Post-Game Talk: Have you pissed in a river? - Oilers Blowout Pens 6-1

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
One of the very very few games where the opposition doesn't bring their A game vs the Oilers.

Result is an easy Oilers win.

Pickard was good when he had to be.

Team connected on their chances and were decent overall defensively but I thought they cruised a bit in the 3rd and gave up a few chances more than they needed to... but the only goal against was basically a fluke... so pretty close to a 100% game overall.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
It feels so nice to get an easy win for once. More of these down the stretch will allow the big boys to rest up a bit for the playoffs.

Lay Z Boy GM

Sep 8, 2010
Vancouver
Best game in a long time. Very long time. Though the Pens look like a dog that needs to be put down out there. They should certainly be sellers.
End of an era. I’m sad to see it, but they really should totally blow it up. Ask Sid if he wants to win another and maybe come back and play a final season with the Pens.

Obviously I’d love to have him but if he went to any contender they’re almost guaranteed a Cup.

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
Is catching the Canucks a possibility now?
23 games left for the Oilers with 10 vs playoff teams.
19 games left for the Cannots with 11 vs playoff teams.

Reactions: Oilhawks

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Is catching the Canucks a possibility now?
23 games left for the Oilers with 10 vs playoff teams.
19 games left for the Cannots with 11 vs playoff teams.
They barely beat a crappy Ducks team and we are heating up again. We also have plenty of games in hand on VAN.

It would be a good challenge to catch the Nucks and McD to catch kucherov.. something to keep the guys going

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Ahh. I hope that doesn’t mean they are planning on replacing Ceci with a bottom pairing guy and having Desharnais in the top 4.
Makes me wonder if they trade for Walker or Carriere and play him with Nurse. Then run Ceci and Kulak and VD as the #7. Who knows though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad