino's goal.

Craw was very good and i can't find any glaring faults.

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
Missed the game, look forward to watching it later. Seen the postgame, Q sounded pretty upset about the 3rd period. He thought the first 40 was great but kept hinting he was upset with the third.

4 wins in a row and still not in the playoffs. Wild have won 4 straight as well, next game is important.

Fortyfives

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2011
First team win in a while that didn't need to be bailed out by 50.

Boy I am extremely impressed with crow, he is so calm in net right now its like total zen.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
First team win in a while that didn't need to be bailed out by 50.

Boy I am extremely impressed with crow, he is so calm in net right now its like total zen.
If the guy doesn't win the Vezina this year(barring a long-term injury or significant drop in his play) it would be tragic.

Honestly, is there a point that Crow starts to make a push towards a HHOF bid? Serious question.

Would be multiple Jennings, a Vezina, multiple Cups, what should have been a CS, career .918 SV %, and 2.37 GAA in the regular season, and a career .919 SV % and 2.29GAA in the playoffs. Gold medal for the Canadian WCH. NHL All-Rookie team, and two all-star appearances?

I guess it's a little light after looking at it all. Another Cup and maybe another Vezina(if he gets this year's also) would probably push him a lot closer.

The guy has just been criminally underrated his entire career...

Last edited:

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
As great as Crawford has been there are a few goalies having as great or better years

Vasilevskiy = 20-4-1 with 2.15 GAA / .933 sv pct and 3 Shutouts
Crawford = 14-7-2 with 2.20 GAA / .933 sv pct and 2 Shutouts
Bobrovsky = 16-8-1 with 2.20 GAA / .926 sv pct and 4 Shutouts
Quick = 15-9-1 with 2.30 GAA / .926 sv pct and 2 Shutouts

Right now I would put Vasilevskiy on top at this point

At end of year I expect Vasilevskiy and Bob to be 2 of the 3 nominees. Would be nice if Crawford is 3rd

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
As great as Crawford has been there are a few goalies having as great or better years

At end of year I expect Vasilevskiy and Bob to be 2 of the 3 nominees. Would be nice if Crawford is 3rd

None of the goalies you listed have seen the same number of shots or chances against per game as Crow though. There should be some consideration for degree of difficulty.

I do think Vasilevsky will win it though, simply because the GMs who vote for it have always placed a disproportionate emphasis on wins over numbers.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs

Would be nice if Crawford won it.

Need Vas and Bob to slip a bit for a stretch, and Crawford to keep things going the way he is.

He could be in the running for the Hart, though, also. I know goalies don't win it often, but he has a good argument for it.

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago

Maybe, but I'm not so sure on that play. Sure there would been some, you're probably right. I certainly would not have been one of that crowd. The pass was the better option in that scenario, to me.

Reactions: featherhawk

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago

but look at the video.

I don't think so. He put a lot of heat on that pass, too much heat for someone as close to him as AA was. I believe he was quoted as saying he knew Kane would be in the area at the back door there so he put it there. I tend to believe that in looking at it.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

LordKOTL

Abuse of Officials
Aug 15, 2014
Pacific NW
If the guy doesn't win the Vezina this year(barring a long-term injury or significant drop in his play) it would be tragic.

Honestly, is there a point that Crow starts to make a push towards a HHOF bid? Serious question.

Would be multiple Jennings, a Vezina, multiple Cups, what should have been a CS, career .918 SV %, and 2.37 GAA in the regular season, and a career .919 SV % and 2.29GAA in the playoffs. Gold medal for the Canadian WCH. NHL All-Rookie team, and two all-star appearances?

I guess it's a little light after looking at it all. Another Cup and maybe another Vezina(if he gets this year's also) would probably push him a lot closer.

The guy has just been criminally underrated his entire career...

Yeah, it's quite funny how we still have so-called fans stuck in 2012.

As aforementioned stat-wise Vasilevskiy is neck-and-neck with him. Plus there's the perception out there that the 'hawks are still riding the 2013/2010 D. To be fair they were damned good last night, but still you gotta figure that the perception that Keith+Seabs are all-world instead of geriatric old men who are nowhere near their peak will come into play.

In 2016 Crawford came up 5th in the Vezina race while carrying the team D. I figure Crawford is going to have to be head-and-shoulders above BobRoss, Vaseline, & Quick to get the nod; those three might get the nod based on popularity contest alone if it's close.

As for the game...fantastic showing! Great win! Now let's keep it up!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad