Post-Game Talk: Have you pissed in a river? - Oilers Blowout Pens 6-1

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Share the joy Mr. Valens.
As you wish…

OvoDjaW.gif

Dieseloil

Jul 31, 2016
Oil jumped all over a team feeling sorry for themselves after imploding against the Cowpie last night. Exactly like they should. Now play that way against the Bruins, keep it close, don’t get behind early.

Reactions: Biltmore

McDeepika

Aug 14, 2004
I wonder how Dubas felt watching Hyman score his 42nd goal tonight

Probably so proud of himself for holding out and really sticking it to the Oilers by not trading his rights so we could tack on the extra year and bring down hid AAV.

**** Dubas. Glad he is the mess he is in though I have nothing but respect for Crosby.

Reactions: TB12 and MessierII

The Panther

Mar 25, 2014
Tokyo, Japan
I can't believe how bad the Pens look vs. Edmonton these days. Just not a good match-up for them.

Remember the Oilers' easiest, walkover win last season? It was in Pittsburgh, late in the season. Something like 7-2 Edmonton...

I personally like Ceci and I hope they keep him, but something had to be done about the Nurse / Ceci pairing. I dunno, maybe this pairing of him with Vinnie will work...

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia
Just checking in if Skinner and Pickard are still not good enough of a tandem post deadline? Because @Soundwave specifically identified Nedeljkovic as a target because of his tremendous high-danger SV% but less than 2 weeks ago...

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
To parrot my own comment from the gdt, he just might be a Tim Thomas-very-light. Bounced around, not given much opportunity, then hits 30 and finally finds his game. I’m not saying he’s going to become a starting goalie and become a Vezina winner, but to have some solid reliability in the backup role has been a pleasant surprise from him.

He kinda reminds me of Alex Lyon from last year. And Alex Lyon has been very good this year. He’s basically saved Detroit season because Husso has been junk.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
GHzNh_HawAAPkE3

Goddaaaaaaaaamn, Bouch and Ekholm.
They're an elite pairing in this league especially in the offensive zone. Yeah, I said it. They also play with the McDavid line a lot but they own possession a lot even away from the McDavid line. Really need to boost that Nurse pairing and it's all systems go for the defense.

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
The Pickard signing is looking good Compared to how Campbell was playing
Ya in retrospect... they could have signed like 6 Pickard level goalies instead of Campbell and went with the shotgun approach of hoping to find one good one in the batch instead of plunking down big money for a not sure thing in Campbell,

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
I thought the McDavid goal was encouraging. He got that off pretty quickly and with decent velocity. If he’s injured, hopefully it’s getting better.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad