Confirmed with Link: Hartman and 5th to Preds for Ejdsell, 1st and 4th

Status
Not open for further replies.

FilthyScoresberg

Memphis 901
Jul 28, 2015
Memphis
Well, you don't go shorthanded for a fight :). And he draws more penalties than he takes, which, as it turns out, is indeed tracked by the NHL. Apology accepted.

Let's hope he knows much more about hockey than you. :)
Dude, time and again you crack my shit up. Keep doing what you’re doing man. Please. And this is no offense to the people involved because all of you are awesome, but DAMN IT this cracks me up.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
see, that's the danger of trade deadline pickups, trouble in the locker room.

Every great rift starts out as a seemingly insignificant crack. A couple of months now, the locker room could be split down the middle, like a scene out of Gangs of New York, with the conservatives on one side backing Hartnell as the true "Hartsy" and the progressives on the other side backing Hartman as the new "Hartsy."

gony1.jpg

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Apparently his mom's side of his family lives in Birmingham. Interesting. I know he's the only NHLer ever born in South Carolina. (Hilton Head)

You

Jul 1, 2010
Hartman drawing that Delay of Game late in the second really turned the game around

sparkle twin

Jul 31, 2002
Smashville, TN
I just didn't/don't like giving Chicago a 1st rd pick.

I was fine getting the player. He always seemed to be in the middle of things when we played against the Hawks.

JustaFinnishGuy

Joonas Donskoi avi but not a SEA fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 3, 2016
Finland
1 game where we saw the best of his abilities. Need to see if he's consistent with his effort and what his worst games are like.
1st for a 4th liner isn't a win in any circumstance. If we win a cup and it's a 4th liner that did what was needed to win consistently, it would surely be the 1st time in playoff history.

buud

Ping Pong Predator
Oct 3, 2017
43N -79
1 game where we saw the best of his abilities. Need to see if he's consistent with his effort and what his worst games are like.
1st for a 4th liner isn't a win in any circumstance. If we win a cup and it's a 4th liner that did what was needed to win consistently, it would surely be the 1st time in playoff history.
1st time poster here, and closet Preds fan. go easy on me as i catch up :)

i have heard Hartman described as a middle-six player (i haven't watched him much). do you really think he is a 4th liner? yes, i see that he played 4th line minutes, but i think it is more a case of Lavi introducing him slowly.

honestly, i am more of a hockey fan, and also like the Ilses. let me say that i am in awe of how this team is being managed. maybe i am just used to being knocked down and trod on as an Isles fan, but i see only minor things about you guys, that can be improved on.

anyway, go Preds! i would LOVE to see you (us :) ) win the cup this year. you are officially my Western team. cheers!

Last edited:

King Weber

Apr 9, 2015
glad to see he did well. just need to wait and see just how consistently he can bring that kinda effort.

JustaFinnishGuy

Joonas Donskoi avi but not a SEA fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 3, 2016
Finland

i have heard Hartman described as a middle-six player (i haven't watched him much). do you really think he is a 4th liner? yes, i see that he played 4th line minutes, but i think it is more a case of Lavi introducing him slowly.

honestly, i am more of a hockey fan, and also like the Ilses. let me say that i am in awe of how this team is being managed. maybe i am just used to being knocked down and trod on as an Isles fan, but i see only minor things about you guys, that can be improved on.

anyway, go Preds! i would LOVE to see you (us :) ) win the cup this year. you are officially my Western team. cheers!
So far he's been a 4th liner in our system and I've rated him as such.
We'll see what he does with increased minutes if the situation plays itself out.
I wouldn't give a 1st rounder away for a controlled bottom six player, (not making a case toward Hartman that he is one) and add on top of that. It makes no sense. Having the same core around for a while makes sense, but your fringe 3rd liners and 4th liners shouldn't be a valued commodity in an NHL team. Those players are the ones who move the most around the league and cost the least.

Gaustad was one of my favorites when I really got into the Preds in the 2014 season but the trade was awful. Exact showcase of what I just described earlier in this post.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA

He's not a 4th liner. People that say that are either being hyperbolic in justifying their dislike of the trade or are being overly literal (is Malkin only a 2nd line center then?).

Welcome to the board!

Reactions: Gh24 and dood

glenngineer

Jan 27, 2010
Franklin, TN
If he’s a fourth liner why was he playing on every line last night? He started on the fourth line and worked his way around. Also, why was he out there late in a tie game if he’s only a fourth line player? Lavi must like the kid.

Reactions: SouthNash and dood

Mortiest Morty

Feb 6, 2017

He played almost 14 minutes at even strength. In his very first game with a new team. More even strength ice time than Stastny played for the Jets. Whatever some of you folks think he is, I think it's pretty clear Laviolette doesn't see him as a 4th liner.

SauceMyBiscuit

Aug 22, 2015
Atlanta, GA
If he’s a fourth liner why was he playing on every line last night? He started on the fourth line and worked his way around. Also, why was he out there late in a tie game if he’s only a fourth line player? Lavi must like the kid.

He’s a great fit in Lavi’s system. I like this pickup more and more, because Poile could have picked up someone to play in our top 6, but instead he finds someone who is a great fit for the system, doesn’t disrupt the top 6 chemistry, and shows the top 6 guys that he is confident in their play. As a player, that means a lot. Think what type of message it sends to Fiala or Smith if we pickup Evander Kane and bump them down to the third line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad