GDT: Hawks @@ Jets: 7PM CT on NBCSCH -- Star Wars, Nothing but Star Wars...

Status
Not open for further replies.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
tumblr_p0x7n5dZ6p1w8vvh3o1_1280.png

tumblr_p0x7gmLmIG1w8vvh3o1_1280.png

tumblr_p0x7ifXFRx1w8vvh3o1_1280.png

tumblr_p0x7lv1mKd1w8vvh3o1_1280.png

Hawks Expected Lineup:
Leia - Solo - Yoda
Luke - Anisimov- Anakin/Vader
Obi Wan - Hino - Hartman
Bouma - Wingels - Hayden

Padme - Oesterle
Generic Resistance Pilot - Pokka (?)
Murphy - Jabba the Hutt

Starter: Admiral Crowbar

Jets Expected Lineup:
Two First Names - Thiefele - No Wheels
L + ers - Littler than DeBrincat - Not Patrick Kane
Pig - Lowly Adam - Not a Ten(ev)
Perrnault - Cubs pitcher - Joel from the Army

Lessissy - Trouble
Not Coolikuv - Meijers
Chia rots - Poolboy

Starter: Hell(ebuyck)

tumblr_p0m2zwTFMu1w8vvh3o1_1280.png
Note: Top image consists of people who are, or were, a part of the Chicago Blackhawks organization except for Brent Burns (who is way too close to actually being Chewbacca that it felt wrong to put another NHLer in that spot instead of him).

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
tumblr_p0x7n5dZ6p1w8vvh3o1_1280.png

tumblr_p0x7gmLmIG1w8vvh3o1_1280.png

tumblr_p0x7ifXFRx1w8vvh3o1_1280.png

tumblr_p0x7lv1mKd1w8vvh3o1_1280.png

Hawks Expected Lineup:
Leia - Solo - Yoda
Luke - Anisimov- Anakin/Vader
Obi Wan - Hino - Hartman
Bouma - Wingels - Hayden

Padme - Oesterle
Generic Resistance Pilot - Pokka (?)
Murphy - Jabba the Hutt

Starter: Admiral Crowbar

Jets Expected Lineup:
Two First Names - Thiefele - No Wheels
L + ers - Littler than DeBrincat - Not Patrick Kane
Pig - Lowly Adam - Not a Ten(ev)
Perrnault - Cubs pitcher - Joel from the Army

Lessissy - Trouble
Not Coolikuv - Meijers
Chia rots - Poolboy

Starter: Hell(ebuyck)

tumblr_p0m2zwTFMu1w8vvh3o1_1280.png
Note: Top image consists of people who are, or were, a part of the Chicago Blackhawks organization except for Brent Burns (who is way too close to actually being Chewbacca that it felt wrong to put another NHLer in that spot instead of him).
again another creative masterpiece i really like the Q picture in this montage of hawks people.

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
If the Hawks play like they have been the last few weeks they will get blown out. Need a much better effort. If they want to get back in the central race this is a huge game, no excuse for a lazy effort in this one.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
can i make a simple recommendation at the end of the hockey yr, can this site host a poll of which GDT was the fan's fav .....

GaryPoppins

A broken clock is right twice in a day
Sep 10, 2016
Jets fan coming in peace. Looking forward to a spirited tilt. These games are always so fun to watch.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
1.Massacred it will be over by the end of the first ...Peg 5 Hawks 0 at end of the first...They will then put on their usual 5 monutes of hard work and score a goal...Jets will ease off in 2nd but still score 1 ...Jets up 6-1 at end of 2nd..In 3rd Jets will score 3 more and Hawks will get a cosmetic late goal by Toews or Kane to pad their stats
..Jets win game 9-2 ..CC given no help left to fend quality chance after quality chance ...No Buff for the Peg..but they hardly miss a beat without him..
..Jets make a Statement ...Hawks look "tired"despite Q giving them another day off practice yesterday..Plus Ca Change Plus C''est La Meme Chose ...Hawks play their usual good 5 monutes and meh to p'poir in the other 55 ...Queue (get the pun?) the "No Rutta ,No Franson excuse ...so what did you expect ?"

Keith -5 Seabs -4 Toews -4 Kane -4 etc..etc..

You expect this team to show up and compete for 60/60?Let Me... LOL ....combo
..in WPG.?Who gave us so much pain last season? 4 pt. Divisional Game?...There is no chance in Hell we can compete with that team even without Bjg Buff ..Shoukd you even bother watching tjis massacre? PL...till tge Peg goes up 3-0 by mid-firstbperiod...then you should switch it off before you arectemptrdvto jump off a bridge or skyscraper or commit hara-kiri..

Pessimistic about this one. ..You betcha..with goilod reason ..Even if Hawks played their A game...all of them..that at best is a half game of A effort and Sharp finishing ..We know this team rarely plays hard for more than a a few minutes to 1 period in most games under Country Club Q
.that they always look tires. .even playing bottom feeder teams..Now that the Peg is a legit contender given their firepower and finally getting starting goaltending at an elite level,you expect the Hawks to go to the Outer Limits to win tjis game?What Twilight Zone are you in if you believe they will survive this evening to come away with a win?

ONLY if CC steals a game by pitching a shut-off or allowing only 1 goal..This is the only way. ..Trouble is Hawks team knows this and will respond accordingly ..as in Let CC save us ,cause we sure as Hell will not save him...too much work involved to go all out full 60 ...why get urgent?It is only a 4 pt game bin regular season against a Central playoff bound squad..so who cares..We are still going to cash tjis fat cheques anyway.

As to re-Paying Q who gives us so many practice days off ,we will take the goof'off day ..but no way are we gonna exert more than 15 /60 ..even if that much. Cause we can still win if CC holds the fort till the last few minutes..Then we MIGHT swatch bit with urgency .

You expect uscollege match the potent Peg PP ?Ours is a joke. .Theirs is frightening teans before the game even begins.

Am I too pessimistic about this game?I do not think so .

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
/\ All things considered, it certainly points to a blow out. If Hawks can somehow secure a point it will be another baby step to turning this season around.

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015
I see WPG breaking it off in us....the way we had to squeak buy the last three poor opponents at home. 6-2 Jets.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
:laugh:

Fiddy is predicting a 9-2 Winnipeg win. Ok Fiddy. Considering very few teams have blowout games like this throughout an entire season, I'm going to go out on a limb here(lol) and say that your prediction is wrong.

Jesus what a joke of a post. Your posts are typically bad, but this one is just awful in every sense of the word.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
1.Massacred it will be over by the end of the first ...Peg 5 Hawks 0 at end of the first...They will then put on their usual 5 monutes of hard work and score a goal...Jets will ease off in 2nd but still score 1 ...Jets up 6-1 at end of 2nd..In 3rd Jets will score 3 more and Hawks will get a cosmetic late goal by Toews or Kane to pad their stats
..Jets win game 9-2 ..CC given no help left to fend quality chance after quality chance ...No Buff for the Peg..but they hardly miss a beat without him..
..Jets make a Statement ...Hawks look "tired"despite Q giving them another day off practice yesterday..Plus Ca Change Plus C''est La Meme Chose ...Hawks play their usual good 5 monutes and meh to p'poir in the other 55 ...Queue (get the pun?) the "No Rutta ,No Franson excuse ...so what did you expect ?"

Keith -5 Seabs -4 Toews -4 Kane -4 etc..etc..

You expect this team to show up and compete for 60/60?Let Me... LOL ....combo
..in WPG.?Who gave us so much pain last season? 4 pt. Divisional Game?...There is no chance in Hell we can compete with that team even without Bjg Buff ..Shoukd you even bother watching tjis massacre? PL...till tge Peg goes up 3-0 by mid-firstbperiod...then you should switch it off before you arectemptrdvto jump off a bridge or skyscraper or commit hara-kiri..

Pessimistic about this one. ..You betcha..with goilod reason ..Even if Hawks played their A game...all of them..that at best is a half game of A effort and Sharp finishing ..We know this team rarely plays hard for more than a a few minutes to 1 period in most games under Country Club Q
.that they always look tires. .even playing bottom feeder teams..Now that the Peg is a legit contender given their firepower and finally getting starting goaltending at an elite level,you expect the Hawks to go to the Outer Limits to win tjis game?What Twilight Zone are you in if you believe they will survive this evening to come away with a win?

ONLY if CC steals a game by pitching a shut-off or allowing only 1 goal..This is the only way. ..Trouble is Hawks team knows this and will respond accordingly ..as in Let CC save us ,cause we sure as Hell will not save him...too much work involved to go all out full 60 ...why get urgent?It is only a 4 pt game bin regular season against a Central playoff bound squad..so who cares..We are still going to cash tjis fat cheques anyway.

As to re-Paying Q who gives us so many practice days off ,we will take the goof'off day ..but no way are we gonna exert more than 15 /60 ..even if that much. Cause we can still win if CC holds the fort till the last few minutes..Then we MIGHT swatch bit with urgency .

You expect uscollege match the potent Peg PP ?Ours is a joke. .Theirs is frightening teans before the game even begins.

Am I too pessimistic about this game?I do not think so .
Jets fan coming in peace , ya none of this is going to happen , it will be a close game .

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Jets fan coming in peace , ya none of this is going to happen , it will be a close game .

It's always funny to me when opposing fans "come in peace". I would hope that's how it works. Most fans aren't going to come in and start a war ;)

Nothing against you. There were three of you in this thread who did it. :laugh:

I might come into the Jets GDT and say "Coming for war". and see what happens. :)

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Thanks to all who've liked and complemented the GDT. See that some Jets fans have even commented/liked it, so good job to our neighbors in the North.

A few little things I'd like to mention about this GDT a minute:
-Jabba the Seabrook came out like shit. Can barely even see Jabba in the picture. But just know that I tried making Seabrook into the slowest, most immovable character in the Star Wars Universe.
-Like Mace Windu, Buff won't be around today. Yippee says all the Hawks players who don't like getting hit by a freight train.
-Including Kane's two faces, I've edited (inserted a face/head) 21 times in the top image. I've probably done at most 5 or 6 in previous images. So, um, that's a lot...
-Again, I am self taught and using gimp, a freebie photoshop clone. I get a lot out of a little.
-No one has mentioned it, but my favorite part of the GDT is the @@ joke. For those unaware, an AT-AT in Star Wars is that big robot on 4 legs at the bottom middle of the top image. And because @ is a slightly shorter way of saying "at", the joke works really well.
-Last thing. I picked this gdt, not realizing that it was for the game right before the new Star Wars movie. When I realized that, I knew what theme it needed to be. I had no idea what it would exactly be, but saw that top image yesterday in google images and did what I could.

can i make a simple recommendation at the end of the hockey yr, can this site host a poll of which GDT was the fan's fav .....
Yeah, like we need to have another award handed to the idiot who won the most last year...
But I do question which of my specific themes would be the best. Evil Saad probably ain't winning a whole lot. My dark horse candidate.

It's always funny to me when opposing fans "come in peace". I would hope that's how it works. Most fans aren't going to come in and start a war ;)

I might come into the Jets GDT and say "Coming for war". and see what happens. :)

You'd have to say "Coming for Wars". "Coming for Star Wars" would also be acceptable.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
According to Eric Lear, Kempny is playing tonight in Winnipeg. So either the trade rumors are full of shit(coming from JJ, it's likely) or they're possibly showing him to the potential trade partner in a game situation.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Thanks to all who've liked and complemented the GDT. See that some Jets fans have even commented/liked it, so good job to our neighbors in the North.

A few little things I'd like to mention about this GDT a minute:
-Jabba the Seabrook came out like ****. Can barely even see Jabba in the picture. But just know that I tried making Seabrook into the slowest, most immovable character in the Star Wars Universe.
-Like Mace Windu, Buff won't be around today. Yippee says all the Hawks players who don't like getting hit by a freight train.
-Including Kane's two faces, I've edited (inserted a face/head) 21 times in the top image. I've probably done at most 5 or 6 in previous images. So, um, that's a lot...
-Again, I am self taught and using gimp, a freebie photoshop clone. I get a lot out of a little.
-No one has mentioned it, but my favorite part of the GDT is the @@ joke. For those unaware, an AT-AT in Star Wars is that big robot on 4 legs at the bottom middle of the top image. And because @ is a slightly shorter way of saying "at", the joke works really well.
-Last thing. I picked this gdt, not realizing that it was for the game right before the new Star Wars movie. When I realized that, I knew what theme it needed to be. I had no idea what it would exactly be, but saw that top image yesterday in google images and did what I could.

Yeah, like we need to have another award handed to the idiot who won the most last year...
But I do question which of my specific themes would be the best. Evil Saad probably ain't winning a whole lot. My dark horse candidate.

You'd have to say "Coming for Wars". "Coming for Star Wars" would also be acceptable.
either way, i prob wouldn't have the brains to pick out the best, they are all great

204hockey

#whiteout
Sep 29, 2017

jets fan coming in ready to start a war. hope we win today and kane gets hit by toews while entering the zone during warm ups!! :D

"never got the coming in peace" thing either. unless peace is a women .. tee hee

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
OK
.so you think my 9-2 prediction in favour of WPG was a joke...you would take me more serious if I predicted a more realistic 5-2 win only ...for the Jets?

So here it is:

Hawks play well for only 5-6 minutes out of 60...Peg wins 9-2..

Hawks play well for 1 period only then stink in another and meh in the other. ..Jests win 5-2..

Hawks play well...
for half a game and them meh to stink in the other half...Jets win 4-1 ...

Hawks put in 2 good periods but cannot help themselves. ..reverting to stink in the other period. .Hawks lose 3-1..

Hawks play full 60 ...goes to OT...Hawks get loser point..but that ain't happening..since when have the Hawks played full 69 effort game? Sore rare chances of this are about 97% it will not hapoen.

Greater chance CC stands on his head and we steal a win 3-2 or 3-1 ...but I doubt that too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad