Value of: Hamilton

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
Puljujarvi + 10th Overall + 2019 1st (lottery protected) + Bear/Maximov + 40th Overall
For
Hamilton + Bennett

EDIT: I just remembered that Calgary has a lot of good young d prospects, so you could switch out Bear for Maximov, a rwer so they add more to there position of need.

Wow. I'd seriously consider this.

I think Puljujarvi will be great in a few years. Adding a top 10 pick is great too.

Shift Brodie back to the right side with Giordano, and sign a LHD #3/4.

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
Wow. I'd seriously consider this.

I think Puljujarvi will be great in a few years. Adding a top 10 pick is great too.

Shift Brodie back to the right side with Giordano, and sign a LHD #3/4.

Who would you pick at number 10? I'd say the most likely that's still there is Smith. We could also reach for Kaut/Bokk as well. Ty Smith would be awesome though. Smith and Valimaki developing properly means we don't have to worry about Giordano's eventual decline.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
11th overall, Nelson, and a 2nd rounder.

Doubt it’s the right mix of assets, but I’ll throw it out there.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
11th overall, Nelson, and a 2nd rounder.

Doubt it’s the right mix of assets, but I’ll throw it out there.

I would give Calgary the choice of Nelson or Eberle. Nelson makes considerably less,but Eberle is more consistent.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Is Calgary home for Russell?
Yes. The summer he left Calgary for Edmonton, belief was that he was holding out for the Flames to get Gaudreau and Monahan signed, but Gaudreau took too long to get signed, so he couldn't wait any longer and took Edmonton's offer.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Yes. The summer he left Calgary for Edmonton, belief was that he was holding out for the Flames to get Gaudreau and Monahan signed, but Gaudreau took too long to get signed, so he couldn't wait any longer and took Edmonton's offer.

Interesting.
Thanks for the info. I would think it would be tough for rivals to pull off a deal.
I cannot imagine making a deal between nyi and nyr that involved quality players.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Interesting.
Thanks for the info. I would think it would be tough for rivals to pull off a deal.
I cannot imagine making a deal between nyi and nyr that involved quality players.
I can't either, the only trade the Flames and Oilers, the key piece was Steve Staios. The Flames and Canucks have made more trades, the only of any magnitude was Reinhart.

Flamesjustwin

Oct 8, 2010
London ON
Why even bother asking this question? In typical HF fashion a bunch of opposing fans will belittle his actual value and then offer scraps for him. Rinse and repeat for pretty much any value of thread.

The CyNick

Freedom of Speech!
Sep 17, 2009
Almost always bad to trade a top line forward for a D. Hamilton is likely a good 2nd pair D, or a good compliment to a franchise type D.

Calgary built their team on the idea of having a really strong D. Look where that got them.

The idea of trading an impact forward like a Barzal for Hamilton would be a terrible move for the Isles.

Let Calgary keep their D and continue to wallow in mediocrity.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
I don't blame you, but I am just saying valuewise, I think it's not bad. 10th overall + 15th-20th overall, a high 2nd, Pool Party (I still have lots of hope) and Bear. Not an awful package.

I would only do that deal if you had to trade Hamilton for some reason tho, not on a whim. I still think Nylander for Hamilton is a good deal for both teams. 1 for 1, top line talents, positions of need.
Except Nylander is nowhere near enough for Hamilton.

Reactions: CF84

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
One clue as to Dougie Hamilton's value is the fact that Flames fans dangle him out there in these hypothetical discussions. You don't see Columbus fans checking in to see what they could get for Jones or Werenski.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad