Value of: Hamilton

FanTheFlames

Aug 20, 2017
I'm wondering what people think Hamiltons value is? I keep seeing threads where people bash his value and argue if he is a top dman. When Calgary Aquired him they payed a mid 1st and 2 mid second rounders and in my opinion he is worth a fair bit more now. He is a young, cost controlled top 10 right handed dman in the nhl and in my opinion a top 20 dman. Looking for offers (What would your team give or what could he fetch) or value pick wise compared to what Calgary payed (worth another first etc...)

FanTheFlames

Aug 20, 2017
Its better, but still really similar to what Calgary payed when they got him and he is a better player now then he was then and that was considered a reasonable price to pay then.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Its better

I think you missed the joke given that our pick is like 1 better then Calgary's in the first and 2 picks better in the 2nd. Not sure that is a world of difference :P

I would say 50-50 chance you get the exact same guys you would pick in both deals

All that being said I would offer blindly 11+41+43 for Hamilton, but value might drop if you wait to see who is one the board at 11.

Last edited:
Nov 24, 2017
Calgary, Alberta
Hamilton’s value is worth that of a top line forward with probably an add on top of that. How many right handed d-man can you name that are 6’6 can defend very well and put up 40-50 points a season.

Reactions: 99664987

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Then I up it to our first(11), our 2nd(41) and Calgary's 2nd in 2019

We're not trading Hamilton for picks again. You could even offer up the 11th/12th OA combined and I'd still say no.

If you want Hamilton, we are going to be asking for Barzal. And I already know that asking for Barzal seems outlandish, but we are not going to trade Hamilton for anything less than a top 6 elite forward.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I think I’d only move Dougie for someone like Hischier, Nolan Patrick, Elias Pettersson, Matthews, Eichel or Barzal.

13pacheco31

Jan 17, 2014
I think I’d only move Dougie for someone like Hischier, Nolan Patrick, Elias Pettersson, Matthews, Eichel or Barzal.
I like how you throw Matthews, Eichle and Barzal in the there after Hischier, Patrick and Pettersson as if the later are equivalent to former. Those are two completely different tier of players lol

Reactions: Homesick

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
Puljujarvi + 10th Overall + 2019 1st (lottery protected) + Bear/Maximov + 40th Overall
For
Hamilton + Bennett

EDIT: I just remembered that Calgary has a lot of good young d prospects, so you could switch out Bear for Maximov, a rwer so they add more to there position of need.

Last edited:

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
That's a bunch of unknowns and players/picks that could completely bust on us for the first or second best player on the flames and Bennet who... Meh.

Why are people so insistent on throwing Hamilton away or trading for him? Hell, I'd sooner trade Gaudreau.

I don't blame you, but I am just saying valuewise, I think it's not bad. 10th overall + 15th-20th overall, a high 2nd, Pool Party (I still have lots of hope) and Bear. Not an awful package.

I would only do that deal if you had to trade Hamilton for some reason tho, not on a whim. I still think Nylander for Hamilton is a good deal for both teams. 1 for 1, top line talents, positions of need.

Reactions: ColoradoCanes

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad