Value of: Hamilton

flamesforcup

Sep 5, 2017
Hamilton for Draisaitl is a pretty good basis i think. Draisaitl is probably the better player but his contract kind of negates the extra value. Im not sure what Oilers fans would feel for a 1 for 1 swap. Not that these 2 teams would ever risk doing a 1v1 on this caliber.
Nobody said anything about Gaudreau +
If we traded Gaudreau for Dr. Drai we would be a worse team.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
We have no reason to trade him. It'd require an overpayment.
On top of his value already being sky high.

So yeah, what Calgary's ask would be a star player in return... because why move him for futures? So we can hope to get another Dougie Hamilton?

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
Unless its an overwhelming winning deal for Calgary, they're not trading a 24 year old top pairing 6'6 defenseman on a cap friendly contract.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
if Calgary fans think Draisaitl isnt close value to Hamilton than they are out to lunch

Draisaitl would be the best case scenario, to be honest. Finally get that big franchise center they haven't had since Joe Nieuwendyk. The fact that they're dangling Hamilton in these fan discussions leads me to believe this is what they're looking for even if they're too proud to admit it.

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
Hamilton’s value is worth that of a top line forward with probably an add on top of that. How many right handed d-man can you name that are 6’6 can defend very well and put up 40-50 points a season.
Can defend very well? Yeah okay, sure bud.

But then again, how many of us expected a guy with the name MoneyHandsMonahan to be objective?

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Just wondering here, but what would Calgary want if there was a package surrounding Hayes from the Rangers? I would think Calgary is more interested in picks than prospects right now, since they don't pick until the fourth round.

Value would probably end up being more than I'd want to give up, but I'm just curious.

McDavidCrushedLarkin

Jun 12, 2016
Hamilton for Draisaitl is a pretty good basis i think. Draisaitl is probably the better player but his contract kind of negates the extra value. Im not sure what Oilers fans would feel for a 1 for 1 swap. Not that these 2 teams would ever risk doing a 1v1 on this caliber.

If we traded Gaudreau for Dr. Drai we would be a worse team.

A great big center that excels in the playoffs instead of doing his best wilting flower impersonation? I'd say that's exactly what Calgary needs.

Regardless nobody is overpaying a kings ransom for Hamilton as good as he is, there are better targets if we are talking Draisaitl.

Wayne Primeau

Stay Gold
Apr 22, 2014
Ottawa
A great big center that excels in the playoffs instead of doing his best wilting flower impersonation? I'd say that's exactly what Calgary needs.

Yeah, his name is Sean Monahan and he has 7 goals in 15 playoff games. The Flames trading Gaudreau would be like the Oilers trading Hall -- but what kind of team would do something ridiculous and stupid like that?

flamesforcup

Sep 5, 2017

Regardless nobody is overpaying a kings ransom for Hamilton as good as he is, there are better targets if we are talking Draisaitl.
lol if u think Draisaitl can drive a team like Gaudreau. He is not a #1 centre without Mcdavid.

McDavidCrushedLarkin

Jun 12, 2016
Yeah, his name is Sean Monahan and he has 7 goals in 15 playoff games. The Flames trading Gaudreau would be like the Oilers trading Hall -- but what kind of team would do something ridiculous and stupid like that?

You aren't seriously comparing Sean Monohan to Leon Draisaitl are you? Next Gaudreau will be superior to McDavid or something something lol.

Draisaitl >> Monohan
Hall > Gaudreau

Wayne Primeau

Stay Gold
Apr 22, 2014
Ottawa
You aren't seriously comparing Sean Monohan to Leon Draisaitl are you?

I was comparing him to Draisaitl within your context -- "a great big center that excels in the playoffs."

In the playoffs, Monahan has 7 goals in 15 games, Draisaitl has 6 in 13. Pretty cut-and-dried. Draisaitl may be a superior player but in your exact context, Monahan is pretty close.

Also, if the Oilers have such good players, why do they suck so hard?

McDavidCrushedLarkin

Jun 12, 2016
I was comparing him to Draisaitl within your context -- "a great big center that excels in the playoffs."

In the playoffs, Monahan has 7 goals in 15 games, Draisaitl has 6 in 13. Pretty cut-and-dried. Draisaitl may be a superior player but in your exact context, Monahan is pretty close.

Also, if the Oilers have such good players, why do they suck so hard?

3 goals 3 assists -4 in 11 of those games for Monahan. Draisaitl had 16 in 13 and was +8 on a way shittier team eh?

Wayne Primeau

Stay Gold
Apr 22, 2014
Ottawa
3 goals 3 assists -4 in 11 of those games for Monahan. Draisaitl had 16 in 13 and was +8 on a way ****tier team eh?

Was that the year that Draisaitl led the entire playoffs in shooting percentage? Oh, I think it was!

Also, if you want to talk plus-minus, how about the fact that Draisaitl was a -7 last year? Monahan was a +3... and had 6 more goals in 4 fewer games.

Monahan and Draisaitl aren't nearly as far apart as people think. Monahan was battling injuries down the stretch that caused him to need four surgeries in the offseason right after the last game... if he was fully healthy, he would've easily surpassed 70 points and probably easily outscored Draisaitl on the season. In fact, I'd be willing to bet you that exactly that will happen next season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->