Confirmed with Link: Habs sign Hayden Verbeek

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
I've seen a fair amount of Soo games and I can tell you Verbeek is both one of the hardest working players and one of the best skaters in the OHL . Very Gallagher like motor wise, great penalty killer too. Production wise I just don't know how he'll translate though, he's not particularly good with the puck . Then again, we did get lucky with a similar player in Byron.
He did well in the coaching poll, for what it's worth : OHL Prospects: 2018 Coaches Poll Results

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
I'm confused, what are you talking about? In the post you quoted I was comparing Verbeek with Bradley.

Verbeek had 30 goals, if we're going to reference his stats. As for the comparison with Bradley, obviously stats aren't the only factor when evaluating a junior player.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Bergevin gifted his friend nephew a contract. He played with Pat in Hartford

How many family members is it up to now ?

Daniel Audette, Lefebvre (MB being godfather to his daughter), Carrière's son, Verbeek, who else am I missing ?

Molson really doesn't care about the team.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Verbeek had 30 goals, if we're going to reference his stats. As for the comparison with Bradley, obviously stats aren't the only factor when evaluating a junior player.

Well it kinda did. The incredibly big majority playing from 1st to 4th lines have had great stats. And usually more than just their 20 year old season. Sure, if they know that Bradley is not committed well those stats take a big blow. But usually, you do sign guys that have as much impressive stats as possible for guys not drafted year.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
As far as he is concerned, I've watch my share of games of a whole lot of junioir hockey and he never rose in any games. But that's not what it's about. It's about stats line. And just before you tell me that it's not everything....well for those guys, yes it is. How many guys with no stats as a 20 year old will happen to play a key role in a NHL team?

By the way....why do you say you are surprised that I don't like the move? Did you actually miss the post that I said I liked the Beauregard and Korostelev signings? Of course you did...how convenient.
We signed Beauregard & Korostelev? When?

ImNeverWrong

THE HF ALPHA
Jan 18, 2018
lol 34 and 31 pts as an 18 and 19 year old in the Q. what an offensive dynamo. i suspect no nepotism when this signing happened.:sarcasm:

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
I've seen a fair amount of Soo games and I can tell you Verbeek is both one of the hardest working players and one of the best skaters in the OHL . Very Gallagher like motor wise, great penalty killer too. Production wise I just don't know how he'll translate though, he's not particularly good with the puck . Then again, we did get lucky with a similar player in Byron.
He did well in the coaching poll, for what it's worth : OHL Prospects: 2018 Coaches Poll Results

I'll be watching him closely. But not good with the puck is not a typical top 6. So we're grooming another undersized bottom 6 at best. Okay.....

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
We signed Beauregard & Korostelev? When?

They were signed a few days ago. But they are signed to ATO's. Not ELC's. They played their first game with Laval last night. I know Beauregard was in today, as well. But I don't know about Korostelev. I didn't watch much of the Laval game today.

c3z4r

Jul 4, 2011
in the world

Yeah and Bradley had 34 goals, so I still don't understand your point. He's much smaller and he's a lot less productive than Bradley, regardless if we're only counting goals or points as a whole.

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
Yeah and Bradley had 34 goals, so I still don't understand your point. He's much smaller and he's a lot less productive than Bradley, regardless if we're only counting goals or points as a whole.

@Pompeius Magnus just said that he's a great skater and great PK'er. So I guess he could be a candidate to fill a bottom 6 role in 2 years.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Bergie fouled up again. Barret Hayton of the Greyhounds is a centre with skill, size, heart,
and a two way game. He is ranked high in this year's draft. Bergie confused the names.
Verbeek is fast, but small, and has a weak shot.
Do you mean like that time when he thought he was getting Jamie Benn but was acquiring in fact Jordie Benn ;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad