Confirmed with Link: Habs sign Hayden Verbeek

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Why would you sign Jake Evans when you can sign Hayden Verbeek?

Question is...why not be interested in Barré-Boulet if you go for a smallish unproductive centerman? Wouldn'T you go for a smallish productive one? Anyway, let's move on. Just another hope experience by Bergie and Timmins and Co. I'll try to watch him in the playoffs.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Question is...why not be interested in Barré-Boulet if you go for a smallish unproductive centerman? Wouldn'T you go for a smallish productive one?

Doesn't make any sense. What is offense? What is production? I don't know any of the things you talk about. Character. That's the only value i know about.

With a name like Verbeek there's no shortage of Character.

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
See people have a right to an opinion. Before, during and after a move is made. My opinion is that it's not a great signing. I'm not written off the fact that he could improve, progress and suprise us. I'm not impressed by the signing. 'Cause we could all, one after the other, say "Let's wait and see". And you know what...that's what we'll eventually do. No matter how good or bad we think that signing is. But nobody can be impressed by his stats line. Nobody.

No one is surprised you don't like the move

the question is what can you tell us about verbeek junior?

j52

Mar 7, 2007
Bergie fouled up again. Barret Hayton of the Greyhounds is a centre with skill, size, heart,
and a two way game. He is ranked high in this year's draft. Bergie confused the names.
Verbeek is fast, but small, and has a weak shot.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Question is...why not be interested in Barré-Boulet if you go for a smallish unproductive centerman? Wouldn'T you go for a smallish productive one? Anyway, let's move on. Just another hope experience by Bergie and Timmins and Co. I'll try to watch him in the playoffs.

Apparenly, they were interested in Barre-Boulet, Joel Bouchard confirmed on TSN690 the day after Boulet signed with Tampa. He said that Habs did call regarding the player to do their due diligence. He also said other teams called about him, as well. However it seems that Tampa got on him earlier and was more aggressive in pursuing him.

You can't say they didn't have interest in him when his coach said they did.

Although some rumors have been going around that Habs do have interest in Alexandre Alain and Olivier Galipeau.

c3z4r

Jul 4, 2011
in the world
Kid's written off the second he signs....Habs fans, lol

He's 20 years old, overager and very small (5'9") and only has 61 points in 67 games. I seriously doubt he'll even be an AHL regular, nvm anything else.

Comparatively, we didn't sign Bradley last year and lost his rights even tho he had 77 points in 70 games and was a 6' tall C.

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
Apparenly, they were interested in Barre-Boulet, Joel Bouchard confirmed on TSN690 the day after Boulet signed with Tampa. He said that Habs did call regarding the player to do their due diligence. He also said other teams called about him, as well. However it seems that Tampa got on him earlier and was more aggressive in pursuing him.

You can't say they didn't have interest in him when his coach said they did.

Although some rumors have been going around that Habs do have interest in Alexandre Alain and Olivier Galipeau.

I don't have a lot of insides....I really don't...but things close to the Armada....I kinda do. And I will tell you that the Habs "started" to be interested when they KNEW that the deal was done. EXACTLY to say that it's not like they weren't interested....but just to pretend like they were. The deal was done between Barré-Boulet and TBay BEFORE Christmas. And that's not how interest works. You need to be up front. You need to be before the others. We were for some guys. And that's how we got them. That's also how usually it works everywhere. Players like when you are the first or amongst the first to be interested and will remember that when it's time to make a choice. But again, as far as Barré-Boulet is concern, it was a whole lot of pretending for the Habs. By the way...not saying Barré will be Gourde. Absolutely not. Just wondering that if they thought he was too small....why would you go for Verbeek....

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
He's 20 years old, overager and very small (5'9") and only has 61 points in 67 games. I seriously doubt he'll even be an AHL regular, nvm anything else.

Comparatively, we didn't sign Bradley last year and lost his rights even tho he had 77 points in 70 games and was a 6' tall C.

When you bring up his stats, don't forget to mention he scored 30 goals last year.

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
No one is surprised you don't like the move

the question is what can you tell us about verbeek junior?

As far as he is concerned, I've watch my share of games of a whole lot of junioir hockey and he never rose in any games. But that's not what it's about. It's about stats line. And just before you tell me that it's not everything....well for those guys, yes it is. How many guys with no stats as a 20 year old will happen to play a key role in a NHL team?

By the way....why do you say you are surprised that I don't like the move? Did you actually miss the post that I said I liked the Beauregard and Korostelev signings? Of course you did...how convenient.

Reactions: Tighthead

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
I'll give him a chance before laughing at the signing.

Not laughing. Nothing is funny with this organization. Just saying that those stats line do not suggest anything as far as he's concerned. The ONLY hope you can have is to see the improvement from this team to last year. But even this is perfectly normal when you are a 20 year old. Playing in his 5th season in Juniors.....But maybe they saw something in his game that really said big time improvement. Yes, we will see. But he should not be the biggest news out of UFA we will have this year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad