Post-Game Talk: Have you pissed in a river? - Oilers Blowout Pens 6-1

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
RNH and me owe him dinner.
So does everyone that quoted your post before the game ended. Doubling down on the jinx.
1000017456.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Drivesaitl

mkatcherin00

Sponsor
Apr 2, 2023
Ahh. I hope that doesn’t mean they are planning on replacing Ceci with a bottom pairing guy and having Desharnais in the top 4.
Well, Squinty eyes Bob was talking about a depth dman on tv lolll

I can see them doing this. "Hey, lets throw DD up and get a cheap #6 dman"

• Love
Reactions: Lay Z Boy GM

AnInjuredJasonZucker

Feb 21, 2014
Ahh. I hope that doesn’t mean they are planning on replacing Ceci with a bottom pairing guy and having Desharnais in the top 4.
I'm not sure. Kulak-Ceci were getting more minutes through 2. I missed the first period, so don't know if they were getting tougher matchups.

Nurse-Desharnais seemed to get hemmed in more often, and the team didn't have as much going offensively when they were on.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
If they do that then they aren’t trading for a top 6 forward and just depth forwards then.
We are apparently adding a top 6 F , a bottom 6 C and a Dman.

Foegele and Ceci both bumped their trade value tonight and it would really be a shame to trade away either if they continue to contribute like they did tonight.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I was worried about that but I’ll let the NHL coach figure it out and just watch.
Pickard has stoned the Penguins before. I wonder if KK knew about that coming from the East. He really seems to have their number. What a save on Crosby among many others. Even better because he got the first save AND the rebound off Sidney Crosby.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Well, Squinty eyes Bob was talking about a depth dman on tv lolll

I can see them doing this. "Hey, lets throw DD up and get a cheap #6 dman"
I think the teams plans are this

A) Top 6 winger, 4th line center, 7th d
B) 3rd line center, top 4 d
C) 4c, 7th D

We are apparently adding a top 6 F , a bottom 6 C and a Dman.

Foegele and Ceci both bumped their trade value tonight and it would really be a shame to trade away either if they continue to contribute like they did tonight.
That’s what they are LOOKING to do, not necessarily what they will accomplish.

Reactions: nabob

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
I'm not sure. Kulak-Ceci were getting more minutes through 2. I missed the first period, so don't know if they were getting tougher matchups.

Nurse-Desharnais seemed to get hemmed in more often, and the team didn't have as much going offensively when they were on.
I think they were getting more minutes because the game was in hand. Also because of the Pens were to get a PP Nurse and Vinny would be the top D unit to start the kill.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Pickard is an odd story. Everytime I see him he looks good or at least reasonable in net. Seems to have solid fundamentals, good reactions, skill on pucks. Why did this guy never get a chance anywhere?

Want him to see some more games. Why not? Skinner might need some rest at some point.
It is kind of strange. He seems to track the puck well and has pretty good athleticism.

I mean he was projected to be a good goaltender at one point (when he was with Colorado?). But then he had a rough year and was kind of thrown to the side.

Reactions: Drivesaitl

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad