Confirmed with Link: Hartman and 5th to Preds for Ejdsell, 1st and 4th

Status
Not open for further replies.

JustaFinnishGuy

Joonas Donskoi avi but not a SEA fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 3, 2016
Finland
To a Cup contending division foe? Of course he was going to cost. I'm just saying that it wasn't as big of a reach as you are making it out to be.
I have stated in every post I've made toward him (after my 1st, knee-jerk comment one) that he has potential but everyone just skips past that part just to diminish the post for no reason lol. The cost is bad, the result may not be. He shouldn't have gone for what he did, but it's done so we can just wait for the results to come in.

Mortiest Morty

Feb 6, 2017
It is the perfect example of a bad trade gone well. Don't get how that is controversial. Larsson helped them more than Hall did at that point in time. And everyone knew that he trade was really bad.

Hartman has some potential in him for sure but that deal isn't good if you have to dig for his positive sides. Those same 'qualities' are in so many 30ish point-getters. See all the other 3rd liners in the league who do the exact same, you'll see your points repeated. He isn't worth what he was traded for but has upside to change that. You act like I'm set on him and not accepting that the situation may change.

His 27 points weren't with the Preds and he didn't contribute to our success. You can't draw a line and just say that he's one of OUR top players. Why do PP points also not matter all of the sudden? Go on and ask around the league if you'd rather have a player who posts 30-40 points on 5 on 5 or a player who pots 20 more because of power play points. 5 on 5 points are glorified for no real reason.

The Larsson trade is only an example of how to f*** up big time. They had a fluke good year last year and everyone wanted to say the trade helped them. They're right back to being terrible again. And why? Because they don't have any skilled or speedy wingers. What is Hall? That's not to even mention the disparity in value, which was monumental. Maybe the Preds overpaid a small amount, but comparing that overpayment to Hall-Larsson is like comparing Matt Irwin to Mattias Ekholm, it doesn't stack up.

And no one said power play points don't matter. Only that Hartman didn't play on the power play in Chicago. So all we have to judge him on is when he was on the ice. Even strength. Of course his points weren't with the Preds, he was just traded. Again, all you have to evaluate him on is what he's done on the ice. And on a much lower scoring team, he's put up even strength points better than almost anyone on the Preds. Just stating the facts, nothing more, nothing less.

JustaFinnishGuy

Mar 3, 2016
Finland
The Larsson trade is only an example of how to **** up big time. They had a fluke good year last year and everyone wanted to say the trade helped them. They're right back to being terrible again. And why? Because they don't have any skilled or speedy wingers. What is Hall? That's not to even mention the disparity in value, which was monumental.

And no one said power play points don't matter. Only that Hartman didn't play on the power play in Chicago. So all we have to judge him on is when he was on the ice. Even strength. Of course his points weren't with the Preds, he was just traded. Again, all you have to evaluate him on is what he's done on the ice. And on a much lower scoring team, he's put up even strength points better than almost anyone on the Preds. Just stating the facts, nothing more, nothing less.
Eh, fair enough. Gotta see more from him to get the full picture.

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
It is the perfect example of a bad trade gone well. Don't get how that is controversial. Larsson helped them more than Hall did at that point in time. And everyone knew that he trade was really bad.

Hartman has some potential in him for sure but that deal isn't good if you have to dig for his positive sides. Those same 'qualities' are in so many 30ish point-getters. See all the other 3rd liners in the league who do the exact same, you'll see your points repeated. He isn't worth what he was traded for but has upside to change that. You act like I'm set on him and not accepting that the situation may change.

His 27 points weren't with the Preds and he didn't contribute to our success. You can't draw a line and just say that he's one of OUR top players. Why do PP points also not matter all of the sudden? Go on and ask around the league if you'd rather have a player who posts 30-40 points on 5 on 5 or a player who pots 20 more because of power play points. 5 on 5 points are glorified for no real reason.

And you also can' say a trade is a bad trade until you see what the player does for you. If you get what you wanted out of them, then it was a good trade.

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
Hartman has not really impressed me at all. I feel like he shouldn’t even make the roster next season. That was a brutal trade. Period. We would be able to get a decent prospect if not for that trade. Plus extra assets.

Still don’t get the Hartman trade. Win or lose tonight.

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
He had a miserable playoff, but was decent to good through the regular season.

We're not going to have Hartnell or Fisher in the bottom-6 next year. And Hartman definitely brings more to the table than Salomaki, especially if we need someone to fill in on the 2nd line here and there.

Not a great trade, but not the worst one ever either. Still depends on what the pick turns out to be and if Ejdsell ends up with any kind of NHL career.

Jarnberg

Jul 10, 2002
Nashville
Visit site
Here's the thing, does he really have a spot in the bottom 6 next year? I mean I like him over Salomaki, but the guy was dreadful in the playoffs and was suspended, scratched, etc. I mean thats not usually what you want to see your first round pick and a pretty good center prospect traded for..

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
Bottom 6 players next year Sissons, Bonino, Watson, Jarnkrok, maybe Smith if Tolvanen is a top 6 guy, Salomaki might be back and it's not like bottom 6 guys cost an arm and a leg in free agency. It was a pretty bad and dumb trade.

Aardvarksson

gif spammer
Apr 21, 2017
Nashville
And its a good thing he didn't get a rental, what would what have happened, we lose in the second round?

Sorry but this is a "Captain Hindsight" statement. If we got a big name rental and lost in round 1, 2, 3 or 4 we'd have nothing to show for it. Rentals are risky. See Evander Kane.

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
Could say that for pretty much his entire playoff. Honestly wouldn't be shocked if Poile tries to recoup some value for him at the draft.

Nobody is going to trade us the ridiculous package poile traded him for him lol. We would be very lucky to get a fourth for him.

JustaFinnishGuy

Mar 3, 2016
Finland
And you also can' say a trade is a bad trade until you see what the player does for you. If you get what you wanted out of them, then it was a good trade.
Well we didn't get what we wanted from him. He took stupid penalties, didn't drive the play, didn't score. A 1st round pick, a prospect and a 4th for this 4th liner. Good lord.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Yup said originally I didn't like it at the time because we completely destroyed him in the playoffs last season. He was about as effective this one.

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
Bottom 6 players next year Sissons, Bonino, Watson, Jarnkrok, maybe Smith if Tolvanen is a top 6 guy, Salomaki might be back and it's not like bottom 6 guys cost an arm and a leg in free agency. It was a pretty bad and dumb trade.

So we have five bottom-6 players for next year. Sign 3 bargain basement depth guys and we're going to be better next season?

Sorry, I'm betting that Hartman outscores all but Jarnkrok and banking on him maturing as he ages and becoming less of a liability. Remember this was only his second full NHL season.

We overpaid almost definitely, but there's no reason to overreact right now and pretend that he's not an overall effective player.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
Based on the immediate reaction logic we shouldn’t have Josi or Ellis in the top 4 next season.

Also, along that line of thinking, isn’t the Turris trade even more egregious?

Reactions: NoNecksCurse

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
I never said that. I said recoup some value. I know we won't get a 1st and a prospect for him.

No I know what you mean. I wasn’t trying to rip you. I just meant is it even worth getting a fourth for a guy you traded a first, solid prospect and fourth for less than a year ago?

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
He is basically a younger version of Smith. I see him replacing Smith.

I would say he is more of a younger version of Matthew barnaby or Steve Ott. Just a annoying pest that takes stupid penalties with little offensive upside.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->