Post-Game Talk: Have you pissed in a river? - Oilers Blowout Pens 6-1

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Solid win

There’s something depressing about seeing that Pens team out there and watching old ass Malkin, Crosby, Letang just… not have it anymore. And I hated the Pens when they were winning cups. But watching the end of that era is just sad.

We need to rescue Crosby for a couple final kicks at the can to win a cup. Bring one back to Canada before you go.

OilynutEsquire

Sep 24, 2021
I'm not sure. Kulak-Ceci were getting more minutes through 2. I missed the first period, so don't know if they were getting tougher matchups.

Nurse-Desharnais seemed to get hemmed in more often, and the team didn't have as much going offensively when they were on.

I dont agree with this assesment at all. Every pairing played good. Nurse and Desharnais played more minutes then Kulak-Ceci as well

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
It is kind of strange. He seems to track the puck well and has pretty good athleticism.

I mean he was projected to be a good goaltender at one point (when he was with Colorado?). But then he had a rough year and was kind of thrown to the side.
Its more common than might be thought that players just get buried. They just don't get that one opportunity to rebound. Glad he's here. Gotta credit Holland on this one.

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
Looking at the Nucks schedule I'm more thinking we might bag first than I was last year chasing Vegas. Least with Nucks we know these are first place imposters.
Hopefully Vegas drops to 8th and we somehow face the Preds in the 1st round. Really the only match up I would be semi-comfortable with.
Still a lot of hockey left

Reactions: Drivesaitl

AM

Nov 22, 2004
Edmonton
RNH and me owe him dinner.

On another note goal scoring Ceci is just embarrassing Connor Brown at this point. I think Kupari may be the only more inept forward in the league. Somehow he gets regularly in lineup as well.
Coaching is a mystery.

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
I think the teams plans are this

A) Top 6 winger, 4th line center, 7th d
B) 3rd line center, top 4 d
C) 4c, 7th D

That’s what they are LOOKING to do, not necessarily what they will accomplish.

Have a feeling it could be Eberle. He looked pretty good in the last game we played against Seattle, and his underlying stats are very solid. You plug him in the 2nd line right now, instead of Foegele, with Nuge and Kane, and that's a much better offensive line. Eberle can still make a lot of good plays. His points-per-60 EV production over the last 2 seasons is very comparable to guys like Buchnevich, Tarasenko, and even Guentzel. He should be cheaper, and I think he'd be a solid addition.

Reactions: fresh meat

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Funnier part is that Kane has an assist but is still a minus player where Oilers scored no PP goals and let in just 1.
As rare as they get
Nuge -1 in a 6-1 Win and even deserving it. One game after he's a defensive allstar he plays this game. Oh well, we didn't need much tonight.

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
Wait Ceci got a star? I missed this f***ing game?! FML.

I mean, more of a pity star than a Star star.

Screenshot_20240303-202349.png

Ah well. Probably his best game of the year?

AnInjuredJasonZucker

Feb 21, 2014
I dont agree with this assesment at all. Every pairing played good. Nurse and Desharnais played more minutes then Kulak-Ceci as well
Didn't say they were bad by any stretch. Just nitpicking between the two and K/C had an edge in my view. Again, I missed the 1st, and didn't pay attention to matchups. D/D may have gotten the tougher assignments.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Solid win

There’s something depressing about seeing that Pens team out there and watching old ass Malkin, Crosby, Letang just… not have it anymore. And I hated the Pens when they were winning cups. But watching the end of that era is just sad.

We need to rescue Crosby for a couple final kicks at the can to win a cup. Bring one back to Canada before you go.

It is what it is, they've won 3 Cups, 4 Finals, can't ask for much more, I would have gladly kept Gretzky and Messier to the end even if we never would have won again after 1990.

And yeah hopefully Sid opts to just stay in Edmonton, lol. It'll get warmer next week, we promise.

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
Janmark has those occasional glimpses where he looks like McDavid for a few seconds out of nowhere... of course does very little with it because he's NOT McDavid... but you can see why the guy made it to the NHL with the talent/speed he must have had in his younger years.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Pickard is an odd story. Everytime I see him he looks good or at least reasonable in net. Seems to have solid fundamentals, good reactions, skill on pucks. Why did this guy never get a chance anywhere?

Want him to see some more games. Why not? Skinner might need some rest at some point.
To parrot my own comment from the gdt, he just might be a Tim Thomas-very-light. Bounced around, not given much opportunity, then hits 30 and finally finds his game. I’m not saying he’s going to become a starting goalie and become a Vezina winner, but to have some solid reliability in the backup role has been a pleasant surprise from him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad