Online Series: Halo (Paramount+)

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
343 has botched the Halo narrative in general from the time they took over the series. I had no faith in this show whatsoever. 343's spin on Halo hasn't been very compelling and in most cases is totally hallow

Reactions: Frankie Blueberries

RobBrown4PM

Pringles?
Oct 12, 2009
343 has botched the Halo narrative in general from the time they took over the series. I had no faith in this show whatsoever. 343's spin on Halo hasn't been very compelling and in most cases is totally hallow
Both Paramount & 343 have said the show is not canon.

CartographerNo611

Oct 11, 2014
I really like it tbh. The actor/actresses playing Masterchief and Dr. Halsey are doing a solid job. 343 and a few of the books have already taken a dump on lore so I dont get the outrage over the show changing things around. CGI is good for the budget they have. For season 2 I hope they take it into a more gritty direction.

Reactions: Kcb12345

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
This show is an embarrassment.

Imagine going from a rumored Neill Blomkamp/Peter Jackson joint (eventually became District 9) to this garbage.

I'm convinced anyone who enjoys this doesn't actually like halo.
I thought Halo 4 had a brilliant campaign, but they lost me when they introduced Sci-Fi Nations One to the universe and how they fought the Forerunners to run away from the Flood (writing that made me lose brain cells lol). That moment then gets excerbated during the first couple of seconds of the Halo 5 opening trailer where it was like Michael Bay on loads of coke.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House

Now, on the eve of the video game adaptation’s UK streaming debut on Paramount Plus, 343 Industries and Halo series producer Kiki Wolfkill says the creative team is "looking at all the feedback, good and bad" ahead of production starting up on the second season.

"We’re still getting feedback. It’s interesting to me to see characters that are resonating or not," Wolfkill tells GamesRadar+ over Zoom.

"I will say, philosophically, [we are] absolutely looking at all of the feedback, good and bad, from each episode. And those are the things that will carry forward as learnings into season two, just like all of the learnings we had on season one [that] we get through the course of production, we’ll carry those forward. We will look at everything."

The fans, then, will likely have a say in how the Halo series moves forward. It was one decision in pre-production, however, that was expected to caused a considerable amount of debate behind-the-scenes – and it’s not the one you’re thinking of.

"One of the big shifts that we did for the very mainstream – and by that, I mean people who may have just played the games and not read the books – was bringing in the timeline of the Insurrection up against the Covenant War," Wolfkill says of the two events that, in previous Halo media, were about three decades apart.

"We bring that up so that we could actually get a view into the sort of the sociopolitical dynamics of the inner colonies, the outer colonies, and the UNSC role in that," she continues. "Also the idea that, for a lot of people in the human colonies, the Covenant War wasn’t always front and center in the way it was for the UNSC and for the people on the frontlines."

At the time, however, Wolfkill admits the shifting of key events felt like a "breach": "It’s funny now looking back on it because that feels very appropriate for what we wanted to do with the story," Wolfkill recalls. "At the time, it felt like such a big change…That’s one of those places where it does help flesh out the world for viewers in a way that's a little more comprehensive and lets us touch on these themes that we would not have been able to do if we were looking at the Insurrection as something that had happened decades in the past."

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
2nd season is a vast improvement on season 1. Episode 4 of the 2nd season really feels like Halo truly after a season and a half of meandering as the Fall of Reach has finally begun. Seems like they'll reach Installation 04 by the end of the season, IMO.

Very Stable Genius

#WeLostOurKarlssons
Jan 3, 2005
Chicago
So the dumb ONI guy would just give up and let everyone die than announce the Chief was right and start evacuating people. Oh and straight up steal their armor as well?
:facepalm:

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
I just finished season 1. Seems to be a pretty massive plot hole with Cortana not being able to do anything other than put Chief in stasis then suddenly she can take him over? And regardless someone dying would mean she can't make his body move anyway?

I think some of this show was really good and some of it just atrocious. The Madrigal stuff was such a snooze. Nobody is watching this show for an insurrectionist storyline. We're watching it to see master chief shit on the covenant.

I enjoyed the Halsey stuff a lot. Didn't think I'd care so much for John's background and thought I would hate seeing his face this much. But surprisingly both worked for me. Action was mostly pretty good but there wasn't a ton of it. I also really loved when they showed the video game view from MC pov at the end. Looked super similar to the games with the radar there and everything.

I'll watch season 2 and hope they explain the plot hole. It's not a terrible show and probably one of the better ones I've seen as far as video game to movie/tv show adaptations go.

CokenoPepsi

Oct 28, 2016
Huge halo fan but have been avoiding this for sometime...thinking about skipping season 1 altogether

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
Second season has been pretty good especially the last few episodes but

Killing off the arbiter was so dumb. Seriously who thought that would be a good idea? We basically just reached the start of Halo 1. I don't mind some things being different when you adapt material to a new medium. But killing off one of the most important characters this early was so braindead. It's a Halo fanfic at this point. Such a shame because despite some plot holes, it's a fairly well made and interesting show.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad