Online Series: Halo (Paramount+)

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Yeah that was a great episode

I like that this show doesn't feel rushed. They're taking their time in each episode to develop the story and you can just tell its gonna continue to get better
So far this show has been a good example of how to build the world of a video game franchise without rushing it. Build the characters into actual persons, instead of oneliner throwing voiceovers.

Reactions: Kcb12345 and Kelly

Morbo

The Annihilator
Jan 14, 2003
Toronto
About as bad as expected.
This franchise had its golden opportunity with Blomkamp directing and Peter Jackson producing it, but fell apart because they couldn't obtain the proper budget for it. Oh well, at least we got District 9 out of it.

struggled to get through episode 2. reminiscent of the South Park Alexa bits, except not funny.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
I missed this myself but apparently John's home planet was sealed off to contain a virus. The measure used was Emergency Contact Protocol Upsilon which is the same measure that was used to control a Flood outbreak in the games.

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
nnj235gplxu81.jpg

Reactions: Kcb12345

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Wow... finally got around to watching episode 5 and holyyyy what an episode

The entire battle sequence was just spectacular, especially chief just going full on badass at the end of it.

I hope Halo game fans who aren't watching the show watch that scene, because you can't watch that scene and say they didn't make this for the fans/didnt have the fans in mind (which I know people have been saying, but its just not true). That was great. Really enjoying this show so far

Reactions: MAHJ71

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Wow... finally got around to watching episode 5 and holyyyy what an episode

The entire battle sequence was just spectacular, especially chief just going full on badass at the end of it.

I hope Halo game fans who aren't watching the show watch that scene, because you can't watch that scene and say they didn't make this for the fans/didnt have the fans in mind (which I know people have been saying, but its just not true). That was great. Really enjoying this show so far
Clips from that scene have gotten a lot of views but unfortunately the comment sections are filled with either people who've never played the games or lack basic understanding of the realities of making live action tv/film. They want the whole show to be like that scene. :facepalm: It's like they think there's an endless money well that would enable someone to make a show that costs at least 50 million dollars per episode and doesn't attract just the fans of the game but also the general audience. Plus the whole part about the game's lore and storyline being convoluted and messy already, which isn't the case with the show. They're setting up the story slowly and carefully (the Kwan Ha bits too slow).

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Based on the promo for episode 6, its looks to be setting up the Fall Of Reach, which might happen in episodes 7 and/or 8. So my guess that they'll find the Halo ring in the season finale might be close.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
I’m out!

First ep was good and that was it. Made it through 4 but cant watch anymore. Soooo slow and the acting is brutal.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
No action like last week in this week's episode but dam that was an intense episode. Chief with Halsey, the lab scene and the interrogation room, plus the ending. First glimpse of Halo ring world, baby! Also, Spartan Laser on the table!

Last edited:

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Based on how single minded Halsey is on science (by the way, this IS how she is in the games), I would not be surprised is she's got Asperger syndrome, since she is terrible with family stuff.

Bowski

GO LEAFS GO!
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2004
Kitchener
I haven't yet watched beyond E1, which was interesting.
But it's hilarious how everyone is crapping on this show, and the spirit of Betty White is still giving us constant updates:thumbu:

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
But it's hilarious how everyone is crapping on this show, and the spirit of Betty White is still giving us constant updates:thumbu:
That's people who haven't played the games and/or have unrealistic expectations for this show.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017

It's really not a bad show at all. Some people just determined that they hated it before it even came out, especially when the news broke that he removes his helmet lol.

Side note, just finished episode 6 and really loved it. Much better character development in 6 episodes than the Halo games have done combined. The show would not work if Master Chief didn't remove his helmet. It just wouldn't.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
It's really not a bad show at all. Some people just determined that they hated it before it even came out, especially when the news broke that he removes his helmet lol.

Side note, just finished episode 6 and really loved it. Much better character development in 6 episodes than the Halo games have done combined. The show would not work if Master Chief didn't remove his helmet. It just wouldn't.
Exactly. The type of emotions that the character development is displaying just can't be projected while wearing a helmet. And Master Chief just didn't display emotions in the games. But I guess that's what some people want.

RobBrown4PM

Pringles?
Oct 12, 2009

Could care less about the helmet. In the lore, it wasn't/isn't a big deal for Spartans to take off their lids.

My problems with the show however, are numerous.

- Halsey decided early on that not being honest with the Spartans was a terrible idea. So them being kidnapped child soldiers is not a secret amongst the corp. In-fact, most embrace the Spartan life.

- The covenant, specifically the Sanghelli, see humanity as bugs pissing on their church relics. Them accepting a human into their fold as some herald is a big no-no lore wise. Of course, the religious scorn the covenant have for humanity was built on a lie by Truth, Regret, and Mercy. They took many steps however, to ensure the secret would never get out. Because if it did, it would lead to a schism within the Covenant.

- LOL, countless humans (probably the majority) have the gene(s) to activate forerunner tech. John was never special.

- Why make a whole new team of never heard of before Spartans, when you have a library of loved characters from the lore to choose from (blue team).

- The Byzantine Politicking within the Covenant in the show is sorely missing. I think it, and many other aspects of the covenant, are being glossed over Becuase the show runners dont trust their creations (the covenant), that's why they introduced a human into their midst.

MVP of West Hollywd

Oct 28, 2008
I tried but it just seemed cheap and second rate especially compared to some other sci fis I watched or started recently like Foundation or Raised by Wolves. I was going to say this could be a show on SyFy or something but actually SyFy had the best sci-fi show of all time in BSG so that's probably not fair to it.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad